van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Just checked mine which are around 18-24 months old with average annual mileage around 7,000. It looks like I'll be needing at least 3. My main question is do you think that because of the weight etc the tyres wear out quicker?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

Just checked mine which are around 18-24 months old with average annual mileage around 7,000. It looks like I'll be needing at least 3. My main question is do you think that because of the weight etc the tyres wear out quicker?

My rear tyres last a lot longer.only changed them once in 7 years and got loads of tread left on them yet.

Front tyres will need changing before next years MOT.only changed them once too but I've only done 24k miles in 7 years
price higher/work harder!

zesty

No idea. Never keep a tab on it, but I do know I’ve got one rear tyre that’s the original from when I bought the van in 2016  ;D

michael mckeary

When I got the system fitted I used to fill up the 650l tank to top. A few years ago one of my leaf springs snapped, now I only fill to 450l. Weight will always have a detrimental effect on any van.

AuRavelling79

They seem to last forever.  ;D

I now buy Hankook tyres - which were originally fitted - but it was my experience on Mrs. Gold's car getting through Michelins, Pirellis, Nexens that made me switch to Hankooks. They seem to last appreciably longer but I don't have any mileages to give you.

Also I reckon my van is pretty unique on the forum as it is rear wheel drive.
It's a game of three halves!

michael mckeary

I bought 5 new wheels for £75 each and got new budget tyres on them. That was 2 years ago and still going strong. I heard you can now buy puncture insurance but when folk begin to drive over a nail when the tyre needs renewed the insurance companies will stop selling it because they provide a new tyre.

Bungle

I bought 5 new wheels for £75 each and got new budget tyres on them. That was 2 years ago and still going strong. I heard you can now buy puncture insurance but when folk begin to drive over a nail when the tyre needs renewed the insurance companies will stop selling it because they provide a new tyre.

I had tyre, wheel and smart repair insurance on my old car. When I changed car the same company wouldn't offer the tyre repair/replacement. I've now got wheel and Smart repair Cover. Well worth it with the way Mrs drives. Costs £13 a month. Just had a smart repair done and the results weren't that great. He's coming back out next week to do a proper spray job.

We look at them, they look through them.

tonyoliver

My Michelins were 200 each  the last ones were 125 each and the previous tyres were 101 each
The fronts go first but had a puncture on the rear with a screw destroyed it on the m25
I found the cheap ones don’t last as well but if your on a budget buy the part worn ones from any cheap tyre shop lay 50 a go
The builders leave thousands of screws laying around and the potholes wrecked  yet another tyre  and rim

oddest tyre story my mates mum brought a brand new mini  clubman in the seventies  second night the thrives stole all four tyres and put four bald ones on  she got stopped on the way to Windsor safari park and busted  the car was two days old !!
The sympathic police man made us all wait by the side of the road in the  pouring rain whilst a tow truck came to pick the car up we all walked to Windsor station soaked and hungry his mum got points and a  large fine and to this day I have never seen a lion

michael mckeary

I have came to realise that I'm better buying budget tyres now. I don't drive fast and a puncture on the sidewall means a new tyre no matter what make it is unless you have puncture insurance.

dd

Mine last at least 5 to 6 years (back last a good 6 years), I do just over 7K miles a year, use Michelins and drive old shape dispatch.

Definitely helps keeping tyres properly inflated, only check pressures every 4 months.

Bungle

Mine last at least 5 to 6 years (back last a good 6 years), I do just over 7K miles a year, use Michelins and drive old shape dispatch.

Definitely helps keeping tyres properly inflated, only check pressures every 4 months.

I used to use Continentals, they came with the van when new. Seemed to wear quickly. My neighbour suggested Avons and they wear a lot better, loads of tread on them. Difficult to find now as I think they went bust.

dazmond

My Michelins were 200 each  the last ones were 125 each and the previous tyres were 101 each
The fronts go first but had a puncture on the rear with a screw destroyed it on the m25
I found the cheap ones don’t last as well but if your on a budget buy the part worn ones from any cheap tyre shop lay 50 a go
The builders leave thousands of screws laying around and the potholes wrecked  yet another tyre  and rim

oddest tyre story my mates mum brought a brand new mini  clubman in the seventies  second night the thrives stole all four tyres and put four bald ones on  she got stopped on the way to Windsor safari park and busted  the car was two days old !!
The sympathic police man made us all wait by the side of the road in the  pouring rain whilst a tow truck came to pick the car up we all walked to Windsor station soaked and hungry his mum got points and a  large fine and to this day I have never seen a lion

I would never advise anyone to buy part worn tyres.....esp with the weight of water we carry.

You can buy half decent, brand new tyres for £70 fitted round here!
price higher/work harder!

DJW

Are yours pumped?

matty72

poop I reckon mine are between 18 to 24 months a bit longer at the back, I think I'm breaking to much ???

matty72

Just a quick rethink, I never had a car until this year so hopefully now longer as I would be driving van all the time

SB Cleaning

Ones on the back have been on there  3 years at least and they were on the front,  fronts still have plenty of tread 2 years old, I do about 7-8 k a year, I drive slow though so maybe that helps. ;D

Bungle

Ones on the back have been on there  3 years at least and they were on the front,  fronts still have plenty of tread 2 years old, I do about 7-8 k a year, I drive slow though so maybe that helps. ;D

Says Lewis Hamilton 😂

Smudger

expensive tyres may not last as long as cheap ones but they have far better tread pattern for dealing with the wet and more importantly standing water - budget tyres are also a harder compound so less grip all round

Front tyres tend to wear faster - a combination of weight (engine) unless you have an old VW camper conversion and the constant turning of the wheels - these front tyres get scrubbed more often creating wear on the inner and out edges
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Spruce

expensive tyres may not last as long as cheap ones but they have far better tread pattern for dealing with the wet and more importantly standing water - budget tyres are also a harder compound so less grip all round

Front tyres tend to wear faster - a combination of weight (engine) unless you have an old VW camper conversion and the constant turning of the wheels - these front tyres get scrubbed more often creating wear on the inner and out edges

When you have staff, you have to be more careful.

A friend of ours has a Mercedes delivery van. In winter he changes from summer tyres to winter tyres mainly to cover himself  incase a health and safety issue arises.

Initially I felt that was a bit extreme, but thinking about it, it's makes sense.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

they are the only thing connecting you to the road - people seem happy to spend 4k + on heated water but not an extra £30 a corner on tyres - nothing as strange as folk
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience