van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richarddavidson

How high does the sprayer go on gardiner backpack New
« on: August 13, 2024, 07:56:39 pm »
Hi..not been on for a long long time
I have an exterior cleaning business and do a lot of roof cleaning using high pressure/bio .
I use to do a lot of softwashing and I now need to do a slate roof .
Unfortunately my 15lpm pump and battery have sat so long It looks like I need to replace both .
It a one off job and a bungalow.
I can get to roofline and spray and it's only a 5 m reach to the peak.
Would a gardiner backpack and lance combo reach that high?
I just sold my carbon poles as I was not using them ( typical) so don't really want to buy new poles and go dowm that route.
Any other suggestions most welcome.

simon w

Re: How high does the sprayer go on gardiner backpack
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2024, 08:20:35 pm »
You could put the backpack in the customers bedroom and pass the hose out the window, less work for the pump then. Or remove a couple of roof tiles from inside the loft and work out of the hole you've made, then just make good the hole at the end of the job. Falling failing that I could lend you my ladder  ;D

richarddavidson

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 09:14:20 pm »
 :o :o ;D
Unfortunately that's not really an option.
I can get the pump up to the roofline /gutter so it's just a case of spraying up the roof.
15feet to the top of the roof.
Just not sure if the pump will be powerful enough for that ...

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2024, 09:36:20 pm »
I have used a Gardiner Backpack to clean windows at a 40' height using fan jets on the brush head.

I don't know what the psi of the pump is, but I'm sure that Alex Gardiner or one of the telesales staff can give you an answer if you phone them in the morning.

DA components sell a replacement pump that is suitable for chemical use for the Gardiner Backpack. It is 40psi and 3.8lpm maximum flow rate.

https://www.da-components.com/12-volt-replacement-chemical-pump-for-backpacks.html

There are many windies who use a Gardiner backpack for soft washing applications. So I'm sure that it will work for you. The problem is they (Gardiners) have no stock at the moment. They do have some marked items in stock though.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

simon w

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2024, 07:24:05 am »
:o :o ;D
Unfortunately that's not really an option.
I can get the pump up to the roofline /gutter so it's just a case of spraying up the roof.
15feet to the top of the roof.
Just not sure if the pump will be powerful enough for that ...

It will easily be powerful enough to pump chemicals to the height of a roof, we regularly use Gardiner backpacks to spray chemicals at height. From what you're saying it's only 30 feet from ground, backpack won't even struggle with this.  If you can get the pump (backpack) to the roofline, I guess you have a tower scaffold?? so the real question is how you're going to apply it if you haven't got a water fed pole? buy one? borrow/hire one?

michael mckeary

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2024, 11:45:31 am »
I bought a PF nano trolly which cost over £800 with the chemical pump. I used to use the backpack and it would take me over 30mins a side on a roof. Now I use the Nano and set at 99 so it takes 10mins a side. Best trolley I have ever used and has a lithium battery. Someone like yourself then its a no brainer.

simon w

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2024, 05:44:45 pm »
I bought a PF nano trolly which cost over £800 with the chemical pump. I used to use the backpack and it would take me over 30mins a side on a roof. Now I use the Nano and set at 99 so it takes 10mins a side. Best trolley I have ever used and has a lithium battery. Someone like yourself then its a no brainer.

How much fluid does the nano hold compared to a backpack? Unless it's massive, surely your having to refill it constantly with an increased flow rate? Backpack holds 22 litres I believe and on full flow you can empty this in minutes, personally I don't find high flow that beneficial when spraying chemicals as it causes overspray and run off.

michael mckeary

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2024, 06:08:08 pm »
How much fluid does the nano hold compared to a backpack? Unless it's massive, surely your having to refill it constantly with an increased flow rate? Backpack holds 22 litres I believe and on full flow you can empty this in minutes, personally I don't find high flow that beneficial when spraying chemicals as it causes overspray and run off.

It comes with a 25l clear tub but I use a 20 or 25l hypo tub. When I spray a roof, I add a bit more surfactant so I don't get run off. Many cleaners on the other forum have the Nano and now I know why. This job is all about efficiency and that trolly can save you a massive amount of time. You need a good spray nozzle which makes all the difference, I got mine from Rutland Pumps. After 3 jobs it pays for itself, I wish I bought it years ago. 😉

simon w

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2024, 06:19:02 pm »

It comes with a 25l clear tub but I use a 20 or 25l hypo tub. When I spray a roof, I add a bit more surfactant so I don't get run off. Many cleaners on the other forum have the Nano and now I know why. This job is all about efficiency and that trolly can save you a massive amount of time. You need a good spray nozzle which makes all the difference, I got mine from Rutland Pumps. After 3 jobs it pays for itself, I wish I bought it years ago. 😉

That's quite a mark up in price for something that only holds an extra 3 litres  :o honestly never had an issue with flow rates on a Gardiner Backpack, in fact the only time it's on full flow is when I'm cleaning it out and flushing the pump with clean water. Gardiner backpacks work fine with chemicals providing you clean them out at the end of each job, can't see how an extra 3 litres and different pump is worth that extra money, maybe the fact that it's on a trolly may be the only selling point for me.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2024, 09:42:04 pm »
I agree Simon I see no difference other than £700 odd quid - well you know what they a fool and his money....
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Splash and dash

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2024, 11:23:21 pm »

That's quite a mark up in price for something that only holds an extra 3 litres  :o honestly never had an issue with flow rates on a Gardiner Backpack, in fact the only time it's on full flow is when I'm cleaning it out and flushing the pump with clean water. Gardiner backpacks work fine with chemicals providing you clean them out at the end of each job, can't see how an extra 3 litres and different pump is worth that extra money, maybe the fact that it's on a trolly may be the only selling point for me.

Gardiner’s backpacks are very good ,but the nano trolly gives the same flow rate as a van mount system so is much quicker if using it for chemical application like softwashing. We just line the barrels up and change to the next one it’s much quicker than having to keep re filling a backpack .

michael mckeary

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2024, 11:38:38 am »

Get a bit of experience with it. If you know someone with one then borrow it and tell us what you think of it. I couldn't justified the price but I bit the bullet and never looked back. At 58 I'm trying to save as much time as possible and make my business as efficient as possible. The more efficient it has become the more money is coming in each month.

michael mckeary

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2024, 11:43:17 am »
Gardiner’s backpacks are very good ,but the nano trolly gives the same flow rate as a van mount system so is much quicker if using it for chemical application like softwashing. We just line the barrels up and change to the next one it’s much quicker than having to keep re filling a backpack .

There's no point trying to educate someone who has No Experience with a Nano Trolly because I had their same Mindset till I used one. (best £800 I have ever spent)

Do just once what other people say you can't do & you will never pay attention to their limitations again.

Bungle

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2024, 04:32:45 pm »

There's no point trying to educate someone who has No Experience with a Nano Trolly because I had their same Mindset till I used one. (best £800 I have ever spent)

Do just once what other people say you can't do & you will never pay attention to their limitations again.

Michael, any chance you can use the quotation button when you quote someone please?
We look at them, they look through them.

matthewprice

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2024, 07:30:56 pm »
Used gardeners back pack today . Very comfortably reached 30 feet . To was upvc