This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonboywalton75

Re: Transit connect, somethings popped 😱
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2024, 01:16:49 pm »
Update

Getting van tommorow
New cam and timing kit (water pump etc) plus labour
Total £1730.00🙄

Ah well I'm back on the road

That sounds a bit steep! I was quoted £650 for new cambelt and water pump including labour

That's a rip off Daz, my garage will do that for £450.00
I needed a new camshaft for starters.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2024, 03:12:58 pm »

For anyone who's interested

dazmond

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2024, 06:00:34 pm »
I bet that's the most you ve ever spent on vehicle repairs

At least your back on the road. It could have been so much worse.👍(eg new engine)
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2024, 06:18:27 pm »
I bet that's the most you ve ever spent on vehicle repairs

At least your back on the road. It could have been so much worse.👍(eg new engine)

Yeah glad to be up and running.
I wondered whether I might need a reconditioned engine, which I wouldn't have fancied, Van only worth 6 or 7 grand with system installed.
I'll have to get onto my son who has a similar engine in his Partner, make sure he's up to speed 🙄

Ah well it's tax deductable 😁

I've increased some prices on my rounds to compensate, some needed raising anyway

Scottish Cleaning Service

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2024, 09:37:42 am »
It would be good to work out the cost of our van each week? Must be somewhere between £300 to £500 when all the costs are added. Don't think we realise that £200 a day is surviving mode.

dazmond

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2024, 09:58:18 am »
It would be good to work out the cost of our van each week? Must be somewhere between £300 to £500 when all the costs are added. Don't think we realise that £200 a day is surviving mode.

Mines around £80 a week over 52 weeks.Perfectly affordable.This includes everything...lease,tax,insurance,diesel and maintenance,etc

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2024, 11:57:21 am »

Mines around £80 a week over 52 weeks.Perfectly affordable.This includes everything...lease,tax,insurance,diesel and maintenance,etc

Just to lease the Crafter I want its £630 a month but it means I can do allsorts of jobs. This morning I'm screeding a flat roof then tomorrow I will felt it. Its only a lockup but there's good money in it. Another customer wants me to replace the pvc around his windows so will try one window first to see how it goes and if he is happy with it. That's the thing about this job,  customers always needing small jobs done and come to me first. If I can't do it then I can advise them.

One customer was told to remove a cupboard they had paid for to be made when the upstairs extension was done. They asked me to remove it because building control told them to. I told them no need to because it has not shortened the "means of escape" size from the original which they passed. They informed building control and they agreed with me and saved my customer £600. In life we should always get a second opinion on anything. One very happy customer who has now got me her sister as a customer. More you give out the more that comes back, I have found out.

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2024, 01:10:37 pm »

Just to lease the Crafter I want its £630 a month but it means I can do allsorts of jobs. This morning I'm screeding a flat roof then tomorrow I will felt it. Its only a lockup but there's good money in it. Another customer wants me to replace the pvc around his windows so will try one window first to see how it goes and if he is happy with it. That's the thing about this job,  customers always needing small jobs done and come to me first. If I can't do it then I can advise them.

One customer was told to remove a cupboard they had paid for to be made when the upstairs extension was done. They asked me to remove it because building control told them to. I told them no need to because it has not shortened the "means of escape" size from the original which they passed. They informed building control and they agreed with me and saved my customer £600. In life we should always get a second opinion on anything. One very happy customer who has now got me her sister as a customer. More you give out the more that comes back, I have found out.

£630 a month seems like a lot of money to lease a van. That's not even including RFL,insurance,diesel and servicing costs!

Personally I would want to be turning over at least 8k a month(which is double
my current earnings)  before I'd even consider leasing a van that large....

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2024, 01:13:03 pm »
Remember when leasing a van you pay VAT on the road fund licence every year too.

Splash and dash

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2024, 09:09:00 pm »

£80 per week that’s very cheap we put around £65 per week just  in diesel costs per  van per week

the king

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2024, 06:21:35 am »
Im averaging  £55/£60 pw in fuel that’s running heater as well

dazmond

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2024, 11:58:25 am »

£80 per week that’s very cheap we put around £65 per week just  in diesel costs per  van per week

£30 per week in diesel and that's running the diesel heater too!👍

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2024, 07:27:37 pm »
Its all swings and roundabouts. A small van is great if just cleaning windows and maybe a roof rack for a ladder. Today I was spraying a large community hall roof with hypo and clearing out their gutters. After that I sprayed the top of windows, pvc doors and the underside of gutters. Finished off with the wfp to clean everything I had sprayed. The big van is perfect for this type of work and great for advertising. In the end its the function of the business one is running.

DJW

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2024, 10:07:48 pm »
In the end it’s down to turnover and living within your means. No point in spouting figures for a brand new big van if you can’t afford it.

dazmond

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2024, 08:31:29 am »
Its all swings and roundabouts. A small van is great if just cleaning windows and maybe a roof rack for a ladder. Today I was spraying a large community hall roof with hypo and clearing out their gutters. After that I sprayed the top of windows, pvc doors and the underside of gutters. Finished off with the wfp to clean everything I had sprayed. The big van is perfect for this type of work and great for advertising. In the end its the function of the business one is running.

I'd want to be turning over at least 80k a year before I'd even think of getting a large new van like a crafter

« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2024, 09:39:40 am »

I'd want to be turning over at least 80k a year before I'd even think of getting a large new van like a crafter

I'm not far away from that figure now. In the last 6 years I have bought most of everything I need to do what I do. No advertising now and consistent work each month with the windows to clean. In 18 months the mortgage is finished and that's the time I will go for the new van. As someone said my van is nearly new with all the new parts that's on it. They call me a Utube mechanic now. Just need a bigger lockup to store my stuff. 😂

Always shining

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2024, 07:47:10 am »
Bigger lock up for somewhere to store your annoying massive head!

dazmond

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2024, 08:30:11 am »
With your skills Michael. I'm surprised your window cleaning at all. You could make more money concentrating on other work 👍

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2024, 09:10:29 am »
With your skills Michael. I'm surprised your window cleaning at all. You could make more money concentrating on other work 👍

Variety is the spice of life. Windows brings in consistent money and gets me small jobs. I have to help my mate with an extension for 3 to 5 days. I can clean windows aswell as helping him. The only other job like this is a taxi driver but you have to pay for a radio each week. I'm trying to help folk and that pays back, that's what I notice on forums and the help I have received from most participants. You will always get the jealous guys who try and put you down which has helped me grow. We should be on here to help each other to build our business and share skills but a small minority don't have that mindset. Until they change then they will be stuck in first gear, that's what I noticed in life.

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2024, 09:14:06 am »
Bigger lock up for somewhere to store your annoying massive head!

We are on hear to help each other and share skills to make our business grow. What have you every brought to the forum bar jealousy? Yes nothing, the sooner you change your mindset the better your business will become. I'm only trying to help you.