This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

SLX poles out of stock
« on: June 27, 2024, 12:33:51 pm »
Every single size of SLX on the Gardiner website is showing as out of stock. Have I missed an announcement or something?

Vin

Soupy

Re: SLX poles out of stock
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 12:40:28 pm »
It says due in end of June which is now  ???

Try Doug at daqua, he might have stock.

https://www.daqua.co.uk/slx.htm

Perfect Windows

michael mckeary

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2024, 02:29:32 pm »
I have stocked up on a few Extreme poles to take me to 47 feet. Don't need them at the moment but have priced 3 office cleaning jobs. I didn't get them but I don't want to suddenly get a call that my services are required and only for the poles to be sold out.
What I have noticed in this game, come Summer it can be difficult finding a merchant with stock available. Was going to buy another Bluman backpack but no stock so I bought the Nano Trolley.
If you know you will need something in the future then try and buy it right away or it can become a headache. 😉

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2024, 03:30:28 pm »
Bugger..... I was about to order new pole section to replace one that's just snapped.

Out of stock..... 

Think it gives me a chance to try something else for now.    What's the alternative pole out there these days similar to the SLX?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

michael mckeary

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2024, 07:04:52 pm »
Once you change to an Extreme its hard to try anything else. 😉

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2024, 07:12:29 pm »
Bugger..... I was about to order new pole section to replace one that's just snapped.

Out of stock..... 

Think it gives me a chance to try something else for now.    What's the alternative pole out there these days similar to the SLX?

Xline nano...
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2024, 08:01:13 pm »
Bought a replacement xtreme section 6 the other day, could not believe the cost. Well over £200 for one single xtreme section.

It’s not about affording it before you lot say ‘you’re a rich window cleaner, what’s £200’

It’s just the fact that a single pole section cost that much money! It’s ludicrous for what it is.

I will always use xtreme poles, but I do find window cleaning poles a massive rip off for what they are.

That’s the problem with lack of competition!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2024, 08:12:06 pm »
Bought a replacement xtreme section 6 the other day, could not believe the cost. Well over £200 for one single xtreme section.

It’s not about affording it before you lot say ‘you’re a rich window cleaner, what’s £200’

It’s just the fact that a single pole section cost that much money! It’s ludicrous for what it is.

I will always use xtreme poles, but I do find window cleaning poles a massive rip off for what they are.

I put a replacement SLX  No1 section in my Xtreme pole.

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2024, 09:06:17 pm »
Here's a tip. Whenever your pole is tired and worn out don't throw it away. Keep any sections that are useful. I've got loads of spare sections that I can use at any given time. I also bought a CLX-18 a few years back as back up. It's never been used.

Also keep spares of everything on your van.
We look at them, they look through them.

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2024, 09:53:48 pm »

Ive got quite a few sections I'll be getting rid of some time. I guess I need to have a look through and see whats available.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2024, 10:03:56 pm »
Here's a tip. Whenever your pole is tired and worn out don't throw it away. Keep any sections that are useful. I've got loads of spare sections that I can use at any given time. I also bought a CLX-18 a few years back as back up. It's never been used.

Also keep spares of everything on your van.

I've got a pretty impressive pole graveyard  ;D

I always have a spare SLX/xtreme section to replace  a worn/broken one
price higher/work harder!

DJW

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2024, 12:18:08 pm »
I have stocked up on a few Extreme poles to take me to 47 feet. Don't need them at the moment but have priced 3 office cleaning jobs. I didn't get them but I don't want to suddenly get a call that my services are required and only for the poles to be sold out.
What I have noticed in this game, come Summer it can be difficult finding a merchant with stock available. Was going to buy another Bluman backpack but no stock so I bought the Nano Trolley.
If you know you will need something in the future then try and buy it right away or it can become a headache. 😉

How many poles did you buy to get to 47’
Couldn’t you buy one around 47’

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2024, 12:46:19 pm »
Cleared out my old sections just before Christmas - 28 various slx sections - 12 ova-8 sections - 4 clx sections  :o

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

michael mckeary

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2024, 01:07:43 pm »
How many poles did you buy to get to 47’
Couldn’t you buy one around 47’

You can buy a 25' plus 4 sections or a 35' plus 2 sections. I have a 35' plus 2 extensions now which is used in a bluemoon. Mainly use the 25' on all my tall cleans. The way I see it, they will not come down in price so they are an asset. 90% of my work is with the 18' but run with 22' and 25' and a 22' sprayer always in van. All  Extremes so when you add them up it would cost over 2k to replace them. That's why I have equipment insurance of £10k which was less than £400 with Aplan.

tlwcs

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2024, 08:31:48 pm »
On the wear, I put aluminium tape around the top middle and bottom of each pole section, creating the 3 point of contact. Like the early extreme pole. Back off the clamps to accommodate the tape and it limits the wear.  Available at Screwfix

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2024, 08:40:09 pm »

I agree i snapped my xline nano 18ft and they wanted £180 for a section, i just bought an slx 18 to replace it... the nano is still snapped on the van and has been there a year.

zesty

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2024, 09:07:03 pm »

I agree i snapped my xline nano 18ft and they wanted £180 for a section, i just bought an slx 18 to replace it... the nano is still snapped on the van and has been there a year.

Surely we can buy the poles direct from china.

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2024, 09:24:06 pm »
Someone was doing that

But what seems to happen is the forums poo poo the idea (it’s gardiners or nothing) or they can’t get enough to make a reasonable profit vs the effort and outlay

Surely you guys don’t envy the suppliers making 150% mark up when you’re making £60 to £90 + p/h ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

simon w

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2024, 09:26:41 pm »

Surely we can buy the poles direct from china.

They are manufactured to order exclusively for the individual window cleaning retailers bare poles shipped to UK then clamps fitted and sections built up.