This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Billy clarke

Anyone buried a water pipe
« on: July 10, 2024, 06:16:52 pm »
Ey up . I s as m moving house , in the next couple of weeks . Just a bit of a snag . I need to get my water supply from the outside tap across my path . Now I don’t want any hoses running across the path , trip hazards obviously. Just wondered if anyone had buried a pipe and connected another tap up. Any tips on what pipes to use and how deep to bury it . Or any other bits I might need . Cheers billy ,

michael mckeary

Re: Anyone buried a water pipe
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 08:07:25 pm »
I think its meant to be 600mm deep so it doesn't freeze or get hit by a spade. Usually cover it with pea gravel and then lay barrier tape over it so if anyone digs down they will see the plastic barrier tape and then 150mm of pea gravel. Ground water pipe is Blue MDPE plastic pipe, good luck.

Billy clarke

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 09:04:31 pm »
Can you use one length of pipe to  come up the wall to connect to the new tap . No joints . So what size pipe . 22mm. ? Should be straight forward . Just a bit of digging then .

dd

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 10:17:34 pm »
To state the obvious: you also have your waste pipe to connect.

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 10:42:55 pm »
Ey up . I s as m moving house , in the next couple of weeks . Just a bit of a snag . I need to get my water supply from the outside tap across my path . Now I don’t want any hoses running across the path , trip hazards obviously. Just wondered if anyone had buried a pipe and connected another tap up. Any tips on what pipes to use and how deep to bury it . Or any other bits I might need . Cheers billy ,

Good post. I'll be having the same issue soon but from the kitchen to a garage that isn't attached. I'll  get a plumber in and he can sort it.
We look at them, they look through them.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 10:54:13 pm »
We did for a franchisee.

Blue MDPE pipe is nigh on uncrushable and comes in several different sizes. You'll need to Google MDPE fittings for either end but there are enough versions of them that there will definitely be one to do the joint you need. You can definitely get direct tap to MDPE fittings.

Billy clarke

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2024, 05:46:53 am »
To state the obvious: you also have your waste pipe to connect.
. Yes . Thought about that . Currently use a Merlin . But I might go back to double DI . The tds is 90 at the new place . So I reckon on 6or 7 bags of resin a year , £700 ,. Against the price of waste water . On a meter . And the filters for the Merlin . Definitely will start double DI for ease of use , cos I will have loads going on total refurb job on the new place . and keep an eye on the tds. If it goes up I will cross that bridge then . A fast temporary fix if the tds goes up , would be to run the waste pipe up the side of the garage , then back to the bungalow gutter . Only 3 metres .

martinw

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2024, 09:24:01 pm »
Buried blue pipe nearly ten years ago. No issues. One thing to consider is size subject to your water flow and pressure from mains if you are using 4040.  20 mm is id15 and 25mm is 19mm id.