This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

michael mckeary

Softwashing
« on: July 16, 2024, 02:42:18 pm »
I had a nice easy Softwashing job on slabs, walls and coping this morning. Because it was raining overnight everything was nice and wet. Meant all I needed to do was spray all the stuff and then go over the stuff which was pretty stubborn. After a tea break and another final examination I rinsed the place with a few 25 litres of tap water. All done with my new Nano Backpack. A bad rainy day turned out perfect for the Softwashing job which left a better result than PW it.

Smudger

Re: Softwashing
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 03:01:29 pm »
mikky boy, I know you get a bit of a hard on with this window cleaning malarky  but I think its a bit excessive to post every job you do....

cheers for your understanding
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

michael mckeary

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 05:57:05 pm »
mikky boy, I know you get a bit of a hard on with this window cleaning malarky  but I think its a bit excessive to post every job you do....

Just trying to help someone who is thinking about getting into Softwashing and wondering what weather would help them with the job. Not trying to blow my own trumpet. 😉

Tam1872

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 06:35:49 pm »

Your just jealous because he has better equipment than you and everyone else on here combined.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 11:38:52 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 10:43:59 am »

We're not all as jaded as you!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2024, 11:59:45 am »
Why do you find rain/overcast good for softwashing ?

I find it's crap, can slap it on neat and it does naff all. Yet when it's a glorious sunny day slap some 5 to 1 hypo on 30 mins in the sun and jobs done.

michael mckeary

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2024, 01:36:01 pm »

Your just jealous because he has better equipment than you and everyone else on here combined.

Single guy and no dependants means I have got to have passion in something and that something is tools and equipment. Only problem now is that I don't have any space left so can't buy no more. The public seem to have lost trust so are putting their money into their homes and out buildings. This means more work for us. I'm being asked to clean windows on their outside, office, nail bar, barber and even gym so they don't need to rent a place. All we have to do is take advantage of it.

michael mckeary

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2024, 01:51:11 pm »

I find it's crap, can slap it on neat and it does naff all. Yet when it's a glorious sunny day slap some 5 to 1 hypo on 30 mins in the sun and jobs done.

I spent £500 and went on a Softwash course with Mick Conway (RIP). Folk thought I was mad spending money on the certificate for my website but I knew better. Money always comes to knowledge whether your a lawyer, banker, accountant or medical person. The more knowledge a person has the more money they will make because its always been the case. First big Softwashing job paid for the course and I only got it because they read my website. Try and wash a dirty dish in fairy liquid and you will find it hard to do. Leave the dish in water for 15 minutes and the dirt will be softer, leave in boiling water and it will be really soft. When softwashing you wet the area first, spray on the mixer ( I add a bit more surfactant to help it stick) then gentle scrub with deck scrubber and spray again. Do the whole lot and wait 30 mins and inspect it. Stubborn bits may need neat hypo applied or another spray. The gentle scrubbing makes all the difference but many miss this bit out. Not had a complaint yet.

Splash and dash

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2024, 02:51:24 pm »

A dull over cast day is much better as the mix doesn’t dry out a hot sunny day you have ti keep wetting it up

DJW

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2024, 05:09:46 pm »
I had a nice easy Softwashing job on slabs, walls and coping this morning. Because it was raining overnight everything was nice and wet. Meant all I needed to do was spray all the stuff and then go over the stuff which was pretty stubborn. After a tea break and another final examination I rinsed the place with a few 25 litres of tap water. All done with my new Nano Backpack. A bad rainy day turned out perfect for the Softwashing job which left a better result than PW it.

I’ve just seen some of your videos. Not being funny Michael, but are you seriously ill or overweight?

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2024, 05:24:39 pm »

A dull over cast day is much better as the mix doesn’t dry out a hot sunny day you have ti keep wetting it up

Thats not been my experience at all, when ive done it on a dull day it doesnt do anything unless i put in on really strong almost neat

When the sun is out, i put it on and it almost works before my eyes, i never wet it i just let it dry in the sun then rinse off after. Why do you need to wet it? that seems to just dilute the hypo and slow it effectiveness.

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2024, 05:35:34 pm »
Agree - wet days are not the  for soft washing it defo dilutes the application - I (against my better judgement) did a garage roof to remove lichen and it rained during application - the result was patchy so had to re-apply (on a nice dry day) to get a decent result

zesty

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2024, 06:33:59 pm »

I’ve just seen some of your videos. Not being funny Michael, but are you seriously ill or overweight?

What video?

DJW

Splash and dash

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2024, 07:07:02 pm »

Thats not been my experience at all, when ive done it on a dull day it doesnt do anything unless i put in on really strong almost neat

When the sun is out, i put it on and it almost works before my eyes, i never wet it i just let it dry in the sun then rinse off after. Why do you need to wet it? that seems to just dilute the hypo and slow it effectiveness.

You don’t want to be doing it in pouring rain ,but a dull day it works much better , the reason for wetting down a porous surface  is to stop the hypo mix being absorbed into the sub straight  you want the hypo on the surface ware the algae is , it doesn’t dilute the mix if done this way , also  you shouldn’t need neat hypo for anything on a building wall unless it’s black spot or liken like you get on patios

michael mckeary

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2024, 02:33:58 pm »

I have only done a few PW videos. I'm 6 feet and 13 stone most of my life so never been overweight. Maybe you are looking at my wee brother. I have only been ill once with appendicitis and had to get it out. Only illness on my father side is a love of money so that's why he was loaded with money and afraid to spend it. I on the other hand have the same ability to earn money (made £200 before noon on windys and picked up 3 new monthly cleans) but I can't save it. I have been conditioned to spend it on assets. 

michael mckeary

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2024, 02:38:03 pm »
https://youtube.com/@michaelmckeary1165?si=sOF__8NzHlS9FPYQ

That was 6 years ago I think, doing a timber decking. On my mum's side they all are heavy breathers but they all lived till their nineties.  😂

the king

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2024, 07:49:34 pm »
I’ve found for paving getting black spots off it’s best on Sunday day works much quicker but for render I don’t like it too hot to maximise dwell time

simon w

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2024, 10:07:35 pm »
I’ve found for paving getting black spots off it’s best on Sunday day works much quicker but for render I don’t like it too hot to maximise dwell time

I've always found black spot comes off better on a Monday