This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobbyboy

Solar panel detergent
« on: July 07, 2024, 07:36:07 am »
Good morning all.
I've got a very dirty and lichen covered clean coming up at an awkward angle so hard to scrub scrub scrub. What's the best detergent to spray on please? I've used tfr before which was fairly good but there must be some newer products out there?
Thank you
Bob

AuRavelling79

Re: Solar panel detergent
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 08:30:11 am »
Good morning all.
I've got a very dirty and lichen covered clean coming up at an awkward angle so hard to scrub scrub scrub. What's the best detergent to spray on please? I've used tfr before which was fairly good but there must be some newer products out there?
Thank you
Bob

Others will advise about detergent but I find Gardiner's little scrubbing pads useful for spots.
It's a game of three halves!

simon w

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 06:09:24 pm »
Hypo & a dedicated surfactant

michael mckeary

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 06:32:36 pm »
Hot water and no nonsense degreaser is all I use. Wet all the panels first and spray on degreaser and scrub away.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 07:06:11 pm »
Unless you’re desperate for the money, don’t bother!

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2024, 07:15:16 pm »
Unless you’re desperate for the money, don’t bother!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

dd

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2024, 08:08:01 am »
Thought you were not supposed to use tfr or hypo on solar panels. Xline sell chemicals for SP cleaning but no idea how good they are.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2024, 09:40:30 am »
Lichen takes a lot of scrubbing off whatever you use, if panels are up on a roof its pretty near impossible to get enough downward pressure on to remove it, Hypo will bleach it but it will return and surely must be contra indicated for use on them, if they are low-lying you may have a chance,
Have a look on how Lichen is so strongly attached to pavement flags and ask what equipment you could use to clean them-? You have an answer straight away.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

zesty

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2024, 06:04:03 pm »
Lichen takes a lot of scrubbing off whatever you use, if panels are up on a roof its pretty near impossible to get enough downward pressure on to remove it, Hypo will bleach it but it will return and surely must be contra indicated for use on them, if they are low-lying you may have a chance,
Have a look on how Lichen is so strongly attached to pavement flags and ask what equipment you could use to clean them-? You have an answer straight away.

Hence my don’t bother comment.

Absolute waste of time and effort unless you’re getting well over £1000 for the job.

Ggh

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2024, 07:39:21 am »
Scaffold tower and chemitek. This is the best way to do it properly.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day