This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Price increase
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2024, 04:34:59 pm »
Likewise
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Missing Link

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2024, 03:23:41 pm »
Had a bit of a 'ding dong' with a customer this morning who didn't like his price being put up by £3 measley quid.  ;D

Though it may have been banter and a bit of winding up on his part. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2024, 05:28:23 pm »
Had a bit of a 'ding dong' with a customer this morning who didn't like his price being put up by £3 measley quid.  ;D

How much was the price prior to the increase?

If the custy is likely to be on state pension I use the 20% increase they will have got over last year and the coming year combined along with 'inflation' as my weapon of justification.

'This silly little pole costs £600!' - is another fave.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2024, 05:40:06 pm »

How much was the original price though?

I never put up prices in Jan.always April for me.

If it was a small domestic job it would be £1 or £2.certainly not £3. I think it's too much.

A fiver on larger jobs and commercial
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2024, 11:45:33 am »
You can increase the price without notice but they are not obliged to pay it for obvious reasons.

So why not just Inform them surely that's the right thing to do.

Mostly because it feels a bit 'tedious' to explain to a domestic customer that their property is going up by a quid or two.

For commercial, it also feels tedious.  One owner of a medium sized business with around 40 employees (that I know socially from the local running club) once said to me that the window cleaning costs are a tiny fraction of their overall outgoings.

Do they really want to be bothered with a notification about a £5 yearly increase?

I just stick 'em up.

I don't explain to any domestic customer nor do I ask. I have all their phone numbers I bulk text them via cleaner planner it takes literally 10 mins to inform the lot.

As for commercial you should probably email or letter them.

I get it's tedious but just because you can't be bothered doesn't make it right. Most won't care but no one is obliged to pay a  increase in price without notice unless its contracted so if they turn around and tell you to shove it you can't complain really.