This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

This is the best cancellation ever!
« on: July 18, 2024, 06:22:14 pm »
Text goes out from me. Hi Agnes, window cleaner calling tomorrow morning.

She replies. Thank you very much, will give it a miss this time. I have won a window cleaning prize at the local fete last week so will take advantage of that. Many thanks otherwise.

FFS
We look at them, they look through them.

the king

Re: This is the best cancellation ever!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2024, 07:41:12 pm »
That would be a strike off on my round  ;D

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024, 08:04:05 pm »

Difficult one as I clean her daughter's who lives next door. But it has p1ssed me off TBF. A quick Google and I've found out the window cleaners are also handymen, painters and decorators... you name it they do it. And to cap it all off they're based over 20 miles away.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2024, 08:24:28 pm »

Difficult one as I clean her daughter's who lives next door. But it has p1ssed me off TBF. A quick Google and I've found out the window cleaners are also handymen, painters and decorators... you name it they do it. And to cap it all off they're based over 20 miles away.

You gotta laugh at that!🤣🤣🤣

price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2024, 08:44:59 pm »
Can’t blame her, let her have the clean and then carry on!

tlwcs

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2024, 08:52:57 pm »
When you go back, stick a quid on the price

simon w

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2024, 10:09:27 pm »
Offer your services at the fete next year and if you're lucky, they might put you in a raffle bungle

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2024, 10:58:13 pm »
Offer your services at the fete next year and if you're lucky, they might put you in a raffle bungle

Yeah, I'll have a special 50% off window clean prize then add 150% with a one year contract to be paid up front 😂

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2024, 12:09:28 am »
Thats a beaut!

they will either not turn up - or do a cr@ppy job so be prepared to surcharge for the extra mess  ;D
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2024, 06:18:09 am »
Thats a beaut!

they will either not turn up - or do a cr@ppy job so be prepared to surcharge for the extra mess  ;D

Some people need to learn the hard way.

There isn't much that they could mess up  imo. The windows are already cleaned wfp, so they could easily get away with a shoddy job provided their water is pure.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2024, 06:25:23 am »
Can’t blame her, let her have the clean and then carry on!

I agree. But I would also expect to lose both hers and her daughter's future clean to these fete cleaners.

I doubt they will last, but the customer sounds like she could be tempted away by price.

If this does happen and she eventually asks Bungle back, then he must make the decision if he takes her back on or not.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2024, 09:26:47 am »
As someone who has given "free window clean" vouchers away to raffles, fete's & charity's before, I don't think you can blame the old lass for utilising her prize, A free clean is a clean off her outgoings,
What you can be disappointed in is her failure to pre warn you that she may want to miss, this was ignorant of her.
 It sounds like the firm who gave it away were using it as a way to upsell other services they offer as she already has a good window cleaner you would seem unlikely to lose the jobs of her or her daughter.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2024, 12:47:25 pm »
It's not a good sign that she Is willing to see you out of work to save a few poxy quid. Shows lack of respect for you and that she is a tight get.

On the other had if it's just one clean and then it's back to normal who cares. However I doubt these cleaners are looking to clean windows for free just for the hell of it, its a tactic to get them in the door and hopefully take the ongoing work.

I alway struggle with these things, on one had it doesn't matter at all on the other it grates at me. Hmm dump or not dump I would be toying with.

zesty

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2024, 02:00:41 pm »
It's not a good sign that she Is willing to see you out of work to save a few poxy quid. Shows lack of respect for you and that she is a tight get.

On the other had if it's just one clean and then it's back to normal who cares. However I doubt these cleaners are looking to clean windows for free just for the hell of it, its a tactic to get them in the door and hopefully take the ongoing work.

I alway struggle with these things, on one had it doesn't matter at all on the other it grates at me. Hmm dump or not dump I would be toying with.

You take it too personally, at the end of the day to most customers, we’re just a service, they don’t think about our well being or financial circumstances.

Obviously there are some customers who become good friends, but it’s not a given…

She just wants her free clean, and why not? If she then jumps ship to new guys then so be it, it’s not like she’s in a contract, she probably couldn’t care less. To some people we’re just simply a window cleaner and nothing more…

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2024, 02:51:51 pm »

You take it too personally, at the end of the day to most customers, we’re just a service, they don’t think about our well being or financial circumstances.

Obviously there are some customers who become good friends, but it’s not a given…

She just wants her free clean, and why not? If she then jumps ship to new guys then so be it, it’s not like she’s in a contract, she probably couldn’t care less. To some people we’re just simply a window cleaner and nothing more…

On a par with bin men.

zesty

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2024, 02:55:06 pm »

On a par with bin men.

😂

Soupy

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2024, 03:07:10 pm »

It's probably 6 months cleaning which could be £100 or more.

What's she supposed to do? Turn it down in case she hurts your feelings?
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2024, 03:35:14 pm »

On a par with bin men.

Bin men are way more important!
It's a game of three halves!

Bungle

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2024, 04:28:02 pm »

On a par with bin men.

Bin men are way more important!

I bet they don't get many skips 😜

KS Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2024, 05:36:32 pm »

On a par with bin men.
My previous job was a bin man😆