This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Do you give yourself holidays ?
« on: September 18, 2023, 06:02:42 pm »
I know people go on holiday and i know we all have days off when we like on top of forced days off such as illness or bad weather

But what i mean is (solo guys) do you consciously give yourself so many week off a year ? and make sure you take it? Just have a week off for the sake of a week off to relax rather than for anything in particular ?

Only asking because i just realised ive only had 1 week off this year in May, before that it was a week for christmas....If i dont go away on holiday i dont really just take a week off and have been like this for a few years now.

Dont get me wrong i dont work fridays and i have the odd random day off but its only usually when forced or i have an appointment etc

Bungle

Re: Do you give yourself holidays ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 06:22:46 pm »
I'm on holiday a lot. I'm currently at least 4 weeks behind with my work. I'm off to Portugal next week for 5 days to watch the WSBK. Only staying in a 3* AI though  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 06:30:08 pm »
Other than giving myself 3-5 days at Christmas, I don't have any holidays at all.   It's been this way since I started in 2006.     

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 06:36:07 pm »
I have time off to go away on holidays but not to just bum around the house. I've often thought about it but a days pay is too good to turn down.

I don't work long hours though. I don't think I could physically or mentally clean windows for eight hours a day every day.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 06:38:15 pm »
 Only when we have a holiday, but we’ve been to center parcs 4 times this year.

Never take a week off to do nothing, but do take days off here and there…

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 06:50:48 pm »
Im away on Sunday, staying in a 4* tin of Baked Beans.

DJW

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 07:47:58 pm »
I go away four times a year with my hobby.
Gym spotting.

deeege

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 08:12:12 pm »
I only really have time off for holidays. Always 3 weeks in summer, 1 week in May, 1 week in October and 1 week at Christmas.  Apart from that it’s pretty much 5 days per week with the occasional weekend worked too.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 08:30:22 pm »
Nope , I take 2 weeks off at Christmas then usually 1 week a year holiday and the odd forced day off due to it chuckin it down . Although I’m having mon - wed off this week due to heavy rain!! Other than that it’s usually 5 days a week plus Saturday mornings… can’t complain really , I actually like my job

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 08:44:40 pm »
Two weeks Xmas, week at Easter and two to three weeks during the summer. Happy work, life balance, too much work and no play would send me bonkers, need a break from the routine regularly.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 09:43:44 pm »
Nope , I take 2 weeks off at Christmas then usually 1 week a year holiday and the odd forced day off due to it chuckin it down . Although I’m having mon - wed off this week due to heavy rain!! Other than that it’s usually 5 days a week plus Saturday mornings… can’t complain really , I actually like my job

I worked in rain today and will tomorrow. I don't particularly like the job and I'd rather work in rain than work 5 days a week but in a way I'm jealous. If I liked the job and worked 6 days a week I'd probably be able to afford more holidays  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 09:52:11 pm »

I worked in rain today and will tomorrow. I don't particularly like the job and I'd rather work in rain than work 5 days a week but in a way I'm jealous. If I liked the job and worked 6 days a week I'd probably be able to afford more holidays  ;D

I don’t mind working in passing rain (maybe for an hour or so) but you know what it’s like up north, it rains a lot  - if it’s due to pee it down for a whole day I just can’t get into the mood of working, knowing il be drenched by 8:30am 😫. Tomorrow and Wednesday chucking it down all day so back at it on Thursday. Netflix, workout at home with my dumbbells and chill out…  it’s been a while since I took 3 days off due to the weather though

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2023, 06:34:02 am »
I always take about 2 weeks off in the summer months, this Friday me and the wife are going on a 2 week cruise around the Canary Islands, the best thing about it is we don't need to fly as we live in Southampton (20 mins from the docks) and my mate is going to drop us off and pick us up when we return in his Rolls Royce.

zesty

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2023, 07:17:44 am »
A lot of it depends on your current life circumstances.

Before we had kids, we’d jet off 3 times a year without fail, plus weekend breaks in the uk.

Now I’ve got two toddlers, 3 and nearly 2, we go to center parcs regularly throughout the year.

We’ve seen a big change in our holiday routines, but it’s for a season. We love taking the kids to center parcs, they have so much fun. We also go with friends who have kids the same age.

I don’t take time off just to mince about, I find the hours are so good in this job, you don’t really need much time off other than holidays…

I’m also busier than ever, so it’s hard to take too much time off without getting behind.

All that said, if I feel my body is in need of a break, I.e I’m starting to feel really tired, then I will take a Monday off to have a long weekend - that’s rare though.

Overall, the joy of having kids far outweighs the holidays as a couple. It’s blooming hard work, but my word does it reward you.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 08:05:40 am »
I aim to work 46 weeks a year.
It's easy to be flat and not taking time  out. Been there!
By getting prices right, being organised/disaplined and working in the rain, (if not blowing a hurricane), I find it possible.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2023, 06:04:39 pm »

I don’t mind working in passing rain (maybe for an hour or so) but you know what it’s like up north, it rains a lot  - if it’s due to pee it down for a whole day I just can’t get into the mood of working, knowing il be drenched by 8:30am 😫. Tomorrow and Wednesday chucking it down all day so back at it on Thursday. Netflix, workout at home with my dumbbells and chill out…  it’s been a while since I took 3 days off due to the weather though

Im quite happy to work in the rain, infact id rather work in rain than heat, i find i can clean quicker and being wet doesnt bother me. I do worry what the customers might think though thats the only reason i wont work when its really heavy.

The thought of starting a week on a thursday doesnt sit well with me, im not sure if i could be bothered, by thursday im ready to pack in for the week. I think in that situation if i was to sit out monday to weds i would just call it a draw and have the whole week off.

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2023, 06:10:50 pm »
A lot of it depends on your current life circumstances.

Before we had kids, we’d jet off 3 times a year without fail, plus weekend breaks in the uk.

Now I’ve got two toddlers, 3 and nearly 2, we go to center parcs regularly throughout the year.

We’ve seen a big change in our holiday routines, but it’s for a season. We love taking the kids to center parcs, they have so much fun. We also go with friends who have kids the same age.

I don’t take time off just to mince about, I find the hours are so good in this job, you don’t really need much time off other than holidays…

I’m also busier than ever, so it’s hard to take too much time off without getting behind.

All that said, if I feel my body is in need of a break, I.e I’m starting to feel really tired, then I will take a Monday off to have a long weekend - that’s rare though.

Overall, the joy of having kids far outweighs the holidays as a couple. It’s blooming hard work, but my word does it reward you.

My oldest is 18 and youngest 5 so ive known nothing other than holidays with kids really. Only been abroad once as an adult without kids so i cant really remember the joys of being child free.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2023, 06:17:05 pm »
I have at least 5 weeks off a year.

1 week at Xmas(at least)Usually 10 days
2 one week holidays abroad
2 weeks off just chilling at home and a few weekends away.

I'm in Lanzarote now (we fly home on Thursday)but I won't go back to work until monday so 11 days off altogether.

It's been very enjoyable and relaxing and it'll be my last holiday until my xmas break.
price higher/work harder!

Bungle

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2023, 06:57:26 pm »
I have at least 5 weeks off a year.

1 week at Xmas(at least)Usually 10 days
2 one week holidays abroad
2 weeks off just chilling at home and a few weekends away.

I'm in Lanzarote now (we fly home on Thursday)but I won't go back to work until monday so 11 days off altogether.

It's been very enjoyable and relaxing and it'll be my last holiday until my xmas break.

Get much action with the fit Mrs?
We look at them, they look through them.

colin bird

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2023, 08:30:02 pm »
I use George software and have  factored in 36 days payed holiday a year,so sometimes I can be a week early then have two weeks off ,so one week paid as work already done,when I come back from hols , i,just  crack on and get in front again and so on.
I've done this for years and customers don't know any different.
Most of my work is six weekly so being n front is not really noticed,I do however do 4 weekly customers on there due date
It's works for me