van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richard connett

Peugeot partner
« on: December 13, 2023, 04:24:54 pm »
Anybody got experience of fitting a tank in a Peugeot partner? Getting a lad up and running that’s bought one . My first thought was it would make not take a 350 or 400l .Will probably fit the tank cage myself and haven’t looked under the van yet . 

Ched

Re: Peugeot partner
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 05:23:49 pm »
Is it the newer shape (2018 onwards)? I have a 2019 Partner and it has a 400lts upright tank in - it was fitted by streamline (I didn't pay for it :-) )  -  images on their website.
I just manage to squeeze gutter poles between tank and bulkhead.
If you are filling via  the lid a 400lts upright tank is a little tricky as the lid is above door level so you would have to maneuverer a pipe sort of up and over tank to reach filler. 

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 05:43:44 pm »
well find out the payload and then you have your answer  ???

richard connett

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 05:47:58 pm »
It’s not always about payload . Sometimes bits and pieces get in the way of bolting it down

richard connett

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 05:50:06 pm »
Looking for people that have done the same not smart arse answers .

richard connett

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 05:57:12 pm »
If you are filling via  the lid a 400lts upright tank is a little tricky as the lid is above door level so you would have to maneuverer a pipe sort of up and over tank to reach filler.

he’s gone and bought one with sliding doors so this might be an issue !

Ched

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 06:32:00 pm »

he’s gone and bought one with sliding doors so this might be an issue !
It is possible to fill via the side door and lid you would just have to twist the nozzle sideways then slide it between the door opening and the top of the tank. Once its past the door opening it's fine. My ro/di is in the van so I don't fill via the lid. As the bulkhead slopes to allow seats to be slightly reclined when the tank is in there is a gap at the bottom of bulkhead so my gutter poles (in bag) do slide in if they are stacked. My tank has a 25mm gap at the front between it and bulkhead. I have seen spreader plates under floor but I think you might need to lower the fuel tank or have very slim hands to get the rear frame bolts and spreader plates in on drivers side. I don't know about the front bolts or even if there is a false floor below bulkhead for the 'car version'.
I'm not sure what the dimension is between rear doors and bulkhead as mine had a hole through for poles. I used downpipe and made them long enough to go all the way into the above sun visor storage area leaving enough head room  for me at 5'10 to sit in passenger seat probably a bit more headroom.
You can just fit through floor rollers (grippa) and keep the spare wheel in position by bending the carrier about 25mm towards drivers side.

richard connett

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 07:51:14 pm »
Cheers ched , thanks for the info . I had a quick look  this morning and I think it will be tight. . It was a typo earlier . He has one without slide doors.  I suppose it will just be a case of thinking everything through and due to this I might just direct him to pure freedom or someone similar that is used to dealing with them .