This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trevor povey

Atrium Clean
« on: October 02, 2023, 08:54:23 pm »
Looking at an atrium clean on a office development .OK at getting most of the windows jfrom a small ladder and other from the staircase with either mop n squeeze or unger cleaning kit theres just a few that are high... question is have lads in the past used wfp on the odd couple of windows...low flow rate  with a trolly ..fan jets..there's not any decorated walls near the windows concerned...

Smudger

Re: Atrium Clean
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 09:02:35 pm »
Good luck with that....

use internal pads on long pole

or

get in some access equipment
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 12:49:09 am »
I can remember years ago Ionics had a reach and wash pole with a hoover that sucked up the water as you poled, don't know if they are still on the market, wasn't cheap when they brought it out but then they were previously Over The Top with pricing.

aws

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 11:09:36 am »
Someone is showing their age  :)
I think they're still Over The  Top with their pricing now. Good kit though.

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 06:26:11 pm »
Maybe it would be okay to do just the odd few windows inside with the WFP.   If going down that route though, it'd probably be best to run it past the customer first and put some old blankets or sheets down or something to soak up much of the run off or drips. 

As already mentioned, I think there is a internal WFP system on the market or at least there was at one time.  I have a memory of something called the Dragon Fly but it was pretty expensive.  Only worth getting if you'd use it a lot.   

Mattymarske

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2023, 10:46:04 pm »
https://youtu.be/czhmh_zGJBM?si=2BK-50Yb-F08ye-g

If you want overpriced gear there's the year old Phantom Mod set up from Facelift/Window Cleaning Warehouse. Still need 2nd operator to soap up the window then the vac head attachment squeegee's solution and sucks up drips 🤦

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 07:29:13 am »
Dare I suggest a footed ladder?
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 07:33:57 am »

If you want overpriced gear there's the year old Phantom Mod set up from Facelift/Window Cleaning Warehouse. Still need 2nd operator to soap up the window then the vac head attachment squeegee's solution and sucks up drips 🤦

However, if you specialize I imagine this might be cost effective. Especially as it attaches to readily available vacs.

Anyone know what they cost?
It's a game of three halves!

S.A.J

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2023, 09:07:00 am »

However, if you specialize I imagine this might be cost effective. Especially as it attaches to readily available vacs.

If you have a vac just this I think

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/facelift®-phantom-mod-vak-head-adapter?variant=39925615525948

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 10:20:22 am »
Looking at an atrium clean on a office development .OK at getting most of the windows jfrom a small ladder and other from the staircase with either mop n squeeze or unger cleaning kit theres just a few that are high... question is have lads in the past used wfp on the odd couple of windows...low flow rate  with a trolly ..fan jets..there's not any decorated walls near the windows concerned...

We did 2 atriums on our local high school. The school provided a 3 section ladder for the entrance atrium, and a tower for the main atrium. We provided harnesses.
One of the window cleaners did what was ICI, and they used wfp with absorbent mats on the floor.

Our school atrium was full of wiring in the frames for lights, door alarms and other things. We couldn't employ the same tactic, although I looked at the idea very carefully.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Mattymarske

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 10:06:55 pm »

Whole host of replacement/additional parts. Shortest pole kit and Vak head about a grand.