van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

Re: Would you be a window cleaner if you turned back time.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2024, 11:37:21 am »
You have to be realistic about your skill set back in 1976  With hindsight we would all love to do the job  we dreamed of doing as a schoolboy.
 Life opportunities for poor working-class white kids didn’t exist as they do now in part
 physics was my favourite subject.
The headteacher asked me in  what passed  for  careers lesson  taking all of 5 mins  in what  I would like to do after  leaving school  stupidly,I told him I’d like to go to university and study physics 

he went red and started shouting. I still  to this day see him telling me that your sort doesn’t go to university. Your sort goes to prison.

Shocked to my core  from 1st in class to bottom Guess what I tuned in dropped out and checked out  aimlessly wondering from job to sh— job until work wise until I found Window Cleaning which has been    Hard work and a tough slog but  has been the best thing Work wise  we all know why

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2024, 11:40:50 am »
Not one of us would have had any ambitions to be a window cleaner when we left the school, the jobs terrible, anyone who thinks rubbing a brush spitting out water over windows for hours everyday is enjoyable needs there head looked at.

I've got insurance cover for scratches and wheel refurb for my car. I got a scratch on the car so I claimed on the insurance. A lad came out to fix it today. We got chatting. He's only 27 got his own business and does some subcontractor work for insurance companies. He's looking to expand next year. He's got the drive to do it too. I asked him how much it would have cost to fix the scratch through him. £120 he said. He was here about 30 minutes in total. How much stress do we put on our bodies in comparison?

I started window cleaning because I had a few mates who did it too and they showed me the ropes.

I always wanted to be a merchant seaman or a HGV driver. I just like seeing different places.
£120 to fix a scratch😳 My wife’s car is booked in when we return from holiday, 21” diamond cut wheels refurbed, 4 of them for £360, this includes taking tyres off etc.

Bit like someone watching me clean their windows for £15 in 10 mins and assuming I'm doing 3 grand a week.

Things aren't always as they seem

windowswashed

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2024, 03:29:20 am »
Botox injections as a beauty consultant is a good earner. Know someone who charges over £200 an hour for their botox filler services and completed in less than 20 minutes. Her quote to me is 'I fee like I am robbing them blind'.

It's a 60-70 percent mark up profit business that will surely grow with time 

deeege

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2024, 06:02:30 am »
Botox injections as a beauty consultant is a good earner. Know someone who charges over £200 an hour for their botox filler services and completed in less than 20 minutes. Her quote to me is 'I fee like I am robbing them blind'.

It's a 60-70 percent mark up profit business that will surely grow with time

Everyone’s at it these days. The market will dictate the price and prices will come right down over the next year or so.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

DJW

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2024, 07:26:31 am »
I offer it as an add on to my window cleaning business. I use the dentist chair in the back of my van.
Great way to keep customers.

Bungle

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2024, 06:38:08 pm »
I offer it as an add on to my window cleaning business. I use the dentist chair in the back of my van.

Me too. I use used resin beads. You get a fuller, plumper lip. IMO of course.
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2024, 04:06:55 pm »

You've got a dentist's chair?

I pull a trailer so that I can take customers' rubbish and fly-tip for profit.

Then I power wash it out and after lunch do brain surgery using the flat bed. It's only 6ft long so I can only do average height people as their heads are up against the tailgate which is rusted shut.

But it helps me retain customers.
It's a game of three halves!