van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

Re: Anyone just use an 18ft pole ?
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2023, 08:01:21 am »
I use a 22ft all day every day and I do sometimes get a back ache, mind you I am 70 years old

You're an inspiration, Jay. Remind me how many days you work a week.

SLX or extreme?

4 sometimes 5 days start at 9ish finish by 2pm, the pole I use is bog standard one from Gardiners, nothing fancy

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2023, 10:10:21 am »
Just wondering if anyone has got their round to a point where they just just use and 18ft pole.

So got rid of any houses where there's reaching over connys, 3 storeys or velux etc.

I'm thinking this might be my next step in my business to make life easier....I've already got rid of all jobs that I can't reach with a 25 footer but still.im aching constantly and Feel knackered most days

I think I have too many jobs though where it wouldn't be possible and would probably decimate my round  :D

Seriously Adam.im 52 in Oct and very rarely ache(if I do its usually from a hard session in the gym the day or 2 before not from wfpoling).I use an xtreme 25 for most work and a 47 for a few jobs here and there.

I work 4 days a week(5-6 hours per day)

Usually 3 gym sessions per week(mainly lifting weights  for an hour each session)

A few hours playing drums  and a few hours walking the dog 🐕

Diet: I aim for 150g-200g protein per day and 3000-3500kcal per day and 5-6 portions fruit/veg.

Your body should be well used to wfpoling by now.

I've been window cleaning for  31 years(18 on ladders and 13 WFP).

Don't you get throbbing in your hands and forearms from gripping ?

I have it pretty much constant. Its not always bad but its there along with neck and shoulder pains. Don't get me wrong I usually recover over the weekend but come the following weds/ Thurs I feel pretty rubbish again.

Don't grip your pole too tight!🤣

Seriously think about how you work.

As for neck and shoulder pain it's very rare they ache unless I've been cleaning a conny roof or f/s/g clean but I've been doing shoulder presses,lat pull downs,Seated rows,etc for many years in the gym so my neck,shoulders and back are very strong which helps immensely with wfp cleaning.

I do suffer with carpal tunnel syndrome in my hands sometimes but it comes and goes.it does effect my drumming sometimes which is annoying!
price higher/work harder!

DJW

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2023, 01:26:50 pm »
I do shoulder raises with a wallet in each hand every evening. Works for me.

JandS

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2023, 04:20:20 pm »
How do you work with no breakfast.....I can't leave the house without it.....cereal with toast to follow or beans on toast or eggs on toast and sometimes a little grilled bacon to accompany it.....always washed down with a pint pot of tea..........fresh orange juice and water for during the day and pre made sandwiches, usually tuna, salmon or mackerel for dinner..........I limit myself to one coffee a day usually and 2 or 3 teas........66 in December and get the occasional aches..............gym twice a week and long walks 4 times a week especially with light nights..........love 2 or 3 cold beers just about every night.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Don Kee

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2023, 06:50:17 pm »
How do you work with no breakfast.....I can't leave the house without it.....cereal with toast to follow or beans on toast or eggs on toast and sometimes a little grilled bacon to accompany it.....always washed down with a pint pot of tea..........fresh orange juice and water for during the day and pre made sandwiches, usually tuna, salmon or mackerel for dinner..........I limit myself to one coffee a day usually and 2 or 3 teas........66 in December and get the occasional aches..............gym twice a week and long walks 4 times a week especially with light nights..........love 2 or 3 cold beers just about every night.

Dazmond?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2023, 01:01:57 am »
I use a 22ft all day every day and I do sometimes get a back ache, mind you I am 70 years old

You're an inspiration, Jay. Remind me how many days you work a week.

SLX or extreme?

4 sometimes 5 days start at 9ish finish by 2pm, the pole I use is bog standard one from Gardiners, nothing fancy
Well done my man👏👏

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2023, 01:04:25 am »
But if it’s not in a pool it doesn’t count😁