This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

It's Pole Snapping Season
« on: August 07, 2024, 05:56:32 pm »
Need to stop trying to close windows with my brush.

I hate open windows.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

SB Cleaning

Re: It's Pole Snapping Season
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2024, 05:59:48 pm »
Extreme?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 06:00:33 pm »
SLX
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

michael mckeary

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2024, 07:34:19 pm »
I thought you were talking about the wind. Wind appeared from nowhere today and blew my pole off side of building and top section snapped in the middle. I had went to upright a gnome that I thought my hose had tumbled. The pole still works but can only extend top section half way. Will a SLX top section fit and extreme because that's the second one I have snapped? cheers.

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2024, 08:55:58 pm »
I thought you were talking about the wind. Wind appeared from nowhere today and blew my pole off side of building and top section snapped in the middle. I had went to upright a gnome that I thought my hose had tumbled. The pole still works but can only extend top section half way. Will a SLX top section fit and extreme because that's the second one I have snapped? cheers.

Next time boot the poxy gnome into the bushes.
We look at them, they look through them.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2024, 09:43:49 pm »
that's the second one I have snapped?
I was snapping them like kit kat fingers when I had one.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2024, 10:30:26 pm »

Next time boot th e poxy gnome into the bushes.

but he might be able to fix it !  :P
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

michael mckeary

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2024, 08:23:59 am »
Its now an 16' wfp and will run with it till winter.

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2024, 12:22:45 pm »
That won’t do your back any favours

michael mckeary

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2024, 01:11:11 pm »
Got an 18' SLX coming with a spare top section. Going to swap the spare slx top section with the broken extreme top section if it fits. 😉

alank

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2024, 03:07:53 pm »
over the last few months I have replaced section one and section two on both the extreme 18 poles that we use every day.
I have had these poles a few years and look after them, granted only work 16 - 20 a week on the glass.
As an everyday pole I cant fault them when compared with some poles out there. that is why I replaced the sections with extreme sections, the pole is our main tool in use all the time so why not when replacing sections keep it to the original ?

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2024, 07:57:06 pm »
over the last few months I have replaced section one and section two on both the extreme 18 poles that we use every day.
I have had these poles a few years and look after them, granted only work 16 - 20 a week on the glass.
As an everyday pole I cant fault them when compared with some poles out there. that is why I replaced the sections with extreme sections, the pole is our main tool in use all the time so why not when replacing sections keep it to the original ?

It'll be like triggers broom if you add another spare section....😄

I find it's always the first 3 sections of my xtreme 25 that wear the quickest.

I've replaced section 3 with a spare extreme section I had lying around on my current xtreme(16 months old)
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2024, 09:52:44 am »
I dont think ive ever snapped an slx section, it must have been well worn.

Extremes on the other hand snap for fun. I havent had an extreme for a while i cant bring myself to fork out for another but i dont need anything more than 22ft now.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2024, 11:26:58 am »
I dont think ive ever snapped an slx section, it must have been well worn.

Extremes on the other hand snap for fun. I havent had an extreme for a while i cant bring myself to fork out for another but i dont need anything more than 22ft now.

It's the first and second section I always need to replace, tend to last me about 18 months.  The bottom 3 sections are years old.   I do wonder how many sections I need to replace before I have no right to call it the old original pole 🤣