van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Moving house
« on: November 15, 2023, 08:58:06 pm »
I'm currently di only with tap water at 90ppm but will be moving to water area of 170ppm next year. I assume its no longer worth Di only at that rate as 100 ppm seems to be cost cut off from what I've read here . What's best ro for me to get or how do I get started with it?

Smudger

Re: Moving house
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 09:15:01 pm »
It depends on your daily water usage.

If its between 500 and a 1000 per day then a merlin is a great simple RO that will produce water quickly with little hassle -
add a booster pump and you would be looking at 90 L/P/H and a TDS of 003.

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Greta

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 09:17:31 pm »
I would have a chat with the chap from Daqua.
Call me Greta.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 09:27:28 pm »

If its between 500 and a 1000 per day then a merlin is a great simple RO that will produce water quickly with little hassle -

If you want 1000 ltr a day a 4040 is a much better option Merlin’s are designed for aquariums not window  cleaners 😂😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 09:34:11 pm »
It’s a big step up and not so straight forward going to a 4040

My old Merlin used to pump out 1000 litres day in day out for years 👍
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 09:38:24 pm »

If you want 1000 ltr a day a 4040 is a much better option Merlin’s are designed for aquariums not window  cleaners 😂😂😂😂

I think your getting confused in your old age with those silly RO man 400 gpd efforts 🤪

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 09:55:22 pm »

I think your getting confused in your old age with those silly RO man 400 gpd efforts 🤪

😂😂😂 Merlin’s we’re designed for  fish keepers that wanted 20-50 gallons of water  and have been around for donkeys years before WFP  , window cleaners just started using them as a cheap option to get pure water but they aren’t designed to produce hundreds or thousands of ltr of water per week . A 4040  set up is very simple to do it’s just a much bigger version of the Merlin , you can buy pre made setups that you just plug your hose into it and away you go ., giving  much better water quality, larger volume of water in a shorter time and filters don’t need changing so often , a Merlin filter is tiny there is no way that they will produce the volume of water suitable  for our application over a long period of time .

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 09:56:14 pm »

There isn’t much difference between the two

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 10:16:53 pm »
Sorry your wrong - from experience I know they are a great intermediary step - ideal for a one van business 

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 10:33:36 pm »
Sorry your wrong - from experience I know they are a great intermediary step - ideal for a one van business

We will have to agree to disagree, they will produce small amounts of water yes but not larger amounts to high purity for months or years on end without constant maintenance, you don’t need to be a rocket Scientist be able to see that from the size of the filter housings and membrane size compared to a 4040 type of set up . For joe bloggs cleaning a handful of awkward Windows with a pole they are ok , for  someone doing hundreds of houses a  month totally  unsuitable , just ask any filtration supplier that knows what they are talking bout they will all tell you the same thing .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 10:42:29 pm »

Mine has supplied me and one other window cleaner just fine for the last ten years.
It's a game of three halves!

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 11:09:17 pm »

Mine has supplied me and one other window cleaner just fine for the last ten years.

How much water do you use per week ? And how often do you change the membranes ?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2023, 12:44:17 am »
Membranes annually to 15 months.
1 bag of resin 25kg per year
10" sediment filter every 77,000 litres
Carbon filter every 38500 litres (total)  or it prematurely kills the membranes.

Input about 300 ppm output starts below 20, drops below 10 after a week and gradually rises and I change at about 18.

We use about 3000 litres a week (6000 to waste) and store at about 3 to 10 ppm.

Neither of us carry resin on our van.

No water meter.

My input changes when there are dry periods  in the feeds to Bristol. It can be as low as 250 following a lot of rain and as high as 350 in prolonged dry periods.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2023, 08:13:11 am »
How long does it take to fill a 500L tank using an RO?

My missus tap water is around 125 where mine is 026....

I really don't fancy using an RO to purify my water as I've only ever used  DI vessels in 13 years of WFP.

It currently takes around 30 mins to fill mine using DI only.

Can i just buy an RO on wheels that can be stored in a garage and hooked up to my van after work in the evenings?(missus has outside tap and drain next to garage door).
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2023, 09:27:12 am »

I really don't fancy using an RO to purify my water as I've only ever used  DI vessels in 13 years of WFP.

Can i just buy an RO on wheels that can be stored in a garage and hooked up to my van after work in the evenings?(missus has outside tap and drain next to garage door).

Exactly what I did when my water TDS went from 029 to 350 overnight Daz.

I bought a pure freedom static system, about £1000 at the time. Has 2 x prefilters, RO, inline TDS reader and resin vesin. Put it in the garage and ran a water supply to it. It takes about 75 minutes to fill 450 litres from empty and I use 2 bags of resin a year.

https://purefreedom.co.uk/products/high-volume-reverse-osmosis-systems?variant=43397736825006

Edit about £900 now assuming no booster pump needed.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Soupy

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2023, 10:43:34 am »
If you get a static ro tank and a decent transfer pump, you'll fill a 500l tank in 5 minutes.

That is; it fills your static tank slowly, either over night or when you're at work, then you pump from your tank to your van.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2023, 10:51:13 am »
Splash -
Sometimes it might be better to accept another point of view esp. when they have actual experience

Please don’t keep going down the Nigel route of know it all ness 👍

Don Kee

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2023, 04:51:57 pm »

I’d be tempted to stick with DI only at 125 ppm, maybe go double DI to maximise the resin.

For a static setup you’d have to find somewhere at your mrs’s place to house an IBC and RO setup (with the booster making noise). She might not like that?
And direct to van tank with a 4040 or merlin would be a ballache (even if you install an auto shut off).

Just for clarification though because you asked, my 4040 will fill the IBC (1000litres) in around 6/7 hours from empty depending on temperature.
The takes around 10mins to transfer the water to 650 van tank from empty.
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2023, 06:05:16 pm »
Cheers chaps...I've not decided what to do yet.i might just use 2 × 25L DI vessels and see how long my resin lasts...
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2023, 06:37:43 pm »
Membranes annually to 15 months.
1 bag of resin 25kg per year
10" sediment filter every 77,000 litres
Carbon filter every 38500 litres (total)  or it prematurely kills the membranes.

Input about 300 ppm output starts below 20, drops below 10 after a week and gradually rises and I change at about 18.

We use about 3000 litres a week (6000 to waste) and store at about 3 to 10 ppm.

Neither of us carry resin on our van.

No water meter.

My input changes when there are dry periods  in the feeds to Bristol. It can be as low as 250 following a lot of rain and as high as 350 in prolonged dry periods.

Ime very surprised you only use one bag of resin a year with those readings  using that amount of water , but we always use 000 once we get a reading of 003 we change the resin .