This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: What do you do with yourself on rained off days ?
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2024, 03:07:08 pm »
Another rainy day....

So are you sacking the day off Adam to go shopping with the missus?🙄🤣

You must really hate your job!

I'm starting at 9am and I'll be finished by 2pm then a nice 3 days off.😎

It not raining here today nor tomorrow when I'll be fishing.

Actually had a decent day today and finished by half 1. You would be proud  8)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2024, 03:11:44 pm »
Why write the day off? Ive spent the morning catching up on paperwork, quotes, invoices, pay for insurances etc.

Dry now so off out to clean and decent sized office.

I've done a couple hours bookkeeping this morning.

It's only drizzling here now but was heavy till about 11.

I can't start at this time. If I'm not out by 9 I'm not off out.

Besides I'm off to shops with r lass now so that's my entertainment sorted  :D

What bookkeeping do you have to do?

I've never done 2 hours of bookkeeping in 31 years of window cleaning.even less since using cleaner planner....

I have a Ltd company and Its tax return time. I don't do any bookkeeping through the year but usually spend about 8 hours total sorting everything out end of year to send to my accountant.  I like to get all my income and outgoings reconciled up and get all my receipts together. I pretty much work out my own tax  before I send it to them.
8hrs to sort tax return?

It takes me no time , all my receipts are chucked in a folder along with bank statements,  and I just give to accountant to sort out  ???

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2024, 04:34:33 pm »
Think I’d rather work in the rain for free than sit on a canal bank trying to catch a few slimy fish just to put them back again…

I don't understand fishing either!it seems absolutely pointless unless you take the fish home and cook it!😂👍
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2024, 04:36:47 pm »
Pot Noodle and a wank  ;D

How old are you?15?🤣🤣🤣

michael mckeary

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2024, 04:39:15 pm »
Another great job to do when its raining is clearing out Gutters. I had a big Victorian Villa to do this morning and because it had been raining it was the easiest I have done with the Vac. So will be keeping this in mind when i do the church, hall and house soon.

Stoots

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2024, 04:39:39 pm »
Why write the day off? Ive spent the morning catching up on paperwork, quotes, invoices, pay for insurances etc.

I've never done 2 hours of bookkeeping in 31 years of window cleaning.even less since using cleaner planner....

I have a Ltd company and Its tax return time. I don't do any bookkeeping through the year but usually spend about 8 hours total sorting everything out end of year to send to my accountant.  I like to get all my income and outgoings reconciled up and get all my receipts together. I pretty much work out my own tax  before I send it to them.
8hrs to sort tax return?

It takes me no time , all my receipts are chucked in a folder along with bank statements,  and I just give to accountant to sort out  ???

My accountant isnt local so i would have to get my paper receipts to him somehow...i would either have to scan them or take a photo or by post maybe which i wouldnt risk so probably drive there but its 2 hours away....

Plus i still need to download all online invoices such as website, cleaner planner, various insurances, ebay, amazon, screwfix, gardiners, etc the list goes on to send him.

Where i differ from you and perhaps a lot of people is i dont simply chuck receipts at my accountant and let him sort them out.

My process is simple as follows:

1. Download company bank statement and put into an excel spreadsheet
2. Make a note in a column of what all outgoings are for and find/download the relevant invoice for each expense
3. Put all invoices and paper receipts safe in a folder
4. Send excel spreadheet to accountant which he uses to calculate my tax return he doesnt need the invoices or receipts

I then use the spreadsheet to work out roughly what taxes i owe myself to see if it matches with what my accountant tells me to pay. If its vastly different either he has done something wrong or i have misuderstood something and so learn.

Ive pulled up accountants a couple of times on discrepancies with accounts, my previous accountant didnt put the interest on my van finance through and my current one calculated my P11d wrong and they are chartered....if i didnt take an interest and know a bit about taxes i would just blindly have handed over more than i have to.

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2024, 05:03:05 pm »

8hrs to sort tax return?

My accountant isnt local so i would have to get my paper receipts to him somehow...i would either have to scan them or take a photo or by post maybe which i wouldnt risk so probably drive there but its 2 hours away....

Plus i still need to download all online invoices such as website, cleaner planner, various insurances, ebay, amazon, screwfix, gardiners, etc the list goes on to send him.

Where i differ from you and perhaps a lot of people is i dont simply chuck receipts at my accountant and let him sort them out.

2. Make a note in a column of what all outgoings are for and find/download the relevant invoice for each expense
4. Send excel spreadheet to accountant which he uses to calculate my tax return he doesnt need the invoices or receipts

I then use the spreadsheet to work out roughly what taxes i owe myself to see if it matches with what my accountant tells me to pay. If its vastly different either he has done something wrong or i have misuderstood something and so learn.

Ive pulled up accountants a couple of times on discrepancies with accounts, my previous accountant didnt put the interest on my van finance through and my current one calculated my P11d wrong and they are chartered....if i didnt take an interest and know a bit about taxes i would just blindly have handed over more than i have to.

You make it sound so complicated!

I don't do any of that.i simply print off my end of year accounts(turnover,expenses)and input it into my online tax return(cash basis)

Each end of year accounts are then filed in each tax year with all receipts for that year.thats it!

I collect all receipts throughout the year and keep them in a folder as I go along so I never have to sort them out!

Job done ✔️

Bungle

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2024, 05:27:30 pm »

Free mayonnaise  :P
We look at them, they look through them.

Soupy

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2024, 05:56:27 pm »

How old are you?15?🤣🤣🤣

Never too old for a ......

Pot noodle.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Smudger

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2024, 05:57:50 pm »
I think some just love to over complicate their tax affairs
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2024, 06:27:26 pm »

8hrs to sort tax return?

HMRC tell me how much tax and national insurance I owe based on my turnover minus expenses

Why the hell are you trying to work it out too? ???

tlwcs

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2024, 07:02:20 pm »
Weather is horrific today, its a write off

These are the days that annoy me, mid week ones where i want to work but the weather is just daft.

Nothing to do apart from doss around the house or go mooch round the shops, done a couple hours on my accounts this morning but fed up of that now

What to do, i just want to go to work, get done and have friday off instead im looking out the window  :'(

IMO you can't beat an afternoon gym session(around 3pm)after getting 2 good meals in.im usually at my strongest in the afternoon on days I don't work.💪

I’m normally asleep after lunch..

deeege

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2024, 08:02:07 pm »

8hrs to sort tax return?

Are you a LTD company?  How much is your accountant charging you?

Agree with Daz on this one, you’re well over complicating a very simple job…
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

the king

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2024, 08:43:41 pm »
when its to wet to clean windows ill either chill out watch tv or get rods out and hit the beach life to short to be worrying about working  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2024, 10:50:47 pm »
I won't be getting rained off these days ;)

zesty

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2024, 06:40:04 am »
DIY usually. But it’s not that often im rained off really.

Soupy

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2024, 07:46:25 am »

I would immediately get a new accountant.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2024, 08:28:30 am »

I would immediately get a new accountant.

I bet a chartered accountant costs at least £700 a year too...

If your a sole trader working on your own (and under the VAT limit)and using round software like CP,squeegee,aworka,etc self assessment is a relatively simple process to do online.no need for an accountant at all.

the king

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2024, 07:54:16 pm »
My accountant bill is like under £300 but I no what I’m paying before it goes in

michael mckeary

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2024, 01:33:26 pm »
I do work for two young accountants. I just ask them if I can use my business bank account and would the taxman be happy with that. I usually pay more than I need to pay just incase I get a pull. Might sound strange but balances itself out as I use my van for some leisure time.