van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ched

Re: Electric vans/vehicles
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2023, 10:36:35 pm »
Transporter has a 82 mile range.
That's why nobody wants them.
You'd be lucky to get 60 miles per charge on 1 realistically.
Plus a maximum speed of 56mph!

matthewprice

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2023, 10:52:16 pm »
What worries me is the many start stop I do . If it’s like a diesel it takes a big boost to start  and with 500 l tank . What is a real life estimate per charge

AuRavelling79

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2023, 11:04:07 pm »
What worries me is the many start stop I do . If it’s like a diesel it takes a big boost to start  and with 500 l tank . What is a real life estimate per charge

Actually it's the starting battery in ICE vehicle that gives the energy to start. Pulling away is where the engine/motor kicks in.

But yes, pulling away and very short journeys proportionately take more energy than rolling in the 30/50 mph range.

My diesel does high 20's when stopping and starting for work up to high 30's for a 60/65 mph run.

The laws of physics tell me that give or take an electric would be proportionate.

So if my battery gave 200 miles under perfect conditions, 160 under real life conditions and 120 under arduous conditions that would be equivalent to diesel 40 mpg under perfect conditions, 32 mpg under real life easy going conditions and 26 mpg under start stop short journeys.

It's a game of three halves!

Soupy

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2023, 08:37:50 am »
Transporter has a 82 mile range.
That's why nobody wants them.
You'd be lucky to get 60 miles per charge on 1 realistically.
Plus a maximum speed of 56mph!

Our Vito's had that. We got it removed. It was dangerous.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

tonyoliver

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2023, 01:49:04 pm »
This is my Jaguar  no electric for me yet

tonyoliver

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2023, 01:50:03 pm »
Electric motor under the bonnet

AuRavelling79

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2023, 02:12:51 pm »
This is my Jaguar  no electric for me yet

That is stunning! Tell us more about it.

tonyoliver

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2023, 02:59:03 pm »
It’s a 1958 xk 150 3.4 138 mph  ex lemans racer monster from the 1950s   Same engine as the  e type you were something if you could afford /drive one of these. I  have had it for 30 years  but don’t get much chance to drive it sometimes just go in the garage and sit and drink in the smell of leather petrol and old car smells if you have an old car you’ll know what I mean and no battery  car can ever take the place of the sound track these make

Soupy

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2023, 03:22:46 pm »
It’s a 1958 xk 150 3.4 138 mph  ex lemans racer monster from the 1950s   Same engine as the  e type you were something if you could afford /drive one of these. I  have had it for 30 years  but don’t get much chance to drive it sometimes just go in the garage and sit and drink in the smell of leather petrol and old car smells if you have an old car you’ll know what I mean and no battery  car can ever take the place of the sound track these make

And neither they should.

A utility vehicle like a van however...
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Ggh

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2023, 04:06:27 pm »
Until they build one that has a 1400kg payload and has range of 300 miles, waste of time.

1400kg payload? How big is your tank?

1000litre in 4 transit 350s
650 in custom
350 berlingo
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Splash & dash

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2023, 09:50:18 pm »
Regarding the fires statistics......most petrol/diesel car fires are by malicious ignition.....would imagine most EV fires are fault fires.

That’s not the case most petrol or diesel fires are electrical faults or fuel leaks , arson is a very low figure . Ev fires are rare but that’s partly due to very low numbers of them compared to petrol/ diesel , they are also very difficult to extinguish.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2023, 09:50:47 pm »
A bit of breathing space... ( if that's the right expression  ;D )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66857551.amp

DJW

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2023, 09:57:17 am »
Lithium batteries are fitted to a lot of boats these days usually by the owner. Some insurance companies are quite jittery over the fire risk of them.

robert mitchell

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2023, 07:30:42 pm »
Regarding the fires statistics......most petrol/diesel car fires are by malicious ignition.....would imagine most EV fires are fault fires.

J and s is absolutely right above , you wont likely find the stats very easily but any firemen knows from experience that the majority of car fires are malicious on petrol/diesel .  The big danger with electric cars is that you can't put them out, some brigades now have a hiab with a skip full of water on the back to fully submerse vehicle for 24hrs.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Splash & dash

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2023, 10:00:36 pm »

J and s is absolutely right above , you wont likely find the stats very easily but any firemen knows from experience that the majority of car fires are malicious on petrol/diesel .  The big danger with electric cars is that you can't put them out, some brigades now have a hiab with a skip full of water on the back to fully submerse vehicle for 24hrs.

I have been in the fire service 36 years and arson is very low  cause of car fires in our area 98 % are electrical faults or fuel leaks

robert mitchell

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2023, 05:03:02 pm »

I have been in the fire service 36 years and arson is very low  cause of car fires in our area 98 % are electrical faults or fuel leaks

You obviously dont work near paulsgrove then ! ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2023, 05:37:46 pm »

Are we talking about the tree surgeon ? If so I know him well , still doesn’t alter the figures for  vehicle fires in Cornwall though 😂😂😂

DJW

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2023, 06:36:20 pm »
I’ve been an arsonist for twenty years and have to say you are both wrong.

windowswashed

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2023, 08:41:53 pm »
Thank goodness I'm old enough to not have to consider buying an electric van for my working life time. All the extra expense, range anxiety and in years to come parking problems with kerbside recharging for vehicles, LTN and more than likely Ulez charges everywhere as the councils are cash strapped and using motorists as easy, convenient, captured victims to pass the charges on to, to boost up their council tax revenues.

Less than two years to push until early retirement or part retirement, can't come soon enough. Twenty five years cleaning windows is long enough to appreciate that a happy work life balance is more important than work work work to stay in the rat race to compete day in day out. I do feel sorry for the younger ones trying to raise a family, get a mortgage with everything getting harder as life goes on.

robert mitchell

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2023, 04:09:39 pm »

Are we talking about the tree surgeon ? If so I know him well , still doesn’t alter the figures for  vehicle fires in Cornwall though 😂😂😂

Paulsgrove estate is famous for not knowing the difference between pediatrician and peadophile.