van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

michael mckeary

Extreme verses SLX
« on: August 19, 2024, 01:10:42 pm »
210 grams of a difference but my mind and body knew the difference right away. I used my new SLX today on a few jobs that my Extreme wouldn't reach now its a 20' pole. I have been spoiled by running with an Extreme as my everyday pole. Hard to go back the way but it was enjoyable to know how good the 18' Extreme really is, don't think there is anything on the market to beat it.

Bungle

Re: Extreme verses SLX
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 01:24:28 pm »
All extreme users are wimps. Fact.
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 02:03:43 pm »
I trust you have used all makes and model of pole to make such a statement.....
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2024, 04:42:06 pm »
It is the best pole on the market in terms of performance but value for money is debatable they just dont last long at all.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2024, 05:23:01 pm »

But still able to work when other 'brave' hard men have wrecked their bodies prematurely.
It's a game of three halves!

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 06:02:04 pm »

But still able to work when other 'brave' hard men have wrecked their bodies prematurely.

Hey, I got one 🎣
We look at them, they look through them.

michael mckeary

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2024, 07:02:34 pm »
I trust you have used all makes and model of pole to make such a statement.....

That's the reason I said I don't think there is anything on the market to beat it. I would like to hear if there is so I can buy it.

zesty

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 07:58:42 am »
I’ve never used anything else. Xtreme is the only pole to use imo.

How’s that for a statement  ;D

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2024, 08:53:28 pm »
I've got the Xtreme and lots of...bits of Xtreme!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2024, 09:14:58 pm »
I have owned xtremes in all the versions over the years.
My 47ft extreme is a great pole for those heights.
But as an every day regular use pole my 25ft hi mod phantom beats the extreme hands down.
I have had it 4 years and it is still going strong.
Mind you it is more expensive than the 25ft extreme.

T

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2024, 10:50:26 pm »
But as an every day regular use pole my 25ft hi mod phantom beats the extreme hands down.

T

Careful the gardeners love in gang will have you off this forum for that  ;D

A considered opinion from someone who has used both - well done
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2024, 07:25:53 am »
Ive used the phantom range of poles inc the high mod. They are very similar to the slx and extreme poles weight wise and in use, in fact theres nothing in it. But the gardiner clamps are nicer to use and they are cheaper so thats why they win.

Ive used lot of poles, ova8, boss, xline and some old ionic stuff the gardiner range is still the best value with the best clamps on the market.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2024, 08:08:35 am »

Same.....my pole graveyard is mainly made up of old sections that are worn but ok for replacement if I snap a section.

I replaced a section 3 on my current xtreme because it had splintered in the middle and I kept accidentally clamping  on it....

On average I buy a brand new xtreme 25 every 2 years.i usually have to replace at least one section before the 2 years

I have actually got quite a few section 4 and 5s that are pretty decent so I only need to buy the first 3 sections but I usually just buy a complete new pole
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2024, 08:54:31 am »

Same.....my pole graveyard is mainly made up of old sections that are worn but ok for replacement if I snap a section.

I replaced a section 3 on my current xtreme because it had splintered in the middle and I kept accidentally clamping  on it....

On average I buy a brand new xtreme 25 every 2 years.i usually have to replace at least one section before the 2 years

I have actually got quite a few section 4 and 5s that are pretty decent so I only need to buy the first 3 sections but I usually just buy a complete new pole

I run my everyday extreme as a 20ft four section. It's the same section 4 (with a new clamp each time) on the third set of 1,2,3 sections.

This time I am over three years in without a snap because 'luck' and I lacquer it every year.
It's a game of three halves!

michael mckeary

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2024, 08:58:31 am »
Another thing I noticed yesterday with the SLX, it bends more. The Extreme seems more ridged when fully extended.

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2024, 12:45:30 pm »
Another thing I noticed yesterday with the SLX, it bends more. The Extreme seems more ridged when fully extended.

In other news, grass is green.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2024, 01:38:53 pm »
And would you believe it, the CLX bends more than the SLX😮‍💨

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2024, 03:04:25 pm »
And brodex Ali poles are heavy and bendy

the king

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2024, 08:23:09 pm »

T  im looking at replacing my xline nano this year the phamtom high mod looks very nice im torn between 25ft and 30ft  the waights deffently jump up compaired to the extreme after 25ft

michael mckeary

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2024, 08:32:31 pm »
Usually when I break the top section of the Extreme its because I have left it fully extended on the wall. Then out of nowhere a gust of wind blows it off and the top section snaps. Decided not to do it anymore and just lie it on a hedge.