This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Re: Do you give yourself holidays ?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2023, 08:47:59 pm »
I use George software and have  factored in 36 days payed holiday a year,so sometimes I can be a week early then have two weeks off ,so one week paid as work already done,when I come back from hols , i,just  crack on and get in front again and so on.
I've done this for years and customers don't know any different.
Most of my work is six weekly so being n front is not really noticed,I do however do 4 weekly customers on there due date
It's works for me

So what you're saying is you're not full?
We look at them, they look through them.

colin bird

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2023, 05:57:24 am »
I use George software and have  factored in 36 days payed holiday a year,so sometimes I can be a week early then have two weeks off ,so one week paid as work already done,when I come back from hols , i,just  crack on and get in front again and so on.
I've done this for years and customers don't know any different.
Most of my work is six weekly so being n front is not really noticed,I do however do 4 weekly customers on there due date
It's works for me

So what you're saying is you're not full?

450 customers  I work bid days,not going to put my turnover on here

DJW

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2023, 08:57:37 am »
I’m giving myself a holiday today! I deserve it and besides the forecast isn’t great 😊

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2023, 09:04:05 am »
Nope , I take 2 weeks off at Christmas then usually 1 week a year holiday and the odd forced day off due to it chuckin it down . Although I’m having mon - wed off this week due to heavy rain!! Other than that it’s usually 5 days a week plus Saturday mornings… can’t complain really , I actually like my job

I worked in rain today and will tomorrow. I don't particularly like the job and I'd rather work in rain than work 5 days a week but in a way I'm jealous. If I liked the job and worked 6 days a week I'd probably be able to afford more holidays  ;D

I don’t mind working in passing rain (maybe for an hour or so) but you know what it’s like up north, it rains a lot  - if it’s due to pee it down for a whole day I just can’t get into the mood of working, knowing il be drenched by 8:30am 😫. Tomorrow and Wednesday chucking it down all day so back at it on Thursday. Netflix, workout at home with my dumbbells and chill out…  it’s been a while since I took 3 days off due to the weather though

Im quite happy to work in the rain, infact id rather work in rain than heat, i find i can clean quicker and being wet doesnt bother me. I do worry what the customers might think though thats the only reason i wont work when its really heavy.

The thought of starting a week on a thursday doesnt sit well with me, im not sure if i could be bothered, by thursday im ready to pack in for the week. I think in that situation if i was to sit out monday to weds i would just call it a draw and have the whole week off.

I think it’s because we run things differently, you are behind schedule and I have never failed to get all customers cleaned so far in any given month. Iv still got Thursday- Saturday this week so it’s all good. Next weeks a better week 🙂

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2023, 10:39:22 am »
I have at least 5 weeks off a year.

1 week at Xmas(at least)Usually 10 days
2 one week holidays abroad
2 weeks off just chilling at home and a few weekends away.

I'm in Lanzarote now (we fly home on Thursday)but I won't go back to work until monday so 11 days off altogether.

It's been very enjoyable and relaxing and it'll be my last holiday until my xmas break.

Get much action with the fit Mrs?

Of course...every day while on holiday  ;D

Been doing a fair bit of walking,swimming,cycling too and im just about to go and do my 3rd weight training session of the holiday in the hotel gym soon then after lunch we will just chill by the outdoor Jacuzzis for a few hours and get the last bit of 🌞
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2023, 10:44:03 am »
My working week is mon-thurs these days(6hrs per day)...sometimes less.

3 day weekends are my choice

I currently have 324 jobs....I've never been full with work since my trad days which is over 14 years ago now!🙂

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2023, 11:10:32 am »

Lovely day here.just had breakfast...

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2023, 11:25:05 am »
That's some contrast to here daz. Slinging it down sideways first thing. Overcast, dark and miserable.

But at least it's not red hot.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2023, 03:28:19 pm »

27c here which is perfect under the palm trees....

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2023, 03:45:37 pm »
I have at least 5 weeks off a year.

1 week at Xmas(at least)Usually 10 days
2 one week holidays abroad
2 weeks off just chilling at home and a few weekends away.

I'm in Lanzarote now (we fly home on Thursday)but I won't go back to work until monday so 11 days off altogether.

It's been very enjoyable and relaxing and it'll be my last holiday until my xmas break.

Get much action with the fit Mrs?

Of course...every day while on holiday  ;D

Been doing a fair bit of walking,swimming,cycling too and im just about to go and do my 3rd weight training session of the holiday in the hotel gym soon then after lunch we will just chill by the outdoor Jacuzzis for a few hours and get the last bit of 🌞

D’you ever have it off in the gym?

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2023, 03:46:09 pm »

27c here which is perfect under the palm trees....

That looks nice. Much talent?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2023, 05:28:16 pm »
Between 4-6 weeks a year we have normal plus a few weekends

gone down to working monday to thursday only with the few odd fridays  thrown in

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2023, 07:14:23 pm »
Between 4-6 weeks a year we have normal plus a few weekends

gone down to working monday to thursday only with the few odd fridays  thrown in

How are you these days Frankie?(after the horrible bike accident from a few years ago)...

Phil J

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2023, 07:52:19 pm »
I'm off to Ibiza on Saturday for three weeks, can't wait!!!

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2023, 01:58:02 pm »
I've actually been trying to trim down to 3 days a week. Managed it  twice out of the last 3 week and it's made a big difference to my enery levels and enthusiasm for the job . This week due to rain ive had to work today but nevermind all done now.  Fishing tomorrow.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2023, 10:54:21 am »
Just booked another holiday yesterday to Ibiza for next year.5 star hotel of course. ;D

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2023, 01:26:32 pm »
I'm off to Ibiza on Saturday for three weeks, can't wait!!!

How come you go away for 3 weeks?a week or 10 days abroad and I'm ready to come home and go back to work.

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2023, 01:37:28 pm »
Other than giving myself 3-5 days at Christmas, I don't have any holidays at all.   It's been this way since I started in 2006.   

Why?do you not like taking a holiday/break for a few days?

DJW

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2023, 03:52:03 pm »
I don’t take holidays either. Passport has run out too.
Prefer weekend breaks in uk. Can’t stand the hassle of flying etc only to sit by a pool for two weeks doing nothing. Been there done it, just find it boring waste of money to be honest. Most med countries are pretty much the same. Most package type holiday makers seem to all come out of the same mould!

deeege

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2023, 09:33:28 pm »
I don’t take holidays either. Passport has run out too.
Prefer weekend breaks in uk. Can’t stand the hassle of flying etc only to sit by a pool for two weeks doing nothing. Been there done it, just find it boring waste of money to be honest.  ;DMost med countries are pretty much the same. Most package type holiday makers seem to all come out of the same mould!

Gotta be a joke this. You do know there’s more to do than this don’t you? Can’t believe you’ve just typed this yet constantly take the p out of Daz and his bath of beans.  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."