van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Electric vans
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2024, 10:09:44 am »
In 7 years time if diesel is further out of favour, I guess companies such as Grippa  would provide some sort of immersion option for their systems.

Hadn't thought of that but if you're comparing like for like, a 9kW heater like Grippas would require an electric heater with the same power rating. Buy a Toyota Proace with a 50kWh battery, run the heater for three hours and you've worse than halved your range.

Interesting problem if you run hot water.

Vin

dd

« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2024, 12:55:17 pm »
I was assuming more on the lines of current users where they heat the water overnight. Not as effective as on demand from a webasto, but I suppose an insulated tank would help.

dd

« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2024, 03:23:14 pm »
Of course in 7 years time Daz will probably only be working 3 hour days, so water from an immersion should stay quite hot for him.

Soupy

« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2024, 03:32:24 pm »
Back on topic I will defo be interested in a new electric van in the next 7 years or so.i will probably have to incorporate an immersion system to heat my water rather than a diesel heater as I don't fancy having a separate tank for filling up.it would be difficult too i imagine depending on where the batteries are in the van..

My average mileage per year in my van is around 3000 miles and I will have a large driveway to install a charging point at home...

Is there any companies who professionally fit immersion heating systems in vans for window cleaning?(as I don't feel confident in doing the job myself).

Better off with a diesel tank for the heater IMO.

You're not going to want to run an emersion off your van battery, if that's even possible? On demand diesel heating is a very different prospect to insulating then night heating a tank of water via an emersion from your mains.

Once you go on demand hot - you don't go back, right?
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

michael mckeary

« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2024, 08:18:21 pm »
I was discussing this with Oliver because I have one of their hot water system. He was saying he has to fit a small diesel tank to run the Webasto heater on EV vans.

M.c.s

« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2024, 03:23:17 pm »
Yesterday  announced  all electric vans to pay ulez charge per day £15  2025. December

Soupy

« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2024, 03:43:10 pm »
Yesterday  announced  all electric vans to pay ulez charge per day £15  2025. December

Got to feel sorry for the folks in London that have bought an EV to avoid the congestion charge.

M.c.s

« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2024, 04:17:32 pm »

Got to feel sorry for the folks in London that have bought an EV to avoid the congestion charge.

Yeh me so I will have to go euro 6 that's if they don't tax them aswell
I have till December  next year

But iam hurting badly atm

michael mckeary

« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2024, 05:53:50 pm »
Ulez is just a money making racket and nothing to do with air quality. The councils need money so they will all copy each other. Up here, the speed cameras are disappearing and average speed cameras are taking their place. The folk running them were saying one ASC was making money everyday but they can't tell us where it is. Everything now revolves around money and road tax on EVs comes in next year.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2024, 06:08:07 pm »

You got a source for that Mcs?
It's a game of three halves!

michael mckeary

« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2024, 06:14:28 pm »
25 December 2025
It might not be a very Merry Christmas for electric vehicle owners living in London by the time the festivities roll around next year. That's because from 25 December 2025 EVs will have to pay the full amount to drive in the capital's Congestion Charge Zone, Transport for London has confirmed this week.2 days ago

Soupy

M.c.s

« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2024, 06:34:40 pm »
I have over a year left to think about it but to be honest after  20 years window cleaning  in London and all the drama I could move back to north east  and commute in a euro 6 

Spruce

« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2024, 09:55:23 pm »
I have over a year left to think about it but to be honest after  20 years window cleaning  in London and all the drama I could move back to north east  and commute in a euro 6

This is a sounding thought.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

zesty

« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2024, 08:04:19 am »
Well now labour in, we’ll all be paying more to drive around. That’s for sure.

It’s gonna be a rough few years for the country. (Not that it wasn’t already)

Sticking with my trusty transit custom 63 plate until it becomes difficult to drive it through green zone policy’s in my area.

Soupy

« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2024, 08:07:49 am »

Sticking with my trusty transit custom 63 plate until it becomes difficult to drive it through green zone policy’s in my area.

Try not to worry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6QhAZckY8w&pp

Remember it was the albino baboon that introduced ULEZ, under a Tory government too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Low_Emission_Zone#:~:text=The%20Ultra%20Low%20Emission%20Zone,come%20into%20operation%20in%202020.

michael mckeary

« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2024, 08:19:07 am »
In the end, all Govs, councils and public bodies need to generate money. They will go for the easy targets first and that's the motorists.

dd

« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2024, 11:15:00 am »

Try not to worry.

Remember it was the albino baboon that introduced ULEZ, under a Tory government too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Low_Emission_Zone#:~:text=The%20Ultra%20Low%20Emission%20Zone,come%20into%20operation%20in%202020.
Report to mods, this statement is an insult to baboons.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2024, 12:50:41 pm »

Try not to worry.

Glasgow?

Comfortably Numb!

Soupy

« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2024, 12:55:48 pm »

Try not to worry.

Glasgow?

There's no ulez in Glasgow. Only lez.

They followed suit, just like all the other cities.