van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Skip this clean
« on: December 13, 2023, 04:24:35 pm »
They're all coming out the woodwork!

Had two today.

Dumped one as they have done it before and I let them get away with it. Not anymore.

Someone else skipped for the first time. I said I can do it but the next clean will be slightly more. They cancelled.

Upside is they are both ladder jobs which Im slowly getting rid of.

Think a bit of canvassing is in order next year for a top up.

richard connett

Re: Skip this clean
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 04:28:42 pm »
It’s a strange time of year . I think some prioritise buying presents etc etc over window cleaning and some really want clean windows over the holiday. Usually the tips overide the cancellations so I give people a pass.
I get what you mean about ladder jobs though !

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 04:44:45 pm »
Too many skips & it’s an instant dump.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 05:04:15 pm »
If they have a genuine reason not to have them cleaned like building work , decorating etc then that’s fine , but when quoting we always stress we work 12 months of the year and in all  weathers within reason so don’t accept leave it this time it would be an instant dump regardless. It’s very rare that we get this .

High-Tower

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 05:39:58 pm »
You’re not alone, I’ve had several otherwise good customers skip this week already, and I’m sure there will be more to come, just means I’ll be finished for Christmas sooner.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 05:41:57 pm »
Had way more than normal these past few weeks. I started dumping them but then thought maybe i was being a bit hasty. Had a few cancels as well.

NBwcs

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 06:37:12 pm »
I sent a what i would deem a fairly polite text  (couple of months ago) back to one of my new customers who had asked to skip basically saying thats fine this time but please bear in mind for future cleans i will need to be cleaning every time as i have a limit on the amount of customers i can take on and as such cant afford to turn new enquiries away when i have existing customers skipping as it leave me out of pocket, (yeah i know, it doesnt literally but needed to get the point accross )and it obviously pressed her button, her reply was.... ""never in my life have i been made to feel bad for not having the money. We will find another window cleaner thanks"  Ive sent very similar texts out for nearly 20 years  in the same  situation and never provoked a response like that. . I so wanted to say well if your that hard up why are paying someone to clean your windows, no one ever died from dirty windows.. i reflected and remembered we live in an age of social media so opted for a polite, "sorry, it wasnt my intention to cause any offence".. .. some people need to get their priorities sorted.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 07:31:06 pm »
I never get bothered if it's a one off skip as holidays and building work happens.   But when i spot a regular skipper, they are told we only allow a maximum of 2 skips per rolling 12 months.   

I also sometimes tell them they are being moved to less frequent clean rota, with a new increased price to match their average gap.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 07:42:03 pm »
I never get bothered if it's a one off skip as holidays and building work happens.   But when i spot a regular skipper, they are told we only allow a maximum of 2 skips per rolling 12 months.   

I also sometimes tell them they are being moved to less frequent clean rota, with a new increased price to match their average gap.

Any work that becomes adhoc get dropped as soon as I get a replacement, not worth messing up my routine work which runs like clockwork. Don't mind when they are regular and leave a clean or two because of genuine excuses like painting, building an extension or similar.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 07:50:26 pm »
I sent a what i would deem a fairly polite text  (couple of months ago) back to one of my new customers who had asked to skip basically saying thats fine this time but please bear in mind for future cleans i will need to be cleaning every time as i have a limit on the amount of customers i can take on and as such cant afford to turn new enquiries away when i have existing customers skipping as it leave me out of pocket, (yeah i know, it doesnt literally but needed to get the point accross )and it obviously pressed her button, her reply was.... ""never in my life have i been made to feel bad for not having the money. We will find another window cleaner thanks"  Ive sent very similar texts out for nearly 20 years  in the same same situation and never provoked a response like that. . I so wanted to say well if your that hard up why are paying someone to clean your windows, no one ever died from dirty windows.. i reflected and remembered we live in an age of social media so opted for a polite, "sorry, it wasnt my intention to cause any offence".. .. some people need to get their priorities sorted.

lol that would be an instant dump , don’t need customers like that .

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2023, 08:50:28 pm »
I think the customer dumped the window cleaner 🧐

Good save at the end SM can potentially ruin your reputation
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2023, 10:30:27 pm »
I sent a what i would deem a fairly polite text  (couple of months ago) back to one of my new customers who had asked to skip basically saying thats fine this time but please bear in mind for future cleans i will need to be cleaning every time as i have a limit on the amount of customers i can take on and as such cant afford to turn new enquiries away when i have existing customers skipping as it leave me out of pocket, (yeah i know, it doesnt literally but needed to get the point accross )and it obviously pressed her button, her reply was.... ""never in my life have i been made to feel bad for not having the money. We will find another window cleaner thanks"  Ive sent very similar texts out for nearly 20 years  in the same same situation and never provoked a response like that. . I so wanted to say well if your that hard up why are paying someone to clean your windows, no one ever died from dirty windows.. i reflected and remembered we live in an age of social media so opted for a polite, "sorry, it wasnt my intention to cause any offence".. .. some people need to get their priorities sorted.

I would never do this.i just dump.no need for an explanation text....they'll be struggling financially.

New year is a good time to have a clear out.i have 3 jobs I'm going to dump in Jan due to persistent late payment.im sick of chasing them up for payment.
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2023, 10:32:30 am »
I would have definitely put
If I were you I wouldn't get another window cleaner and mess him about perhaps work on improving your financial position before agreeing to services you  cant afford.

f*** em give as good as you get I've been moaned about on social media a few times and it's almost always them who started it haha

Simon Trapani

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2023, 05:02:18 pm »
Stoots I swear you’re my long lost brother or something!🤣🤣🤣I love your posts. I almost always agree🤣

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2023, 05:30:21 pm »
Set out your stall in the beginning.

I don't take skips for holidays, internal work being done or bad weather.

If there is scaffolding for external building work or roof work up is the only reason I regularly accept.
It's a game of three halves!

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2023, 05:49:48 pm »
Things are starting to bite had a couple of winter cancellations and a few none payers from long term customers.
Think I will be a tough year ahead.
Spit and polish

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2023, 06:10:08 pm »
Things are starting to bite had a couple of winter cancellations and a few none payers from long term customers.

Any particular age group or demographic?
It's a game of three halves!

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 06:37:24 pm »
I've had a few skips (normally good customers); I think it's a money thing this time of year.
I'm always polite about it and to be honest I'm a bit behind at the moment, so it actually does me a favour.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NBwcs

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2023, 07:32:13 pm »

Only thing ive really noticed is that tips are very down, and money coming in is a bit slower. Strange as looking at the amount of xmas lights on houses this year compared to last it sort of feels like were heading back to normal, certainly get the impression that the concern about the cost of living isnt any where near as prominent as last year. I should stop trying to predict things though, we've been through a lot over the years and the reality hasn't been any where near as bad as the worrying  that i did  before it. One of these days we might get caught out by an event that none of thought would effect us but does.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2023, 09:17:43 pm »
Picked up a new job today(she seen my van parked up and rang me)

Nice modern detached property.i was going to say £40 but £50 came out of my mouth.she accepted no problem.cleaning them 1 st week in January.easy windows to clean too.30 min job.

You just never lose in this game....
price higher/work harder!