Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Turley

Help with choosing a jet washer New
« on: June 25, 2024, 09:40:17 pm »
Hi everyone

I’ve been a window cleaner for 20 years and I used cleanitup to help me so much in the early years.
Now I’m venturing into driveway and patio cleaning as an add on.
I’m fancying going for a Honda engine jet wash due to the reliability of the Honda engine.
The majority of my jobs will be domestic, certainly to start with.

So my questions are:

What flow into a bowser can I reasonably expect from a domestic supply?
I understand it will differ but an average estimate will help me.
This will help me to choose between a 15 litre per minute or a 21 litre per minute machine.

I usually work with my brother. Is it realistic to expect to be able to be able to run 2 lances or a lance and a hard floor cleaner at the same time?

Is it worth getting a hard floor cleaner or will lance(s) be good enough so it’s not worth getting one?

If I should get a hard surface cleaner and depending on the litres per minute, should I get a smaller diameter one (14-18”) that will be quicker to work with or go for a larger one (20” plus) that will cover a larger area but might be slower to work with?

My first job is likely to be all the communal pathways on 7 blocks of apartments.
The closest water supply I can secure is 150 metres from the furthest point.
Is it feasible to expect a reasonable flow rate through a hose of that length to feed the bowser?

I’ve had a little shop around, this seems to be a good deal?
https://www.industrial-equipment.co.uk/online-tools-store/r099-3150-honda-pressure-washer-info.html

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

Wow my avatar photo is from a long time ago lol!

Dave