This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

deeege

Re: Skippy the bush kangaroo
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2023, 02:08:00 pm »
By the way why are you planning on cleaning 15 first cleans right before xmas?

I never take any new jobs on now until the new year

I didn't intend to get that many. I lost a few jobs and just thought I'd do a few posts on fb and maybe get another 5 or 6 custys to top up ended up with over 30 it just kept coming lol

30 new Facebook customers in December. ;D

Every word is that sentence is a red flag to me.

80 to 90 percent of my round is probably off facebook. All walks of society are on there not just dossers.

That said out of the 30 or so I've picked up ill probably only clean 20 to 25 or them. Quite a few ill turn up to an walk away usually due to access most of them are terraced houses.

Why don’t you target better work Stoots? Terraced houses are a non starter for me too, I’ve never bothered with them, setting up twice…no thanks.

There must be decent larger semis or nice detached in your area? Customers who are willing to pay a bit more for a regular reliable service?

And commercial? 80% of my work is commercial now. Priced higher than any of my domestics and pay in bigger chunks, albeit I have to invoice and wait a bit longer for payment.

From what you post on here it sounds like you target crap work/customers. Would drive me mad dealing with that day in day out.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2023, 03:50:52 pm »
 Quote :  Customers who are willing to pay a bit more for a regular reliable service?

From the impression I get on the Forum thats where the trouble lies...
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 05:09:53 pm »

I didn't intend to get that many. I lost a few jobs and just thought I'd do a few posts on fb and maybe get another 5 or 6 custys to top up ended up with over 30 it just kept coming lol

80 to 90 percent of my round is probably off facebook. All walks of society are on there not just dossers.

That said out of the 30 or so I've picked up ill probably only clean 20 to 25 or them. Quite a few ill turn up to an walk away usually due to access most of them are terraced houses.

Why don’t you target better work Stoots? Terraced houses are a non starter for me too, I’ve never bothered with them, setting up twice…no thanks.

There must be decent larger semis or nice detached in your area? Customers who are willing to pay a bit more for a regular reliable service?

And commercial? 80% of my work is commercial now. Priced higher than any of my domestics and pay in bigger chunks, albeit I have to invoice and wait a bit longer for payment.

From what you post on here it sounds like you target crap work/customers. Would drive me mad dealing with that day in day out.

City where i live is an ex mining one, it very working class in general. Some villages are entirely terraced, plenty of council estates but mainly 3 bed semis. Theres only a few areas with bigger type semis and detached houses.

I work in all these areas and the posher parts with the bigger houses are my least favourites, they are the ones where you find dormers and velux and awkward angles. These areas are also my least profitable.

I much prefer small semis and terraced.

Thing with terraced is its a bit of a lottery, if you can get parked and get ones near the end or next to rear access they are 5 minute jobs on the other hand some right in the middle cant be a total pain, these are the ones i dont bother with i dont do drive round the back jobs.

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2023, 05:18:26 pm »

City where i live is an ex mining one, it very working class in general. Some villages are entirely terraced, plenty of council estates but mainly 3 bed semis. Theres only a few areas with bigger type semis and detached houses.

I work in all these areas and the posher parts with the bigger houses are my least favourites, they are the ones where you find dormers and velux and awkward angles. These areas are also my least profitable.

Thing with terraced is its a bit of a lottery, if you can get parked and get ones near the end or next to rear access they are 5 minute jobs on the other hand some right in the middle cant be a total pain, these are the ones i dont bother with i dont do drive round the back jobs.

I always used to turn away terraced houses thinking they are a pita but after reading a  post by mick Kent I think it was on here he said he did loads of fronts only , so I thought I would try it we now have around 40 Victorian fronts only at £15-18 a go and it’s good money and can do 4-6 per hour taking it really easy , I think of you price it right and have a lot in a row you could do well with just the  fronts , I would give it a try

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2023, 05:36:10 pm »
Mick Kent used to earn at least £100 an hour just cleaning front only terraced houses!

I wonder what happened to him?

He used to do canvassing too.....
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2023, 06:40:03 pm »
Your victorian front prices are the same as my 4 bed with a conny prices haha

Splash & dash

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2023, 06:42:38 pm »
Your victorian front prices are the same as my 4 bed with a conny prices haha

But if you did fronts only and had a lot in a row it’s still good paying work going from one to the next even if your prices are lower due to the area

deeege

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 08:13:15 am »

Can’t think of a single ex-mining City, or do you mean village? Either way I’d much rather build up a round in a more wealthy area even if it meant travelling to work.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."