van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tristan R Clean

Pavement parking new laws
« on: December 09, 2023, 08:11:47 pm »
New laws to come into effect with fine for parking on pavements in Scotland.
Will it affect any of you fellas?
There is talk of it coming into force in England.
I know on some of my work it will make things very awkward😬

T

KS Cleaning

Re: Pavement parking new laws
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 12:49:52 am »
Won’t affect me too much, can’t think of anywhere that I park on the pavement at the moment. If the worst came to the worst I would use a customers drive with their permission.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 07:25:47 am »
Chances of being caught quite slim, I’ll just carry on. We’re only there for a few mins at a time.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 08:39:19 am »
Won’t affect me too much, can’t think of anywhere that I park on the pavement at the moment. If the worst came to the worst I would use a customers drive with their permission.

Interesting - never asked for permission to use drive - always took it as read if I’m working on the property I can use the drive
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 09:25:31 am »
I always avoid using pavement.  You see it all the time with the social media police filming vans on pavements.   You'll get linched mobed.  😂

Yet the worst offenders for poor parking using pavements and blocking roads are the school runs.  No one batters an eye lid.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 09:53:31 am »
It's a stupid law.

Outside my house you can legally park on both sides of the road. The road would be blocked but both cars would be legally parked.

Hopefully this is policed with sensible discretion.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

simon w

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 10:20:59 am »
Window Cleaners are the third emergency service civilian rules don't apply to us.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2023, 10:25:31 am »
Window Cleaners are the third emergency service civilian rules don't apply to us.

Who are first, second and fourth?  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 03:29:43 pm »

Interesting - never asked for permission to use drive - always took it as read if I’m working on the property I can use the drive

It is a given. If not it’s a dump😜

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2023, 04:50:23 pm »

Sorry I should have expanded, I meant I would nose into a customers drive then maybe clean a handful of houses from that one drive.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2023, 04:54:52 pm »
I always avoid using pavement.  You see it all the time with the social media police filming vans on pavements.   You'll get linched mobed.  😂

Yet the worst offenders for poor parking using pavements and blocking roads are the school runs.  No one batters an eye lid.
I hope not, you’d get done with assault if you did😜

simon w

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2023, 05:06:13 pm »

Who are first, second and fourth?  ;D

1: RNLI (I spend a lot of time afloat) 2: RSPCA (loves animals) 4: My local Waitrose (loves me grub)

matthewprice

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2023, 05:12:18 pm »
I don’t use customers drive way . Remember a work van got locked in a drive way in a dispute. And as it was a  civil matter we’re unable to move the van . Think it was to do with free holidays if you bought a hoover.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2023, 05:17:22 pm »
I never park on drives unless its the only option. Mainly because its easier to park on the road 9 times out of 10 and my van is big some drives its a squeeze.

tonyoliver

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2023, 05:46:56 pm »
You guys don’t work in London. Last week got a £55 fine The bulge of the tyre was over the curb stone   Fined for pavement parking 
I feel your gonna get what we get in London park on the curb fine  over the line in a parking bay because the van is wider than the bay fine overstay by more than a minute fine red route fine box junction fine  drive over 20 mph fine and points  got three points for going over tower bridge at 23 mph  it’s just a tax for living in London

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2023, 06:17:13 pm »
You guys don’t work in London. Last week got a £55 fine The bulge of the tyre was over the curb stone   Fined for pavement parking 
I feel your gonna get what we get in London park on the curb fine  over the line in a parking bay because the van is wider than the bay fine overstay by more than a minute fine red route fine box junction fine  drive over 20 mph fine and points  got three points for going over tower bridge at 23 mph  it’s just a tax for living in London

Glad we don’t live there 😂😂😂😂

EandM

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2023, 08:16:27 pm »
Fortunately, all of my customers either live in large detached properties or have parking available.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2023, 09:33:27 pm »
Fortunately, all of my customers either live in large detached properties or have parking available.
Welcome back Nigel😜

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2023, 06:53:54 pm »
Is this new law looking to purely punish those who park the majority or even the whole of the vehicle on the pavement?   I'm sure all of us park with two wheels on the curb in narrow roads so this new Scottish rule presumably doesn't stretch to that? 

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2023, 08:59:26 am »
It's impossible not to park half on the pavement most of the time due to narrow roads and the sheer number of vehicles on the road.
price higher/work harder!