This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Electric vans
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2024, 06:21:51 pm »
Well now labour in, we’ll all be paying more to drive around. That’s for sure.

It’s gonna be a rough few years for the country. (Not that it wasn’t already)

Sticking with my trusty transit custom 63 plate until it becomes difficult to drive it through green zone policy’s in my area.

So glad the tories are out!

I'm a very happy man!along with most of the people from the North of England,Scotland and Ireland!

Time to celebrate 🥳 🎉!!!
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2024, 07:52:16 pm »
It was you lot that put them in power !  ::)roll
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

michael mckeary

« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2024, 08:54:54 pm »
We have had a nightmare for 17 years and glad snp are out. They have done 0 for us bar talk of Independence. They can't run a bath never mind a country, no one knows where all the money has gone. Not sure if you pay ULEZ if you have a mobility badge because up here you don't if you register it with the council. 😉

dazmond

« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2024, 08:54:31 am »

Not me...I've never voted tory and never would mate...
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2024, 02:51:34 pm »

Not me...I've never voted tory and never would mate...
I can see where he’s coming from as far as Scotland is concerned. The SNP effectively took Labour voters away in droves…….good to see that has been reversed now though.
Maybe you southerners can get taxed to the hilt like us Jock’s now? 🤑😁. Scrap free prescription’s in Scotland and we’ll be on an even keel😉

dd

« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2024, 10:12:24 pm »
Most presciptions are free anyway. OAPs are free as are people with certain health conditions and children, students. I think around 75% of prescriptions end up being free.

Doesn't make much difference to me though, because if I needed it, I am more likely to die than get an appointment with my GP.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2024, 01:51:03 pm »
Yesterday  announced  all electric vans to pay ulez charge per day £15  2025. December

Nope. Not true in any way, shape or form. It even says it in the article presented as "evidence".

It's the exemption in the Congestion charge zone (central London) not the ULEZ zone (pretty much all of the rest of London inside the M25) that's being stopped.  Given that the CC is intended to (as you might guess) reduce congestion, it makes sense. EVs create as much congestion as any other vehicle.

CC Zone is the bit in the middle. ULEZ zone is the big one. So, to be clear, it's the little bit, not the big.

Odd that a false narrative is being spread on social media, isn't it?

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2024, 02:00:15 pm »
Yesterday  announced  all electric vans to pay ulez charge per day £15  2025. December

Got to feel sorry for the folks in London that have bought an EV to avoid the congestion charge.

Yeh me so I will have to go euro 6 that's if they don't tax them aswell
I have till December  next year

But iam hurting badly atm

Do you do a great deal of work in central London inside the congestion charge zone?

Soupy

« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2024, 02:14:45 pm »

Nope. Not true in any way, shape or form. It even says it in the article presented as "evidence".

It's the exemption in the Congestion charge zone (central London) not the ULEZ zone (pretty much all of the rest of London inside the M25) that's being stopped.  Given that the CC is intended to (as you might guess) reduce congestion, it makes sense. EVs create as much congestion as any other vehicle.

CC Zone is the bit in the middle. ULEZ zone is the big one. So, to be clear, it's the little bit, not the big.

Odd that a false narrative is being spread on social media, isn't it?

Vin

Lol

Got to admit I'm pretty ignorant to TFL policies. I visit London every couple of years, love the place but I'm normally far too drunk to be driving  while I'm there.

Still, disappointed with myself that I fell for the headlines .
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community