van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: £4k to get into pressure washing. what would you get?
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2024, 03:15:31 pm »
Water pressure and drainage will be your biggest enemy, im just learning as i go along at the minute but ive done one job where the tap flow was terrible and i must have wast an hour waiting for filling...another where the drainage was awfull sloping drive to the garage and no where for it to go. Both things slow you down, I used a gutter vac and a brush to get rid of the water but ive seen people use dirty water pumps and a gutter sucker thing that attaches to your lance.

30lpm is only going to win provided the tap pressure can keep up but you have the extra umph there if you need it so if you can afford a bigger machine why not, it seems like you are hell bent on getting one so just do it.  ;D

Adam P

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2024, 09:30:06 am »
Am I right in thinking though that a 30lpm machine can be turned down to a 21lpm machine? Like 30 is the max, but if I use the unloader value or reduce to revs of the engine this will just bring it right down to a much lower lpm no?

Smudger

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2024, 03:24:05 pm »
Basically you can do this - revs control the lpm so full revs would be your 30 lpm it it’s going to be trial and error for lower lpm

Unloader is pressure
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Adam P

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2024, 07:20:50 pm »
I guess this would cause an issue for nozzle size though and I'd need to change them should I drop the lpm?

Smudger

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2024, 10:20:57 pm »
Yes I would say so
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

the king

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2024, 08:33:41 pm »
Water pressure and drainage will be your biggest enemy, im just learning as i go along at the minute but ive done one job where the tap flow was terrible and i must have wast an hour waiting for filling...another where the drainage was awfull sloping drive to the garage and no where for it to go. Both things slow you down, I used a gutter vac and a brush to get rid of the water but ive seen people use dirty water pumps and a gutter sucker thing that attaches to your lance.

30lpm is only going to win provided the tap pressure can keep up but you have the extra umph there if you need it so if you can afford a bigger machine why not, it seems like you are hell bent on getting one so just do it.  ;D
ive just treated my self to a mud sucker not used it yet £104 from equip 2 clean ive got a job in a few weeks were im going to need it hope it works  ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2024, 05:57:24 pm »
Water pressure and drainage will be your biggest enemy, im just learning as i go along at the minute but ive done one job where the tap flow was terrible and i must have wast an hour waiting for
ive just treated my self to a mud sucker not used it yet £104 from equip 2 clean ive got a job in a few weeks were im going to need it hope it works  ;D
I bought one from Rutland pumps a few years ago , it was a waste of time.

the king

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2024, 08:17:43 pm »
o dear im going to test mine out this week i think check it works  :'(

Smudger

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2024, 11:05:10 pm »
Is that what they are now 🥴

Brought mine a few years ago @ £35 each

They work well enough in the right conditions

the king

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2024, 07:21:52 pm »
dam big price hike  :o

the king

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2024, 03:07:59 pm »
Tried the mud sucker today it’s fantastic really got me out of a huge jam with the pooling of water that had no we’re to go medium revs works best I found