This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Filtering from water tap
« on: July 30, 2024, 01:10:54 pm »
I put new filter systems on the  system and a new vessel the water goes through finally before filling your tank.
I seem to be on a slower water system we bought on the brand new estate, it just  a slow trickle when filling in the water tanks, the vessel in just over 3/4 full but the speed of purifying the water is quite slow.
Is there any way of trying to speed it up a bit?
Cheers Rich

Smudger

Re: Filtering from water tap
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 01:39:43 pm »
check the stop cocks are fully open - are you coming off a proper pipe/spur or one of those tap things that put a hole in your pipe - if so its too small or a bit of pipe is blocking it.

failing that you may suffer poor water pressure at this address/ the water board has reduced pressure due to the dry spell
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2024, 01:46:15 pm »
It’s a separate pipe coming from outside tap outside the kitchen, to the water tanks via filter system and  vessel  in the garage . The distance between filter system and tap is a little over 6feet.
Cheers Rich

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024, 05:31:48 pm »
I live in a new build pressure from my outside tap also outside kitchen is rubbish I was told the pressure to the house is reduced due to a pressurised water system fitted in the house.
I dug down to the mains in my front lawn ( prior to water getting to house ) I then fitted a tap to my garage water pressure is great I can fill a bucket in seconds,this is the best pressure I’ve ever had,my 4040 van mounted system fills quite quickly

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2024, 06:12:57 pm »
I live in a new build pressure from my outside tap also outside kitchen is rubbish I was told the pressure to the house is reduced due to a pressurised water system fitted in the house.
I dug down to the mains in my front lawn ( prior to water getting to house ) I then fitted a tap to my garage water pressure is great I can fill a bucket in seconds,this is the best pressure I’ve ever had,my 4040 van mounted system fills quite quickly
Couldn't do that  without getting the water company in next county and doing the job ,which would cost a fortune. I could move the tanks outside next to the tap which means it would go in quicker, but would need to put back in the garage at the start of winter.
Cheers Rich

michael mckeary

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2024, 07:49:25 am »
Some outside taps are fitted with that screw quick fit that cuts hole into copper pipe. I have had to refit a new tap because the pressure is terrible.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2024, 10:01:14 pm »
I put new filter systems on the  system and a new vessel the water goes through finally before filling your tank.
I seem to be on a slower water system we bought on the brand new estate, it just  a slow trickle when filling in the water tanks, the vessel in just over 3/4 full but the speed of purifying the water is quite slow.

What  r/o do you have?
What is your water pressure?
How many litres of water do you get out of your tap in a minute with the tap fully open?

These are so questions you need to answer before anyone can help you.

I have a 4040.
My water pressure is 50 to 55psi.
Water flow from the back garden tap is 13lpm.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2024, 10:13:11 pm »
It will be the psi coming from the tap anything below 50 psi and nothing coming out the pure other than a tiny trickle get past 50 and ur flying along….. I can’t use an ro at home my pressure is also garbage

Splash and dash

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2024, 10:22:15 pm »
It will be the psi coming from the tap anything below 50 psi and nothing coming out the pure other than a tiny trickle get past 50 and ur flying along….. I can’t use an ro at home my pressure is also garbage

A booster pump will help if pressure is low

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2024, 06:02:23 pm »

What  r/o do you have?
What is your water pressure?
How many litres of water do you get out of your tap in a minute with the tap fully open?

These are so questions you need to answer before anyone can help you.

I have a 4040.
My water pressure is 50 to 55psi.
Water flow from the back garden tap is 13lpm.
Just come back from holiday abroad, that’s why I haven’t reply before today.
I can’t remember exactly but the water pressure from tap is up to 200 before it gets filtered, after it’s filtered the ro  is 000
Cheers Rich

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2024, 06:10:34 pm »
I think you mean TDS?
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

RPCCS

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2024, 08:01:59 pm »
I think you mean TDS?
Yes 000tds after water is turned on, the tds is after water has been filtered
Cheers Rich

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2024, 08:41:35 pm »
Sorry thought you were heeding faster flow out of the RO ? What’s the water pressure?

RPCCS

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2024, 09:09:53 pm »
Sorry thought you were heeding faster flow out of the RO ? What’s the water pressure?
Cant quite remember but I think it was getting on for a bit less than 200 or a bit less, that’s direct from tap, before it gets filtered.. My old  water vessel was refitted slightly wrong and leaked from the lip of the valve, but the new one I have  has a higher water and  filter cleaner , can’t remember  what it’s  size in but it does run slowly.
I can’t decide wether or not to fill in a filter system next to the tap and see if it goes through a  bit quicker than the longer pipe , if it does, then I need to get a new garden cabinet to fit the two garden barrels I use to store water for the van tank.
Cheers Rich