This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyralph

George - moving from one PC to another. August 2024. New
« on: August 16, 2024, 09:00:17 pm »
Hi all struggling to move George from desk top to laptop any help please thanks andy

Roy Harding

Re: George
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 07:45:02 am »
Install George on new device. Then use the data restore program that you need to download to restore your latest backup..

andyralph

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2024, 03:47:54 pm »
hi tried downloading george but no joy do a restore and showing no jobs thanks andy

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 01:16:59 pm »
have you sorted it ?
i know what you have to do ,as long as you have all you data on a stick or an extrernal drive

andyralph

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 01:31:32 pm »
Hi have it on an eternal stick but can load on to my laptop from desk top any help would be great thanks andy

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 04:28:02 pm »
Hi have it on an eternal stick but can load on to my laptop from desk top any help would be great thanks andy

Can or can't? Sorry I'm in a bad mood, but make yourself clear mate.
We look at them, they look through them.

andyralph

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 04:59:34 pm »
Can’t get it to restore just comes up blank thanks andy

colin bird

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 06:39:24 pm »
Down load George demo on new device,do a short cut and put the George green square box thing on your desk top,then connect your external drive or stick to new device ,then minimise screen drag latest update to an open screen on new deceive then drag it to the green square thing it will then say open with George and bingo all will be good you will then have transferred the old data to new device,you can also do the same by dragging your lateast update onto the George restore,if you have any problems message on here and I can talk you through it as I will then put my latest backup on my sons pc,it’s not difficult but it is if you don’t know what to do,I’m here to help so don’t struggle

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2024, 06:59:36 pm »
Down load George demo on new device,do a short cut and put the George green square box thing on your desk top,then connect your external drive or stick to new device ,then minimise screen drag latest update to an open screen on new deceive then drag it to the green square thing it will then say open with George and bingo all will be good you will then have transferred the old data to new device,you can also do the same by dragging your lateast update onto the George restore,if you have any problems message on here and I can talk you through it as I will then put my latest backup on my sons pc,it’s not difficult but it is if you don’t know what to do,I’m here to help so don’t struggle
This is important if u have a apple laptop you can’t put George on it ,it has to be a windows based laptop or pc

andyralph

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2024, 08:00:21 pm »
Thank u so much any problems and I’ll get back two u thanks Andy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2024, 08:12:04 pm »
p

Others may weigh in but I think it has to be no later a version of Windows than 10.
It's a game of three halves!

colin bird

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2024, 08:29:17 pm »
p

Others may weigh in but I think it has to be no later a version of Windows than 10.

I’m rubbish on a pc but I think my laptop is windows eleven

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2024, 11:25:23 pm »
p

And you are running George?
It's a game of three halves!

colin bird

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2024, 04:06:37 am »
p

And you are running George?
[/quote

Yes I’m running George on a two year old laptop so I’m assuming it’s windows 11,

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2024, 09:14:49 am »
The trick is to load George into you new laptop and then close the program.
Then use George restore with George closed.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2024, 12:31:29 pm »
Don't forget you can't just download the George and Restore program onto the new device.  They have to be installed before using either of them.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

andyralph

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2024, 06:22:41 pm »
Hi all managed to get george on new desktop but cant seem to get the data restore to work  says its backed up but blank job page any help thanks andy

Roy Harding

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2024, 07:13:19 am »
With the restore program you need to select the folder your backup is saved too, if there are several backups it selects the last one.

andyralph

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2024, 07:54:05 pm »
Hi all just tryed downloading data  restore wont let me is it because im using windows 11 thanks andy

colin bird

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2024, 02:48:59 pm »
Hi all just tryed downloading data  restore wont let me is it because im using windows 11 thanks andy

no ! im using windows 11 on a laptop that is only two years old and it works fine ,i will be home mid afternoon this coming friday my sons works from home so he can face time you and show you what im doing on the lap top .
just make sure youve downloaded the george  demo and have your back up on a stick or external drive,ive had problems before but ive now got my head around it so i know what to do,im not clever just a thick window cleaner but i can sort it
my mobile 07850332219 give me the heads up if friday mid afternoon is good for you and we can sort it
regards colin