This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Always shining

Re: This is the best cancellation ever!
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2024, 05:13:33 pm »
Free this free that and still doing £300 a day ummmmmm!
And free lunches for the funeral director and he was passing on the what now!
I also agree that the high horse tone does him no favours.
But as long as he’s happy that’s all that matters I suppose! And a need to be liked I suspect. Keep giving out the free stuff and he will definitely get people to like him!

Bungle

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2024, 05:28:09 pm »
Whatever you give out then it must come back to you. I got a call yesterday from the local church to take a look at a drain. Went by at 10.30am and met folk coming out of morning mass. Someone asked me to clean their windows so I went down and cleaned them and ended up cleaning another 3 homes. Their windy has gave up so that's the reason I picked them up. I clean the church windows for free and pick up customers because my van is their every week. Someone told me its called networking, I call it being Courtesy to any person I meet. It works for me.

Fook that! Are you mad?  The church always pleads poverty.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2024, 05:37:28 pm »
Whatever you give out then it must come back to you. I got a call yesterday from the local church to take a look at a drain. Went by at 10.30am and met folk coming out of morning mass. Someone asked me to clean their windows so I went down and cleaned them and ended up cleaning another 3 homes. Their windy has gave up so that's the reason I picked them up. I clean the church windows for free and pick up customers because my van is their every week. Someone told me its called networking, I call it being Courtesy to any person I meet. It works for me.

I charge £80-00 for the church I clean.its an easy 50 min job.i only clean it twice a year though.

I never do any jobs for free unless it's a friend,neighbour or family
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2024, 05:56:17 pm »
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

KS Cleaning

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2024, 08:52:30 pm »
Do you clean the church windows for free every week? On a Sunday?

Clean them every 3 months and the church house when I can be bothered. Oddjob Mick I think they call me.
It saves the church a ton of money if I can fix it and I pick up the odd window cleaning customer because my van goes everywhere I go.
Clean the concierge office windows for free in the sheltered housing complex and she gets me new customers when they move in.
We owned a hotel and began to notice how my mother ran it. Give out free lunch or dinner to the funeral director and the next thing I noticed he was passing on our details for the purvey.
In the end its all to do with human behaviour, its hard to dislike someone when they give you something for free.
That's why I always have my customers front door spotless because its the first thing they notice. Trad guys don't do doors, well up here they don't.
You stated in an earlier post that you gain work from church goers because your van is parked at the church every week……Now you’re saying your van is there every three months ???

NBwcs

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2024, 09:50:41 pm »

And the Catholic church in particular is loaded!

dazmond

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2024, 08:34:00 am »

Clean them every 3 months and the church house when I can be bothered. Oddjob Mick I think they call me.
It saves the church a ton of money if I can fix it and I pick up the odd window cleaning customer because my van goes everywhere I go.
Clean the concierge office windows for free in the sheltered housing complex and she gets me new customers when they move in.
We owned a hotel and began to notice how my mother ran it. Give out free lunch or dinner to the funeral director and the next thing I noticed he was passing on our details for the purvey.
In the end its all to do with human behaviour, its hard to dislike someone when they give you something for free.
That's why I always have my customers front door spotless because its the first thing they notice. Trad guys don't do doors, well up here they don't.
You stated in an earlier post that you gain work from church goers because your van is parked at the church every week……Now you’re saying your van is there every three months ???

He s obviously a church goer himself on a Sunday and he drives there in his van.
price higher/work harder!

Tam1872

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2024, 01:04:01 pm »

And the Catholic church in particular is loaded!

The Catholic church in particular should be shut down for thr goings on that they have kept secret for year.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2024, 04:15:17 pm »

He s obviously a church goer himself on a Sunday and he drives there in his van.
Not according to his post he’s not. He said he arrived at the church to look at a job as the congregation were coming out of morning mass.

Soupy

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2024, 07:25:03 pm »

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

michael mckeary

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2024, 08:17:06 pm »
You stated in an earlier post that you gain work from church goers because your van is parked at the church every week……Now you’re saying your van is there every three months

I attend mass every week so the van is parked at the Front of the carpark every week before I go in. I also became a member of the parish council and met a load of old folk there. And guess what happened when they heard I was a window cleaner? I picked up many more customers. Maybe it was divine intervention but I wasn't complaining. I picked up another new customer today next door to the one I clean. Our van is our best asset for advertising especially at supermarkets. That's the reason I want a new van so I can change a few bits. Folk are always trying to trip me up but I only tell the truth but most folk don't like to hear the truth. fwiw Remember Bill Gates gave away his operating system for free to all the computer makers, I wonder why. 🤔

Bungle

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2024, 09:55:06 pm »
You stated in an earlier post that you gain work from church goers because your van is parked at the church every week……Now you’re saying your van is there every three months

I attend mass every week so the van is parked at the Front of the carpark every week before I go in. I also became a member of the parish council and met a load of old folk there. And guess what happened when they heard I was a window cleaner? I picked up many more customers. Maybe it was divine intervention but I wasn't complaining. I picked up another new customer today next door to the one I clean. Our van is our best asset for advertising especially at supermarkets. That's the reason I want a new van so I can change a few bits. Folk are always trying to trip me up but I only tell the truth but most folk don't like to hear the truth. fwiw Remember Bill Gates gave away his operating system for free to all the computer makers, I wonder why. 🤔

You'll be telling us you're a Freemason next.
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2024, 11:43:18 pm »
wow there's a leap -the Bill gates of window cleaning Scotland  ;D
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2024, 05:49:08 am »
Actually I also attend church every Sunday and I mostly drive there using my car but on the odd occasion, when I've used my van probably about a 20 times now I all ways seem to get a fellow church goers calling me up to either clean their windows or GFS,

I think it's because they have more trust in you if you attend church.
BTW as I stated I don't use my van that often but if I wanted a lot more work (which I don't at the moment)
I would use the van every time as it's free advertising and works well. 

Always shining

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2024, 07:50:14 am »
Divine intervention 😃
You really crack me up!
I’ve had loads of work from people seeing my van over the years. The only ‘intervention’ was by the  people who put the signs on it!

Ggh

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2024, 08:05:31 am »
Doubt it - any by the time you've half arsed about doing that you could have done 4/5 cleans and earned 200 notes instead of 40

there will always be people (customers  ::)roll) asking you to do odd little jobs - usually because they get it done cheap.

One word of caution - check you have permission to "Deep Clean" headstones - and I don't mean your customer

What happened?  ;D
I was previously a memorial mason. You didn’t bleach some marble per chance?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

RPCCS

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2024, 11:26:51 am »
Just wait until the current cleaner gives up the job, if she ask you to start again,just say you’re too busy and can’t help her now..
Cheers Rich

michael mckeary

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2024, 03:05:50 pm »

No I'm in the Knights Templar organisation.

£300 a day is nothing now to big companies. They used to charge £600 a day and now its £800 a day. If you ever get a chance to do some insurance work then you will think you have made it. I had to repair a wall for a customer as the supermarket van reversed into it. Easiest £800 I have every made and took me lass than a day and material was all lying around the wall. Sand, cement and a mixer and like humpty dumpty I put it all together again as it was one of those old stone d**e's.

I had a very rich father so its probably in my DNA. Old Sir Isaac told us centuries ago, for ever action there is an opposite reaction or as I call it, the law of reciprocation, what ever you give out comes back in spadefuls. Well that's what I'm noticing, working for very rich people obviously helps because they need trust above all else. 😉

michael mckeary

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2024, 03:13:50 pm »
Not according to his post he’s not. He said he arrived at the church to look at a job as the congregation were coming out of morning mass.

They were coming out because it was Wednesday morning mass at 10am to 10.30am. Mass is on every morning bar a Saturday because the vigil is at 4.45pm. Anyway, went down to do that clean and picked up another 3 neighbours because the old windy has chucked it. Lost one this week but picked up a few more so it all evens itself out in the end.

DJW

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2024, 10:10:26 pm »

No I'm in the Knights Templar organisation.

£300 a day is nothing now to big companies. They used to charge £600 a day and now its £800 a day. If you ever get a chance to do some insurance work then you will think you have made it. I had to repair a wall for a customer as the supermarket van reversed into it. Easiest £800 I have every made and took me lass than a day and material was all lying around the wall. Sand, cement and a mixer and like humpty dumpty I put it all together again as it was one of those old stone d**e's.

I had a very rich father so its probably in my DNA. Old Sir Isaac told us centuries ago, for ever action there is an opposite reaction or as I call it, the law of reciprocation, what ever you give out comes back in spadefuls. Well that's what I'm noticing, working for very rich people obviously helps because they need trust above all else. 😉

Oh dear.