This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Best gutter vac for domestic?
« on: June 05, 2024, 11:01:00 am »
Just wondering if there is anything better and cheaper than the GVS Predator. Our current Gutter Sucker is over 4 years old but doesn't suck like it should do. The company do offer a refurbishing of the heads service but with the cost of postage etc I'm thinking it may be better to buy a new one. Our carbon fibre poles are fine but not sure if they'll be compatible with other machines.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Smudger

Re: Best gutter vac for domestic?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 01:53:41 pm »
What diameter are your poles ? -  should fit even if you need an adaptor
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Klean07

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2024, 02:27:50 pm »
According to their website they are 44mm in diameter.

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2024, 05:48:45 pm »
Mate of mine has the Gutter Sucker, he's had it for years and uses it daily.
Apparently, his one loses power now and again and he strips it down and cleans it out and job done.
Not sure what he does, but might be worth a go.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Klean07

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2024, 05:27:52 pm »
Update; After chatting to someone from GVS regarding this I've opted for their Predator machine costing over £2,000. Arrived today got lots of jobs lined up  so fingers crossed.

michael mckeary

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2024, 06:16:18 pm »
I have the Spinaclean Industrial Vac. Great machine but expensive and it came with the Elite poles.

the king

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2024, 07:37:41 pm »
ive got the grippa vac had it years still going strong 9 years ive had it now bullet proof

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2024, 06:16:56 pm »
Update; After chatting to someone from GVS regarding this I've opted for their Predator machine costing over £2,000. Arrived today got lots of jobs lined up  so fingers crossed.
You made the right decision,  it's a brilliant machine.

tlwcs

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2024, 12:56:48 pm »
I’ve got a Dyson  ;D

simon w

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2024, 01:59:59 pm »
I like the Spinaclean machines as they have a blow function as well as hoover.

Just got back from a gutter vac job this morning actually, second floor Victorian town house gutters absolutely stuffed full, but results were fantastic, I put a really good price in so everyone happy  8)

michael mckeary

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2024, 05:00:19 pm »
I was out delivering leaflets for the election this morning and was looking at the houses gutters. Plenty had plants growing out of them. If the Insurance Industry decides to go down the commercial property route then we could be mighty busy. That route states they need an invoice to say their gutters have been cleared out, before they can buy building insurance. That's what the guy told me when I was clearing out a commercial gutter with my vac. Some property managers need a video of before and after before they pay the bill. Might be wise to invest in the equipment so you are ready to take advantage if it happens.

simon w

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2024, 07:26:42 pm »
I was out delivering leaflets for the election this morning and was looking at the houses gutters. Plenty had plants growing out of them. If the Insurance Industry decides to go down the commercial property route then we could be mighty busy. That route states they need an invoice to say their gutters have been cleared out, before they can buy building insurance. That's what the guy told me when I was clearing out a commercial gutter with my vac. Some property managers need a video of before and after before they pay the bill. Might be wise to invest in the equipment so you are ready to take advantage if it happens.

I've a sky Vac camera for sale if your interested?

michael mckeary

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2024, 12:02:50 pm »
I've a sky Vac camera for sale if your interested?

Bought a camera and monitor when bought the Sky Vac but don't use it now.

Seen two guys clearing out gutters on a tenement this morning. Had a look at the top and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Another guy on top of roof holding the gooseneck and sucking up all the debris. I hope he had a harness on. Bizarre

Viscount

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2024, 07:40:46 am »
I bought a skyvac mighty atom. It does most stuff, but anything tough, like weeds growing from a downpipe, it just isn't powerful enough. You have to get the tool over the weed and twist the pole to yank it out rather than sucking it out. I'll change it for something with more oomph at some point.