This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Price increase
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2024, 04:25:01 pm »
I took on a mid terrace for a tenner a month. Nightmare as its 70 feet from the road but he couldn't get a windy cleaner. I did the first clean last week and not really worth my while. Got a text today saying he has found someone cheaper so he's cancelled. Best news I've had all week and I think I will start a review and drop nightmare cleans. Someone has put flyers through the doors where I clean and he has obviously jumped. Maybe the tide has turned and folk are looking after their pennies now. As I do other things like yesterday and today building a flat pack shed I don't need more customers. This customer received two free sheds and I'm building one and they sold me the other one for £200. Sometimes a low paying job becomes a good paying job in the end as I have a buyer who will want me to build it for them.

When you get a bit more experience as a window cleaner you ll learn not to take on mid terraced jobs or any pita jobs.it becomes second nature....
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2024, 04:38:28 pm »
Terraced houses can be great or horrifc.

They can take less than 5 minutes to clean the issue is the wrong ones can take you longer to get the hose round than clean them....I have quite a lot on my round but have weeded many out over the years and will only take on certain ones. 

michael mckeary

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2024, 06:38:47 pm »
Wise words but when I was starting 5 years ago I would take any clean. Once established I can see what makes sense and what doesn't. Today I got a call for a full clean (gutters, SFG and windows) and then a monthly clean. Turns out its a very good job and I'm glad I went and saw it. Problem is we don't know how a clean will go till we actually do it. I'm beginning to weed out the wheat from the chaff which has took along time but I have never been busier in my life. Hope the cream keeps rising till Christmas. 😂

deeege

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2024, 06:21:31 am »
I'm beginning to weed out the wheat from the chaff which has took along time……

No you’re not. You’ve just took on a mid terrace that is 70 yards from the road for a tenner  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

michael mckeary

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2024, 07:05:39 am »
I'm beginning to weed out the wheat from the chaff which has took along time……

No you’re not. You’ve just took on a mid terrace that is 70 yards from the road for a tenner  ;D

Only reason I took it on is because its a quarter of a mile from my house and I do some houses next to it. Also got another one across from the mid terrace. Maybe I was greedy expecting the whole street because the windy has retired. It may have turned out a nice earner and well worth my while but never turned out that way.

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2024, 11:24:30 am »
An easy way to make them more bearable until you get rid is to get a backpack. Lifting a half full backpack around the backs can be a lot easier than trying to navigate a hose round. But eventually the back pack will go too.

DJW

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2024, 11:24:57 am »
So you’ve dumped them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2024, 11:46:20 am »
Terraced houses can be great or horrifc.

They can take less than 5 minutes to clean the issue is the wrong ones can take you longer to get the hose round than clean them....I have quite a lot on my round but have weeded many out over the years and will only take on certain ones.

Yes. I agree. I have a row of 5 1970's terraces (no bays) which I park at one end at the back and run my hose along the fronts and then the backs. They are £20 a pop (including any extensions and rooflights.) If I am brisk and don't yack (one of the custies is a very trim and pleasant middle aged lady who makes me a drink when she is home so that might add five minutes ;D) I can do them all in an hour including putting pre-written slips though and reeling in and out.

So £100 an hour when I want to and about an hour and ten if working leisurely.

In contrast I have two house in a similar terrace on the same estate - so £40 - but that takes 40 minutes due to how they are spaced out. But even at £60 per hour that's fine.

Where it gets a little tricky is when you only have one per van move. Then it's possibly 25-30 minutes for £20 (or maybe £22.00) because it is on its own.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2024, 08:50:35 am »
I've got 6 this morning, not all together it's 3 stops with 2 on each stop.  But they are the next street after each other so 30 seconds van move.. sadly not 20 quid a pop round here but still £78 in about 45 mins including dragging 100m of hose out on 2 of the stops.