van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Great gloves
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2023, 04:31:28 pm »
Hot water running through the hose is the answer to cold fingers😉

Bungle

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2023, 05:43:20 pm »
Like most here - ive had loads of gloves - Seal Skinz - thermal - you name it

Every pair gave me cold and frozen fingers. what I did discover was that if my fingers got cold ie - first job of the day without gloves
then warmed them up on the vans heater they then seemed to stay warm for an hour of so at a time

Darran

I wish I could warm my gloves up on the van heater 😥 mine has been blowing cold now for 12 months or more. I had it booked into a garage last winter. Long story short they said it was the matrix and it was a 10 hour job. They said that they'd had the dash out but couldn't get hold of a matrix. They phoned me next day to say they were putting it all back together and a matrix was on order. I didn't believe them so I checked my Dashcam when I got home and all they did was start it up and drive it round the block and left it there all day.  At 8:00 on the night they drove it into the garage for the night. That cost me 2 days off work. I've still got the video footage just in case I ever need to use it against the garage, not that I'll use them ever again. I didn't get charged for their 'work'. If I had I'd have been over the counter.

I bought a cheap plug in heater for the cab. I rest it on my lap and alternate which hand gets warmed up when I'm driving along.

Soon be Spring  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2023, 06:31:38 pm »
Weirdly, when I take my gloves off to write a slip out my hands warm up when I put them back on.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2023, 06:59:44 pm »
I only ever need nitrile gloves in this cold weather due to warm hose and hot water through my brush jets...

I would hate to work in this weather with cold water!hose like wire and cold hands!

Rather you than me lads.....👎
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2023, 05:30:50 pm »
I only ever need nitrile gloves in this cold weather due to warm hose and hot water through my brush jets...

I would hate to work in this weather with cold water!hose like wire and cold hands!

Rather you than me lads.....👎

To be fair that is true the pole hose is ridiculous in this weather you have bend it straight like a pipe cleaner  :D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2023, 09:27:18 pm »
Shows 460s every time. Two pairs for a winter with toasty warm fingers. Difficult to use for the first two cleans of the winter then you get used to them. Made to work at -20. As mentioned above buy a big enough size. If not you crush the insulation and have cold fingers.

Dry them out overnight on radiators with a ball of foil in them to allow the moist air out.

Not cheap but I've never used anything else since I discovered them about 12 years ago.

Vin

NBwcs

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 07:53:25 am »
Shows 460s every time. Two pairs for a winter with toasty warm fingers. Difficult to use for the first two cleans of the winter then you get used to them. Made to work at -20. As mentioned above buy a big enough size. If not you crush the insulation and have cold fingers.

Dry them out overnight on radiators with a ball of foil in them to allow the moist air out.

Not cheap but I've never used anything else since I discovered them about 12 years ago.

Vin

Could you provide a link please.

Soupy

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 07:53:53 am »

Vin

The OP gloves are pretty much 406 copies @ £4 a pair. Got some lads trying them out just now.

So far so good.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

Soupy

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2023, 07:58:57 am »

Vin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384365636442?

Probably available cheaper.

Soupy

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2023, 08:29:05 am »

Vin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384365636442?

Probably available cheaper.

Sorry, dyslexic moment.

https://www.scottdirect.com/showa-sho460-cold-resistant-pvc-gloves?

460s not 406s.

I've tried the 460s (or similar) before, they were too bulky for me.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2023, 04:51:00 pm »

Sorry, dyslexic moment.

460s not 406s.

Those are the ones.

I agree, they feel bulky but as I've said, only for a short while till you're used to them. Then they are exactly the same as any other glove.

They're warm as toast; truly exceptional in that regard. They also pretty much fall off your hands when you need them off as they are quite a loose fit.

I buy two pairs (normally from eBay; if you can wait they come up at daft prices). One pair goes on in the morning until the insides get damp. Then onto the van vent while I wear the other pair. End of the day, onto a radiator held open with either a ball of foil or a tin can with both ends cut off.

I understand they aren't perfect but I never have cold hands in winter.

Vin

Shrek

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2023, 03:12:27 pm »

Vin

Good shout Vin , I ordered a pair and they came yesterday as I dread winter every year. Anything below 5° and I get excruciating pain in my fingers , tried all sorts and bought some over mittens too which did actually work but difficult to grab the hose etc. these showa 460’s  - wow - I wear a pair of nitrile gloves underneath and the heat on my hands is amazing, easy to work with and easy to take off . Thank you 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

DJW

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2023, 05:19:19 pm »

Sorry, dyslexic moment.

460s not 406s.

Those are the ones.

I agree, they feel bulky but as I've said, only for a short while till you're used to them. Then they are exactly the same as any other glove.

They're warm as toast; truly exceptional in that regard. They also pretty much fall off your hands when you need them off as they are quite a loose fit.

I buy two pairs (normally from eBay; if you can wait they come up at daft prices). One pair goes on in the morning until the insides get damp. Then onto the van vent while I wear the other pair. End of the day, onto a radiator held open with either a ball of foil or a tin can with both ends cut off.

I understand they aren't perfect but I never have cold hands in winter.

Vin

Yer but, you wear shorts all year round 😳

Perfect Windows

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 07:20:46 am »

Yer but, you wear shorts all year round 😳

No longer. Hit 60 last year and about the same time the cold started biting so it's long trousers for the middle three months of winter now.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2023, 07:24:23 am »

Good shout Vin , I ordered a pair and they came yesterday as I dread winter every year. Anything below 5° and I get excruciating pain in my fingers , tried all sorts and bought some over mittens too which did actually work but difficult to grab the hose etc. these showa 460’s  - wow - I wear a pair of nitrile gloves underneath and the heat on my hands is amazing, easy to work with and easy to take off . Thank you 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Glad to help. They're amazing gloves.

Top tip, set up a search alert for them on eBay and keep an eye on the alerts when they come in in warmer weather. I bought ten pairs for £40 last spring.

Vin

Viscount

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2023, 07:33:47 pm »
I finally cracked the glove thing. (Back in the past before I was a teacher I tried everything). I bought some bright blue thick rubber gloves like I'm going to work with toxic waste. They're a size too large so there's plenty of air in them. They have a slight fabric lining, but basically just rubber.

They stop the wind - and water and the air warms up. I just tried them on a whim.

NBwcs

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2024, 09:59:40 am »
Thought id give these ago, bit more expensive but claim to be 100% waterproof and available in xl (10). let you know how i get on with them.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/wonder-grip-wg-338-thermo-plus-protective-work-gloves-orange-black-large/746pp

Wore them everyday since posting but now have a hole in the usual place (between thumb and finger) so haven't lasted any longer than sky argon which are much cheaper, so it's a no from me.

harleyman

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2024, 08:39:26 pm »
I've tried alsorts of gloves over the years  I find the water proof ones  all make your hands stink rotten

windowswashed

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2024, 08:41:03 pm »

Very good good gloves used them yesterday for  first day...£4.29 very warm and waterproof  from screwfix bargain

£2 in B&Q

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2024, 08:19:30 am »
I've tried alsorts of gloves over the years  I find the water proof ones  all make your hands stink rotten

You need to wear nitrile gloves underneath to stop it....

I just wear nitrile gloves (and no other gloves)and run my hand under my jets if they get cold
price higher/work harder!