This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

Most bizarre parking story ever
« on: December 14, 2023, 09:40:01 am »
Mad story time do you have any like it to lighten up the crap wet cold days before Xmas

Had a  new job in Bromley Kent last month  10  miles out of my way  you never know where it will lead to 
She was a right royal pain  in the
Went over the job three times before she was happy
The husband just gave me the sorry mate she does this to everyone look
Then as I was about to leave the father turns up to  put his two pence worth in  then says have you charged him for parking on your drive ?  The on road parking is £ 3.60 an hour ………
Finally got paid yesterday
Minus £ 3.60  and told my service will not be required in future 

The second mad mad story

was a small flat in  central Croydon third floor  after I finished the woman said  her mother said Shes not happy  with the clean
so I re  cleaned  them all again which I normally do if I get a complaint
Went back up the three flights of stairs. To be told Shes still not happy ?
So I said  can she show me where she’s not happy with the clean  she’s not here she’s in …….  (Another country )
I just walked away a little dazed and to be honest a little confused
Is it me ?
 Or do we all get these every now and then ?

tonyoliver

Re: Most bizarre parking story ever
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 10:16:14 am »
I even sent it to the wrong part of the forum 🤡

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 06:13:50 pm »
There you go ... I noticed this and have moved it for you OP.

;D
It's a game of three halves!

lal

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 06:36:34 pm »
Mad story time do you have any like it to lighten up the crap wet cold days before Xmas

Had a  new job in Bromley Kent last month  10  miles out of my way  you never know where it will lead to 
Then as I was about to leave the father turns up to  put his two pence worth in  then says have you charged him for parking on your drive ?  The on road parking is £ 3.60 an hour ………

The second mad mad story

was a small flat in  central Croydon third floor  after I finished the woman said  her mother said Shes not happy  with the clean
So I said  can she show me where she’s not happy with the clean  she’s not here she’s in …….  (Another country )
Is it me ?

Hi Tony,
I can't believe they charged you  3.60 for parking on there Drive, so that you could do a F&&&ing job for them,
i lived in Addiscombe East Croydon for 22 years before i sold up and moved to Galway Ireland 12 years ago, what's it
like there these days, i spoke to a mate who lives in Addington the other week, he said the ULEZ was peeing off everyone.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 07:03:05 pm »
2 great stories - if I had been or quick wired enough I’d have said the price allows for free parking on the drive.

But the surprise would have stunned me - some people are unbelievable
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 07:17:49 pm »

The second mad mad story

Is it me ?

Does number 1 charge for a cup of tea?
Number sounds like one of our haggling type friends.

Now where did I put that bamboo cane?👺
We look at them, they look through them.

tonyoliver

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2023, 08:44:35 pm »
Hi lal
Addiscoombe for anyone who doesn’t live here sounds nice just like merry hill Glasgow sounds fun
It has become a mad house along with most of Croydon  good  Luck to  you  Off to Galway   
Don’t ever come back !! Is my recommendation
you have escaped  and good luck to you
the park in long lane had 2murders   This year and there was a shootout in the street between two drug gangs In fact we have had eight  murder stabbings this year   A London record the gangs that roam  fight the other gangs  for being in the wrong postcode
Shops have closed down the town centre is a ghost town people are really scared to go there even in daylight
Most Pubs have gone along with anything you’d recognise as decent  things to do
litter mattress and rubbish dumped everywhere flats and more flat have taken over  managed decline is a nice way to describe my home town
ulez is the least of the problems traffic wardens roam in packs  cameras catch you for parking yellow boxes and red routes
cycle lanes block roads with no traffic zones a simple right turn will take a 20 min detour 
Most people I know have moved away
I am sort of stuck here I will move eventually but will miss the police helicopter lullabying me to sleep most nights  the south London symphonies of police sirens never stop  that’s the good stuf otherwise it’s quite nice here

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2023, 09:42:53 pm »

The second mad mad story

Is it me ?

1.I wouldn't take on a job 10 miles away from my main work

2.3rd floor flat?no chance either!😄

Are you a newbie?
price higher/work harder!

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2023, 06:23:07 am »
After fifteen years of cleaning windows nothing surprises me anymore

james peters

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2023, 07:44:10 am »
had  one last year , first clean  on a house in my village   
get a text  later in the day expressing dissapointment that the gutters and fascias were still dirty  ::)roll

Blocked and moved on, didnt even reply..... you cant reason with the   " unreasonable "
ironically, a few months later I picked up their neighbour, and no problems whatsoever   ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2023, 07:58:04 am »
Hi lal
Addiscoombe for anyone who doesn’t live here sounds nice just like merry hill Glasgow sounds fun
It has become a mad house along with most of Croydon  good  Luck to  you  Off to Galway   
the park in long lane had 2murders   This year and there was a shootout in the street between two drug gangs In fact we have had eight  murder stabbings this year   A London record the gangs that roam  fight the other gangs  for being in the wrong postcode
Shops have closed down the town centre is a ghost town people are really scared to go there even in daylight
litter mattress and rubbish dumped everywhere flats and more flat have taken over  managed decline is a nice way to describe my home town
ulez is the least of the problems traffic wardens roam in packs  cameras catch you for parking yellow boxes and red routes
cycle lanes block roads with no traffic zones a simple right turn will take a 20 min detour 
I am sort of stuck here I will move eventually but will miss the police helicopter lullabying me to sleep most nights  the south London symphonies of police sirens never stop  that’s the good stuf otherwise it’s quite nice here

Sounds like you should have charged them for parking on their drive, they should be grateful anyone would turn up by the sounds of it.

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2023, 01:11:57 pm »
Hi lal

Sounds worse than where Dazmond lives.
We look at them, they look through them.