van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: An accident.
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2024, 08:27:29 pm »
Anyway, back in to hospital tomorrow, early. Appt with consultant shoulder surgeon. I may have a reconstructed shoulder this time tomorrow.

Missing Link

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2024, 08:45:51 pm »
Anyway, back in to hospital tomorrow, early. Appt with consultant shoulder surgeon. I may have a reconstructed shoulder this time tomorrow.

Good luck; honestly.

What a bummer just before you retire to Canada.

What's that thing about 'making God laugh'?

Tell Him your plans.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

AuRavelling79

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2024, 10:16:29 pm »

Proverbs 25 v 11.  ;D

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

What on earth are you on about, Gold?

"Like golden apples set in silver
is a word spoken at the right time."

;D
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2024, 10:53:33 am »
Man who go to bed with problem in hand wake up with solution on chest.

Confucius

DaveG

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2024, 09:28:45 pm »
Just seen this Matt, sorry to hear. Get well soon mate
You can't polish a turd

Slacky

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2024, 09:55:09 pm »
Thanks Dave.

3 weeks to the date I came out of surgery 90 mins ago after 5 hours under the cosh fitting me a new Steve Austin bionic shoulder.

Don’t Thai nurses look gorgeous when you’re off your head  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2024, 10:52:04 pm »
Thanks Dave.

3 weeks to the date I came out of surgery 90 mins ago after 5 hours under the cosh fitting me a new Steve Austin bionic shoulder.

Don’t Thai nurses look gorgeous when you’re off your head  ;D

Gonna hurt in the morning!

Glad you're through the op Matt!
It's a game of three halves!

Ggh

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2024, 07:21:14 pm »
Bloody hell! Hope you’re on the mend .
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Slacky

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2024, 09:55:00 am »

Getting there ta.

The outlying issue pretty much is my shoulder. Head seems to have recovered. I had headaches for a while after but they’ve seemed to have cleared as well as some sinus pain. The ribs are getting there, albeit sporadically, the pain with them is nowhere near what it was, now it’s occasional discomfort, nothing more.

Shoulder seems to be operating at probably 40 % previous ability. It’s simply down to mobility which seems to be affected by continued internal swelling but I’m able to do things now that were impossible after the op.

I actually went to work for the first time yesterday. I’d had a long out standing pressure washing job to do. My main concerns were, would the pressure washer start after three months of not being used and could I summon the strength to get it back in the van. Good old Honda, it started second pull, with my left arm, and was fully agreeable going back up the ramps.

Anyone want a pressure washer, I’m selling it now due to the Canada move.

Phil J

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2024, 08:03:03 am »
Look after yourself pal, speedy recovery!

Ggh

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2024, 05:05:49 pm »

Getting there ta.

The outlying issue pretty much is my shoulder. Head seems to have recovered. I had headaches for a while after but they’ve seemed to have cleared as well as some sinus pain. The ribs are getting there, albeit sporadically, the pain with them is nowhere near what it was, now it’s occasional discomfort, nothing more.

Shoulder seems to be operating at probably 40 % previous ability. It’s simply down to mobility which seems to be affected by continued internal swelling but I’m able to do things now that were impossible after the op.

I actually went to work for the first time yesterday. I’d had a long out standing pressure washing job to do. My main concerns were, would the pressure washer start after three months of not being used and could I summon the strength to get it back in the van. Good old Honda, it started second pull, with my left arm, and was fully agreeable going back up the ramps.

Anyone want a pressure washer, I’m selling it now due to the Canada move.

Sounds like you’re in a bad way still.

I could take the washer off your hands.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Slacky

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2024, 09:02:45 pm »
Thanks, PW went yesterday. I had an 850 litre water tank to offload, a local window cleaner took that and was happy to take the PW. Thanks though.

Regards my condition, I guess you’re right actually, my shoulder is still largely unable to do many things. Especially if it involves the activity being above shoulder height.

8 weeks today, I guess that’s quite a long time to still be invalided.

Soupy

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2024, 09:28:38 pm »
Thanks, PW went yesterday. I had an 850 litre water tank to offload, a local window cleaner took that and was happy to take the PW. Thanks though.

Regards my condition, I guess you’re right actually, my shoulder is still largely unable to do many things. Especially if it involves the activity being above shoulder height.

8 weeks today, I guess that’s quite a long time to still be invalided.

Stronger every day.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Slacky

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2024, 09:46:22 pm »
It's true I am. Sometimes it seems remarkably slow. Actually it is very slow, but some days seem more frustrating than others.

Anyway, I'm well enough to emigrate 2 weeks tomorrow.

dd

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2024, 10:31:53 pm »
I think these sort of things can take a long time to fully heal. You should be a lot better a few months down the line.

RPCCS

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2024, 01:03:17 pm »
Sorry to hear of your accident Slacky, it so easily happens these days..
I posted on a different section of the forum of my own accident which was 3 years ago last month. I’d been doing gutter on 2 semi houses, did all the from t and all the back of the right hand house, then stood on the single roof extension of the two houses, looking at the back above next door’s gutter above the conservatory , and ( this is from the house owner) I fell off the extension and banged the left side of my head on the ground and broke my right shoulder, iv have no remember of this accident but I was rushed to hospital and had the left side of my skull removed as I had a bleeding inside the head. I have eventually got the go ahead from the doctor in charge of my care, but this was done in April,  and I’ve had all this time  waiting for the form sent to dvla from dr, and I can’t insure my van until I have the licence in my hand.
By the times the dvla get it sent, it could be September before I start work.
Cheers Rich

Slacky

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2024, 01:12:08 pm »
That sounds significantly worse than my accident. Although I had two bleeds on the brain they left them to heal without the need for surgery.

If they took the left side of your skull off that's  something else!

How long did it take before you got decent mobility back in your shoulder?

RPCCS

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2024, 01:22:34 pm »
I can’t remember how long it was in a sling, I was free of it on e I was up and walking in the ward, but was so weak once I came home, I could make a cup of tea or coffee once I got home but had to carry the cup with two hands as it was so weak it used to turn  down over and almost spill on the carpet .
As the time off has been so long, I’m virtually perfect in my feel now, I sometimes can’t remember how to say certain words, but just tell people what I’m wanting to say and then get told the correct word. I was fitted with an American  made replace of the left of my head, but it took well over a year to receive it in the hospital.  About 18 months ago.
Cheers Rich

Slacky

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2024, 02:36:02 pm »
I couldn't pick the kettle up at first with my right hand, nor reach out in front of me any distance.

Had to learn to do my toilet habits with the other hand.

Im slowly getting there, with great pain I can now just about get mr arm up to horizontal, and it does improve every day, but requires regular, daily, physio.

Im beginning to enjoy the 9 out of 10 pain scale, we're quite familiar now  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2024, 06:01:56 pm »
Let this be a lesson to all older window cleaners that are 50+...

Dump ALL your ladder jobs.that includes that one window above a flat roof that you can't reach with the pole or any glass roofs that requires ladders to access

The truth is Matt you ll never be the same again now.the shoulder is a very complicated joint and it'll give you grief for the rest of your life at times....
price higher/work harder!