This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: An accident.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2024, 11:52:48 pm »
Which hospital Matt?
Hope you are not in to much pain.

Basingstoke.

colin bird

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2024, 06:23:57 am »
Get well soon mate,and look forward to you retirement in canada

zesty

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2024, 06:47:45 am »
That sounds pretty nasty indeed.

Glad you’re ok, that’s the main thing. Hope the recovery is swift with no long term aches and pains.

A warning to us all.

No money is worth the risk on some of these jobs!

Jonny 87

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2024, 07:56:57 am »
Wowzers.

Just shows how we all should never be complacent, not long now till your recovering in greener pastures abroad.

All the best with your recovery.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Slacky

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2024, 09:07:07 am »
Just been told there’s also a small leak in one of my lungs caused by one of the ribs that snapped ….

Soupy

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2024, 10:40:17 am »
Just been told there’s also a small leak in one of my lungs caused by one of the ribs that snapped ….

That sounds fun.

Really hope things improve for you soon.

Don Kee

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2024, 11:44:34 am »
You’ll always have this story to tell when people ask you about retiring!!

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your fall mate and hope you recover quickly x

jo5hm4n

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2024, 12:06:43 pm »
I just hope that most of your rounds are sold, or the process or retiring and selling the business is virtually done, as would of been awful if that happened before you had even started to sell up and then being off work for a long time/permanently.

The main thing is you are alive.  I'll never understand the universe, the timing on you falling off a roof just weeks before retirement is actually insane, like what are the odds of that.

I hope you make a full recovery and then you can enjoy your retirement abroad.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2024, 02:02:58 pm »
Get well soon buddy

richard connett

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2024, 03:51:58 pm »
Puts everything in perspective doesn’t it. As spinal tap might say “too much f***ing perspective”  get well soon and good luck with your move.  Another lesson for us all to heed

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2024, 03:56:12 pm »
A bleed on the brain can be very serious  indeed.hope you make a full recovery Matt.....the ribs will be very sore for a good while,every time you laugh,cough or strain on the toilet you ll be in a world of pain.....

I got rid of every single job that required a ladder at the start of this year due to a window cleaner I worked for back in 1992 having a fall just before xmas at the age of 75,he was only a few weeks from retirement too...

He s still not made a full recovery and it's ruined his retirement plans
price higher/work harder!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2024, 04:00:57 pm »
Hope it all works out for you; sounds like you had a lucky escape - could have been so much worse.

I'd been encouraging franchisees to stop using ladders; thanks to this (eight feet, ffs!) we're stopping full stop.

Vin

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2024, 04:11:31 pm »
Hope everything turns out ok, typical that life would throw this at you with you about to retire.

Just goes to show it doesnt take a huge height to do the damage just a bad landing.

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2024, 05:21:32 pm »
A bleed on the brain can be very serious  indeed.hope you make a full recovery Matt.....the ribs will be very sore for a good while,every time you laugh,cough or strain on the toilet you ll be in a world of pain.....

I got rid of every single job that required a ladder at the start of this year due to a window cleaner I worked for back in 1992 having a fall just before xmas at the age of 75,he was only a few weeks from retirement too...

He s still not made a full recovery and it's ruined his retirement plans

You’re right.

I saw a scan of the bleed. The good thing is it’s a surface bleed so if it continues it’s easier to resolve than something that is 4” down.

All signs since the accident have been good and promising, all heading in the right direction. Vital signs have been measured every 4 hours and no indication of a reoccurrence or of it not going away.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2024, 05:58:50 pm »
All the best buddy.  One scary event we all dread happening.

Take care chap.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Tam1872

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2024, 07:49:29 pm »
Broken ribs sound like nothing if you havent broken them before,  I’ve broken ribs on 2 occasions and the pain your in is unbelievable

Slacky

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2024, 09:27:44 pm »
Broken ribs sound like nothing if you havent broken them before,  I’ve broken ribs on 2 occasions and the pain your in is unbelievable

Yes. Trying to right yourself to get out of bed with 4 busted ribs is agonising. To the point of blackout.

It’s like they don’t inform you of everything at once; they’ve now confirmed I had a punctured lung and punctured ear drum.

zesty

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2024, 09:46:16 pm »
You’re going to be in the wars for a couple more weeks. Are you due out of hospital soon?

Slacky

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2024, 09:58:25 pm »
I was released two days ago but woke up yesterday morning at 3:30 - not good.

I called an ambulance and they readmitted me.

Since yesterday they’ve done two scans. The first one showed the possibility of a slight additional bleed on one of the two haemorrages.

The latest scan today I was also injected with a dye to show deeper blood vessels within the brain. All good there.

The bruises aren’t from injuries, they’re from the cannulas I’ve had inserted in the last week.

Smudger

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2024, 11:11:32 pm »
oh joy!  :-X
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk