This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: Solal panel prices
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2023, 03:05:32 pm »
I think once he has cleaned them himself, he'll realise what a complete pain they are to do; especially working off a ladder, at height, for an hour or two.
A while back I quoted for a fsg job (the back had a large conservatory) but the customer wasn't happy with the price and said her husband would do them, and he had been looking online for a pole with a brush, that plugs into their outside tap.
8 weeks later I returned to do the windows and he had indeed cleaned them, but the wife said he would never clean them again as it was such hard work!
That's why the price is the price.
I only clean them on bungalows now...(fsg and sp) and I have to be in the mood!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2023, 04:02:32 pm »
I think my scraper is similar to the one splash made

16 inch channel fitted with a plastic insert - I have a rinse bar so no dry scraping

Solars are very tough
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Ggh

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2023, 10:12:10 am »
Scaffold tower, pasma and fuel cost money.

Cleaning from a ladder is frankly stupid.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

NBwcs

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2023, 11:27:14 am »
"cleaning from a ladder is frankly stupid"

Couldn't agree more, particularly in the rain.

Slacky

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2023, 10:06:23 pm »
Sounds like if you go in at £250 then everybody’s happy.  Even if they aren’t too bad 18 panels is not a quick job in my opinion .
I have a question though for those that do a lot of solars- us there any solution for lichen or does it have to be scraped off?

Pressure washer. Wouldn’t do a solar panel cleaning job with lichen any other way. From the ground with a brush you won’t touch lichen.

I was doing 15/20 panel solar cleaning jobs at the start of the year for £350/£400. Off a tower.

Slacky

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2023, 10:07:35 pm »
Good luck cleaning them off a ladder. He’ll find out why it’s so expensive once he’s got that ladder resting on the gutter.