This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve10

Poles for employees
« on: January 08, 2024, 05:51:03 pm »
I have 3 employees. 2 of them want poles in different lengths. I normally buy gardiner clx 27ft poles to use daily for everyone but they are asking if I can buy a 22ft pole to use as well so it's not to heavy and only use the 27ft pole when needed. They also have a 60ft gardiner pole to use.
What do you buy?

Splash & dash

Re: Poles for employees
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 06:36:54 pm »
I have 3 employees. 2 of them want poles in different lengths. I normally buy gardiner clx 27ft poles to use daily for everyone but they are asking if I can buy a 22ft pole to use as well so it's not to heavy and only use the 27ft pole when needed. They also have a 60ft gardiner pole to use.
What do you buy?

Gardiner’s slx is a good hard working pole

Ascjim

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 07:44:35 pm »
Yes SLX for employees all day long

dd

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 07:58:00 pm »
Personally I use slx22 for most of my work. A 22ft pole is easier to use than 27 and the clx27 flexes too much for my liking when close to fully extended.

I used to use slx25 as every day pole but find slx22 easier, partly due to shorter collapsed length. I still have a clx27 but have not used it in over 10 years.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 09:22:38 pm »
Back to clx for me - they get the one pole for everyday use and each van has an sl2 for high works

I was a champion for staff to have carbon fibre and the best quality - invested in 12 ova8 poles

All bar 2 are in the bin - found mismatched sections ie  umber 3 inside a 5 packed out with tape most had split sections 1 to 3 just tap d up no clamps or gardiner. Lamps forced onto sections

9 full carbon poles f@@ked some as new as 8 months old

If they want something g better than a standardisupy they can buy it
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 09:25:28 pm »
Clx 27 is a bit evil isn't it poor guys.  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 09:52:16 pm »
Thing is no one has complained - I think we make too much of this weight saving stuff
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

chris turner

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 10:29:02 pm »
Thing is no one has complained - I think we make too much of this weight saving stuff

I would take quality over a bit of weight saved any day. Those ova8 poles are junk, same as the xline hi mod ova8 cope off pole I bought last year. Feels nice in your hand but that's it. Clamps are crap, no longer clamp after only 8 months so having to use tape just to stop the spinning. Multiple splits in the pole, had to cut bits off it so it's lost a good foot or 2 in length.
Gardiner's all the way for poles, even the clx lasted me years without ever having to cut bits off or faff about without it too much, other then glueing a clamp back on now and again.

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 10:38:01 pm »
Back to clx for me - they get the one pole for everyday use and each van has an sl2 for high works

I was a champion for staff to have carbon fibre and the best quality - invested in 12 ova8 poles

All bar 2 are in the bin - found mismatched sections ie  umber 3 inside a 5 packed out with tape most had split sections 1 to 3 just tap d up no clamps or gardiner. Lamps forced onto sections

Sounds like there is a problem with the staff 😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 10:47:22 pm »

your reaction is no surprise

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2024, 10:50:44 pm »

I would take quality over a bit of weight saved any day. Those ova8 poles are junk, same as the xline hi mod ova8 cope off pole I bought last year. Feels nice in your hand but that's it. Clamps are crap, no longer clamp after only 8 months so having to use tape just to stop the spinning. Multiple splits in the pole, had to cut bits off it so it's lost a good foot or 2 in length.
Gardiner's all the way for poles, even the clx lasted me years without ever having to cut bits off or faff about without it too much, other then glueing a clamp back on now and again.

The SLX was worse even I had trouble with them and spinning under the clamp area so the OVA8 was better - personally if I was still on the tools then I would go for an extreme - but then I know how to look after/care for equipment

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2024, 11:26:56 pm »

your reaction is no surprise

We use slx for staff and they last 2-4 years with daily use get the occasional clamp come unglued but no spinning until the pole is knackered , don’t bother replacing sections usually find that it’s all worn by then anyway so just replace them never owned  an ova 8 but did try one from a friend for a day but after the  first house put it back in the van horrible thing 😂😂😂 , heavy compared to the six and didn’t extend and close easily and it was a couple of months old so not like it was a bit stiff due to being new .

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2024, 11:49:18 am »

If you are giving them to staff then who cares its not your body is it but there's a huge difference to levels of fatigue and aches and pains using a clx 27 all week vs an extreme 22.

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2024, 01:07:15 pm »

If you are giving them to staff then who cares its not your body is it but there's a huge difference to levels of fatigue and aches and pains using a clx 27 all week vs an extreme 22.

But that’s the whole point you should care as you have a duty of care  for employees well being , and if the worst were to happen you could be found liable or contributing to there injury  etc then it gets very expensive

richard connett

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2024, 01:18:08 pm »
Why not get an 18ft clx or slx for them with 2 extensions to take on and off as required that would take the pole to nearly 30ft

dd

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024, 04:13:48 pm »
The only 2 poles I used to use were clx27 and clx22. The 22 got most of my work and was much nicer to use than the 27 which only got used when needed. I found a notable weight difference between the two.

I would think if you give your staff the clx22 they will be happier and more productive.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2024, 05:24:59 pm »
Its not difficult really, just get something bang in the middle.

SLX 22 or 25 or 27 is spot on really, and if needed get an SLX 18 for everyday pole.

Tell the staff they have to personally take apart each pole for cleaning, spraying re applying tape at least once per month and its part of their job role to look after equipment.  If equipment is failing with poles in under a year then you have a problem with staff just abusing and throwing the poles about and not giving a crap.

Our lads make each pole last at least 2 years and even then clamps and sections just look worn at best.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2024, 05:34:37 pm »

SLX 22 or 25 or 27 is spot on really, and if needed get an SLX 18 for everyday pole.

Tell the staff they have to personally take apart each pole for cleaning, spraying re applying tape at least once per month and its part of their job role to look after equipment.  If equipment is failing with poles in under a year then you have a problem with staff just abusing and throwing the poles about and not giving a crap.

Our lads make each pole last at least 2 years and even then clamps and sections just look worn at best.

But Darren doesn’t think it is a staff problem 😂😂😂😂

Ggh

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024, 05:41:03 pm »
Clx for close work, slx for stuff over 30’.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2024, 05:54:45 pm »

But Darren doesn’t think it is a staff problem 😂😂😂😂

Of course it’s a staff problem - again you can’t read nor understand a thread

It’s because they are staff I now don’t supply full carbon pole but supply perfectly acceptable clx instead