This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Billy clarke

Wfp van for pressure washing
« on: November 19, 2023, 07:17:53 am »
My son is wanting to get into jet  washing . So after a bit of advice, I know Smudger and a couple of others do well in this . Seems 21lpm is the sweet spot for residential. Do they really pump out 21 litres a minute. He has a 500 litre tank which he will use as a feeder tank . Also fill it has he goes from the custys tap . Also can he feed his pressure washer with his 100 metres of 6mm microbore hose . Which he has fixed in his van . Or does it need to be bigger hose . Seems an odd time of year to start . But he’s thinking Black Friday deals , can anyone recommend a good 21lpm washer . Also maybe a good time to buy second hand . Cheers billy.

simon w

Re: Wfp van for pressure washing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 08:41:58 am »

I've got a full set up that's stood me proud since purchase in 2004  :o (Honda engine) try to get it professionally serviced depending on how often we are using it.

If I was buying a new set up now I think I'd get in touch with Rutland Pumps and ask their help with a set up that suits your best needs.

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/pressurewashers.html

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 01:36:24 pm »
You will need 3/4 bore hose to feed the p/w I also recommend 3/4 over 1/2 from the customers tap to the tank.

Is your p/w mobile or fixed in van?
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Billy clarke

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 02:21:36 pm »
He is wanting to have it mobile . His b main income is windows , but wants to give this a go .

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 02:59:23 pm »
How’s he going to move a 500 litre tank about?

Better off with a converted wheelie bin

If your looking at buying new - you can’t beat Honda but pay for there name  - lonchin and lifan  are copies that have proved to b reliable at half the price - while the engine is important the pump is key - Interpump ws202 - solid and reliable
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Billy clarke

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 03:30:54 pm »
His tank is bolted in the van . Can you feed the pressure washer with the tank outlet . Just bypass the wfp pump .

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 03:54:37 pm »
Anything is possible - depends on how complicated you want to make it - as said you will need 3/4 pipe to feed the p/w - you don’t need to use the outlet tho - you can drop the pipe in from the top and draw that way 

Using the wfp tank I take it you are di after the tank to reduce tds also you are effectively tieing the p/w to the van - which isn’t a problem just make sure you have 40 to50 meters of h/p hose

Billy clarke

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 04:09:58 pm »
That sounds good . No di or ro in the van , just tank , pump and reel all fixed in . He pumps his pure in from our static tank in the garden . Should have explained better . He wants to pull up at job , lift the p/w out of the van . Hose from tank to p/w . Like you say 50 metres of high pressure hose to the p/w and away he goes . Is that an easy way to go . ?

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2023, 04:22:21 pm »
so what's he going to do when the tank is filled with tap water ?

500 litres will not be enough water for most jobs

Billy clarke

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2023, 04:29:33 pm »
He doesn’t have enough room for a wheelie bin in the van . Keep filling his van with hose from the custys tap.  As I assume most custys tap pressure isn’t enough to plug straight into the p/w .

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2023, 05:24:59 pm »
Not a 21 lpm m/c

Could drop down to 15 lpm - that will run off mains tap

It’s also smaller m/c and could be better to start with until your happy it’s going to work out then upgrade

You need a lot of room once you go down the p/w route

Billy clarke

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2023, 06:21:48 pm »
I will tell him to look at the 15 lpm . Should be good enough for him . He’s only wanting to fill the odd Friday and Saturday at the moment. Just small patios and drives . Thanks for the help and good advice as usual darran .

Rob.Hall

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2023, 06:28:03 pm »
Rutland Pumps fantastic.
Equip to Clean did have Black Friday deals on.
Whirlaway is useful as well for PW.

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2023, 06:31:20 pm »
If you are filling the tank in the van all the time whilst pw you should be ok unless tap pressure is very low , we use a 240 ltr wheely bin and that works fine provided it’s full when you start and tap pressure is good if not just stop now and again let it top up whilst moving stuff around , 21 ltr is better than the 15 for speed of rinsing if you can afford it

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2023, 06:56:07 pm »
Splash - please just read the posts 🙄

And you will understand why a 15 lpm maybe the best way forward in this case

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2023, 07:06:06 pm »
Splash - please just read the posts 🙄

And you will understand why a 15 lpm maybe the best way forward in this case

Have re read it think i have got it right 😂😂😂 small drives I agree but again I would look to the future with expansion and buy something that will cover all eventualities in the future , price difference isn’t a lot between the 15-21 ltr machines and you can throttle it back if you don’t want full power , am I wrong with that ?

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2023, 07:12:32 pm »

No space for a tank
21 ltr machines can only draw from a tank ( mains supply may not feed the machine or can damage customers pipework )

or would you recommend filling his pure water tank with water ?

so 15 Ltr is a good toe in the water option

Billy clarke

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2023, 07:21:11 pm »
Rutland Pumps fantastic.
Equip to Clean did have Black Friday deals on.
Whirlaway is useful as well for PW.
I will check them out thanks .

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2023, 07:37:54 pm »

No space for a tank
21 ltr machines can only draw from a tank ( mains supply may not feed the machine or can damage customers pipework )

or would you recommend filling his pure water tank with water ?

so 15 Ltr is a good toe in the water option

Original post says he’s going to use the 500 ltr tank and top that up with garden hose ? Not ideal putting tap water in a pure tank I agree but I know ones that do do that . Most people have a dustbin or wheely bin for rubbish again not ideal but surely with prior arrangements with the customer that could be an option , I found that mains tap to a 15 ltr wasn’t very successful on a lot of jobs due to poor pressure also think it’s illegal to draw more than 12 ltr per muinit from a domestic supply ?..we found it was easier to run a 21 ltr from a bin than rely on tap pressure of a smaller machine   But there are many ways it can be done just personal preference

Matt.

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2023, 12:32:51 pm »
Using the wfp tank for pressure washing is absolutely fine this will not affect the pure water afterwards, I just drain out what’s left or run it through a di vessel to clean what’s in there, check my water all the time and the odd time it’s 002 but I get this from spotless water at 002 anyway.

Equip to clean are not good to buy from they are all Chinese copies and although u think ur getting a good deal it will brake very quick

I have my van which is trafic van with wfp set up and pressure washing 650 tank

But also have 2 partner vans set up the same with 350 and 400 tanks

Used Ben at Rutland used Conrad at ac but now just get a machine built by seddons engineering not far from ac pressure washers

I would never set a machine up that only ran off a tap at some point the tap is to far or for what every reason just look at the tank set up rather than tap fed as this will have limited use

15 or 21 lpm I don’t no prob for domestic 15 be plenty but with 21 lpm u get 200bar normally  with 15 lpm u get 250 bar so depends what u want from ur machine …..

The feeder hose should come with a set up even a used set up would come with a feeder hose and is usually about 2-3 metres long when u buy it