This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Philt

Gutter cleaning advice needed
« on: June 09, 2024, 12:21:33 pm »
Hi there,

I've recently started a gutter vac business with soffit and fascia washing in south Wales.

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice on the most effective ways to get customers, I've built a website and done a load of flyering but have had little to no response.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Phil

Splash and dash

Re: Gutter cleaning advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 01:29:10 pm »
Hi there,

I've recently started a gutter vac business with soffit and fascia washing in south Wales.

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice on the most effective ways to get customers, I've built a website and done a load of flyering but have had little to no response.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Phil

Go door knocking this is by far the best way to get customers

Philt

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024, 10:11:37 pm »
Thanks for that, I really appreciate your advice.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 11:14:38 pm »
Door knock - door knock then knock again - when I started out I did 2 hours every weekday afternoon evening  4 on Saturday and Sunday

the worst they can say is no - give every house a leaflet - sign written van is a must
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Philt

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2024, 09:06:35 am »
That's brilliant, thanks for that.

richard connett

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2024, 02:36:40 pm »
Try befriending some window cleaners. Some of them ( me included ) don’t like gutters and facias and have little time to get through all the requests for extra jobs . 

Rob.Hall

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 11:48:15 am »
Look out for growth in gutters then, either pop a flyer through the letter box or knock on the door.

CleanGreen

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024, 04:30:23 pm »
Try befriending some window cleaners. Some of them ( me included ) don’t like gutters and facias and have little time to get through all the requests for extra jobs .

Thats so real  ;D

michael mckeary

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2024, 07:39:52 pm »
They usually always ask their window cleaner to clear out their gutters. So might be better being a window cleaner first and say on the van you clean gutters and PVC cleaning. That's the reason window cleaning is so lucrative because it gives one a good foundation.