This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rb4no

optimising my pressure washing set up
« on: June 08, 2024, 11:45:38 am »
Been p washing for a few years although I don't really do loads, mainly servicing my existing window cleaning customer base. I have a 21lpm loncin, that was starting to get tired so spent a few quid on renewing all of the connections (worn and rusting) new trigger assembly (kew quick connect) and even bought a new electric start version of the same engine to save wear and tear on myself.  Rebuilt my FSC with new bearings, connectors, hose etc.

So now it feels like a new machine , however would like some advise on nozzles for different applications, i.e. what nozzles on the FSC would you use for brick weave, tarmac and concrete cos I know people do change these for different applications?

What fan degree and where from works best for rinsing down as I want to move away from those cheap plastic covered ones?

And also I have a large tarmac job coming up and wondered what method of using the FSC  worked best for you,  I've in the past done the whole circular  figure of eight technique  but don't fancy it over much bigger than I've already done as it would be boring and tiring, would any of you recommend going up and down in one direction then going over it again from another direction i.e. covering the same area twice but from another angle?

thanks for your help everyone.

Smudger

Re: optimising my pressure washing set up
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 03:39:21 pm »
I just use 15 degree nozzles in my FSC - this is for Tarmac and Concrete - I never use a FSC on brick weave - turbo nozzle for this surface.

Rinsing down get yourself a hi/low nozzle - these have high pressure for pushing the cr@p about and a low pressure for gentle rinse down and you alter the angle from near 0 to almost a 90 degree spray.

the figure of 8 is about the only way to go - tarmac has lots of nooks and crannies so a straight walk will leave you with moss left behind.

How large you talking ? single tennis court ? multiple tennis courts ?
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

rb4no

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024, 12:16:40 pm »
tarmac'd area is  a large driveway about 170m2

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 11:18:14 pm »
oh so not that big then - about half a tennis court so 4 hrs work - just FSC it and if bored get some he'd phones  :D
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

rb4no

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2024, 02:56:37 pm »
thanks smudger