van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Innocence & Experience

Water Leakage detecter
« on: December 19, 2023, 09:18:09 am »
Morning all
My water supplier has just fitted a water leakage detecter to my stop cock in the pavement so now i guess i just wait for them to contact me  ::)roll to tell me my water usage is above normal (currently producing approx 500litres of pure a day)
Have any of you experienced this? do they insist you have a water meter fitted?

zesty

Re: Water Leakage detecter
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 09:26:54 am »
Morning all
My water supplier has just fitted a water leakage detecter to my stop cock in the pavement so now i guess i just wait for them to contact me  ::)roll to tell me my water usage is above normal (currently producing approx 500litres of pure a day)

My mate isn’t on water meter, I buy my water from him, he’s always getting letters from Anglian water demanding he sort out the leak he supposedly has 😂

He ignores all the letters, has done for years. They are desperate to get him on a meter. He won’t allow it.

DJW

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 09:30:49 am »
If you are on a meter, I would tell them. If you divert your waste water to the garden rather than the drain then you can claim a discount on waste water/sewerage.

I lived in a property with no meter for years. The water company knew they were losing water but never knew where. Sounds like they have pinned down your ‘leak’.

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 09:37:22 am »
Morning all
Not sure i'm lucky enough to get away with that, they'd probably be down on me like a tonne of bricks!

My mate isn’t on water meter, I buy my water from him, he’s always getting letters from Anglian water demanding he sort out the leak he supposedly has 😂

He ignores all the letters, has done for years. They are desperate to get him on a meter. He won’t allow it.

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 09:40:36 am »
If you are on a meter, I would tell them. If you divert your waste water to the garden rather than the drain then you can claim a discount on waste water/sewerage.

I lived in a property with no meter for years. The water company knew they were losing water but never knew where. Sounds like they have pinned down your ‘leak’.
I dont think they have targeted me specifically as they have been installing these all over the city for a while now.
Knew the good times were coming to an end soon, just a shock when you see them out there installing yours.

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 09:43:58 am »
Can they they install a meter of some kind to the tap that supplies your purification system? so it seperates business usage from domestic usage.

NBwcs

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 09:46:36 am »
Morning all

Whos your water supplier?

NBwcs

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 10:00:27 am »
When i used to work for Anglian Water 20yrs ago, they could legally make you go on a meter if you were a commercial business. Things may have changed but i doubt it.

zesty

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 10:05:03 am »
When i used to work for Anglian Water 20yrs ago, they could legally make you go on a meter if you were a commercial business. Things may have changed but i doubt it.

Not sure, but are single operators classed as a commercial business? Don’t think so?

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 11:17:57 am »
I think you may have to as your water is being used for business purposes — just like your exempt in a drought (can’t have it both ways)

If you refuse they may stick you on a business tarif - which is expensive.

Yes you can meter water to the ro system - about £30 off ebay

I did this when moving into a unit - AW came and checked it and I only pay for water in - no sewage charge which halved the water bill
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 11:40:54 am »
Morning all
Severn Trent

Whos your water supplier?

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 11:42:52 am »
I think you may have to as your water is being used for business purposes — just like your exempt in a drought (can’t have it both ways)

If you refuse they may stick you on a business tarif - which is expensive.

Yes you can meter water to the ro system - about £30 off ebay

I did this when moving into a unit - AW came and checked it and I only pay for water in - no sewage charge which halved the water bill
Why no sewage charge?

DJW

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2023, 11:56:29 am »
As others have said, fit your own meter before your ro so you know exactly how much water your business is using (including rejected waste) you can then calculate the cost for your tax return.

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2023, 12:14:20 pm »
Waste ro - goes to the farmers field next door not down the drain 👍
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2023, 02:54:41 pm »
As others have said, fit your own meter before your ro so you know exactly how much water your business is using (including rejected waste) you can then calculate the cost for your tax return.
Yes, think i'll sort over the Christmas break in readiness  :)

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 02:56:32 pm »
Waste ro - goes to the farmers field next door not down the drain 👍
I usually run mine to the garden throughout the summer and down the drain in winterbut think i'll set it up to run to the garden all year  :)

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2023, 03:30:46 pm »
I used to get letters all the time saying I had a leak at my old house. I was on a meter then so dunno why they kept sending them.