This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: What do you do with yourself on rained off days ?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2024, 08:26:58 am »
Makes me laugh when window cleaners say 'catching up with paperwork '🤣🤣🤣

Unless it's tax return time what the hell do you need to catch up on?

Totally agree here Daz, I don’t understand it either! I reckon I do around 2 minutes of book keeping a month! What is there to do?

I spend more time doing invoices, even then each invoice only takes 1 min or so.

Cleaner planner has been a massive time saver(along with electronic payments)over the last 10 years or so...

It takes me literally 30 mins a day admin(printing slips,emailing invoices,chasing debts,etc)the phone app is easy for updating expenses, updating payments,etc

I think I'll have more to do when MTD is implemented though as my accounts need to be entered into government approved software every 3 months...🙄
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2024, 08:32:50 am »
Why write the day off? Ive spent the morning catching up on paperwork, quotes, invoices, pay for insurances etc.

Dry now so off out to clean and decent sized office.

I've done a couple hours bookkeeping this morning.

It's only drizzling here now but was heavy till about 11.

I can't start at this time. If I'm not out by 9 I'm not off out.

Besides I'm off to shops with r lass now so that's my entertainment sorted  :D

What bookkeeping do you have to do?

I've never done 2 hours of bookkeeping in 31 years of window cleaning.even less since using cleaner planner....

I have a Ltd company and Its tax return time. I don't do any bookkeeping through the year but usually spend about 8 hours total sorting everything out end of year to send to my accountant.  I like to get all my income and outgoings reconciled up and get all my receipts together. I pretty much work out my own tax  before I send it to them. 

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2024, 08:39:16 am »
Why write the day off? Ive spent the morning catching up on paperwork, quotes, invoices, pay for insurances etc.

Why can't you start at 11 or 12noon?you can still get 4 or 5 hours work cleaned(which is a normal day for me these days)

I do this on the odd occasion for whatever reason(weather,doc or dentist appointment,etc).

It's your mindset that you need to change....

Enjoy working friday Adam! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2024, 08:47:51 am »

What bookkeeping do you have to do?

I've never done 2 hours of bookkeeping in 31 years of window cleaning.even less since using cleaner planner....

I have a Ltd company and Its tax return time. I don't do any bookkeeping through the year but usually spend about 8 hours total sorting everything out end of year to send to my accountant.  I like to get all my income and outgoings reconciled up and get all my receipts together. I pretty much work out my own tax  before I send it to them.

Ah right...

I'm a sole trader and do my own tax return.its very simple for me.all my receipts and end of year accounts are in separate folders for each tax year.

All I need to do is input total turnover and expenses for that tax year.

Filling out my tax return and submitting it only takes around an hour every year..

deeege

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2024, 08:57:32 am »
Makes me laugh when window cleaners say 'catching up with paperwork '🤣🤣🤣

Unless it's tax return time what the hell do you need to catch up on?

Totally agree here Daz, I don’t understand it either! I reckon I do around 2 minutes of book keeping a month! What is there to do?

I spend more time doing invoices, even then each invoice only takes 1 min or so.

It takes me literally 30 mins a day admin(printing slips,emailing invoices,chasing debts,etc)the phone app is easy for updating expenses, updating payments,etc

You’ve answered your own question here then Daz. You do 30 mins admin a day, I do 2 hours admin a week. 
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

michael mckeary

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2024, 09:43:11 am »

Cleaner planner has been a massive time saver(along with electronic payments)over the last 10 years or so...

How much does Cleaner Planner Cost you per month? If you don't mind me asking. thanks

Soupy

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2024, 10:21:48 am »

How much does Cleaner Planner Cost you per month? If you don't mind me asking. thanks

£300
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

michael mckeary

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2024, 10:50:56 am »

£300

Is that £3600 a year?
Handy when one has over 200 customers a month. I'm slowly getting to that figure and may need to think about changing my business. I am already starting to dump hard cleans and folk who mess me about with payment. I never thought it would happen to me but it all comes down to law of large numbers.

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2024, 11:01:20 am »

Why can't you start at 11 or 12noon?you can still get 4 or 5 hours work cleaned(which is a normal day for me these days)

I do this on the odd occasion for whatever reason(weather,doc or dentist appointment,etc).

It's your mindset that you need to change....

Enjoy working friday Adam! ;D

I'm a morning person . I like to be up out and done and home by 1.

I dunno I just can't be working till late in the afternoon by 11am I ain't got the motivation,  I just don't want to  ;D

I'm not working Friday sod that I'll just take the financial hit not that arsed about money to work Friday I've already planned to go fishing.

alank

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2024, 01:12:07 pm »
Same here, Fridays are for fishing during the trout season I get my work done Monday - Thursday ;D ;D

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2024, 02:11:05 pm »
 :-X
Same here, Fridays are for fishing during the trout season I get my work done Monday - Thursday ;D ;D

Is that fly fishing ?

I've done most forms of fishing but never been fly fishing...

I'm in a match angling phase at the moment with a local club

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2024, 04:37:51 pm »

£15 a month.worth every penny to me.👍

colin bird

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2024, 05:44:53 pm »
[/quote
Every other Thursday and Friday I’m off fishing till Saturday morning cat fish fishing

alank

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2024, 07:21:56 pm »
:-X

Is that fly fishing ?

I've done most forms of fishing but never been fly fishing...

I'm in a match angling phase at the moment with a local club

alank

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2024, 07:25:54 pm »
Aye fly fishing mate. I fish mostly on the river for browns and grayling, the odd time i will use the worm gear if ;D ;D the river is a bit out of sorts ;D
I used to do a lot of stillwater fly fishing but got a bit bored with catching stock rainbows ::)roll

alank

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2024, 07:29:40 pm »
Hi Colin ive never fished for cat fish but bet its a fight and a half.
Im in the north east and not sure if there are even many about up here, hope you catch something decent over the weekend :) :)

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2024, 08:07:46 am »
Another rainy day....

So are you sacking the day off Adam to go shopping with the missus?🙄🤣

You must really hate your job!

I'm starting at 9am and I'll be finished by 2pm then a nice 3 days off.😎

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2024, 08:14:47 am »
Weather is horrific today, its a write off

These are the days that annoy me, mid week ones where i want to work but the weather is just daft.

Nothing to do apart from doss around the house or go mooch round the shops, done a couple hours on my accounts this morning but fed up of that now.

What to do, i just want to go to work, get done and have friday off instead im looking out the window  :'(

IMO you can't beat an afternoon gym session(around 3pm)after getting 2 good meals in.im usually at my strongest in the afternoon on days I don't work.💪

Phil J

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2024, 12:55:58 pm »
Pot Noodle and a wank  ;D

deeege

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2024, 03:03:33 pm »
Think I’d rather work in the rain for free than sit on a canal bank trying to catch a few slimy fish just to put them back again…
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."