van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Anyone just use an 18ft pole ?
« on: August 09, 2023, 03:56:11 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has got their round to a point where they just just use and 18ft pole.

So got rid of any houses where there's reaching over connys, 3 storeys or velux etc.

I'm thinking this might be my next step in my business to make life easier....I've already got rid of all jobs that I can't reach with a 25 footer but still.im aching constantly and Feel knackered most days

I think I have too many jobs though where it wouldn't be possible and would probably decimate my round  :D

Soupy

Re: Anyone just use an 18ft pole ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 04:20:05 pm »
We use 22s as a daily driver.
A fully paid up  memeber of the blue pill community

zesty

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 06:04:16 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has got their round to a point where they just just use and 18ft pole.

So got rid of any houses where there's reaching over connys, 3 storeys or velux etc.

I'm thinking this might be my next step in my business to make life easier....I've already got rid of all jobs that I can't reach with a 25 footer but still.im aching constantly and Feel knackered most days

I think I have too many jobs though where it wouldn't be possible and would probably decimate my round  :D

What’s your diet like? What’s an Average days food?

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 06:34:01 pm »

Seriously Adam.im 52 in Oct and very rarely ache(if I do its usually from a hard session in the gym the day or 2 before not from wfpoling).I use an xtreme 25 for most work and a 47 for a few jobs here and there.

I work 4 days a week(5-6 hours per day)

Usually 3 gym sessions per week(mainly lifting weights  for an hour each session)

A few hours playing drums  and a few hours walking the dog 🐕

Diet: I aim for 150g-200g protein per day and 3000-3500kcal per day and 5-6 portions fruit/veg.

Your body should be well used to wfpoling by now.

I've been window cleaning for  31 years(18 on ladders and 13 WFP).
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 06:44:48 pm »
I just couldn't do half my work if I used a 18 footer,a 25 footer is just right for me.

I have loads of awkward windows over extensions,connys etc on some parts of my round.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023, 09:18:03 pm »

Seriously Adam.im 52 in Oct and very rarely ache(if I do its usually from a hard session in the gym the day or 2 before not from wfpoling).I use an xtreme 25 for most work and a 47 for a few jobs here and there.

I work 4 days a week(5-6 hours per day)

Usually 3 gym sessions per week(mainly lifting weights  for an hour each session)

A few hours playing drums  and a few hours walking the dog 🐕

Diet: I aim for 150g-200g protein per day and 3000-3500kcal per day and 5-6 portions fruit/veg.

Your body should be well used to wfpoling by now.

I've been window cleaning for  31 years(18 on ladders and 13 WFP).

Don't you get throbbing in your hands and forearms from gripping ?

I have it pretty much constant. Its not always bad but its there along with neck and shoulder pains. Don't get me wrong I usually recover over the weekend but come the following weds/ Thurs I feel pretty rubbish again.

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2023, 09:23:03 pm »

No breakfast
Sandwich, bag of crisps and Mars bar.  :D

Terrible to be fair i can't remember last time I ate fruit or veg...

Drink lots of coffee, a few pints of beer a week and stuff like pasta or pizza. Plenty of biscuits and cake for snacks.

My diet has been pretty much the same all my adult life maybe its catching up with me as I get older.

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2023, 10:30:50 pm »
How old are you?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2023, 10:51:17 pm »
Sometimes it's luck of the draw with joints, shoulders etc.

I use an extreme 20ft for 90% of my work. My extreme 25 does  another 8% and my 47 a handful of jobs.
It's a game of three halves!

NBwcs

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2023, 10:57:07 pm »
I use an 18ft pole for 90 to95% of my work, including windows over connys and windows over flat roofs (using small set of steps). I know areas differ and its very flat round here which helps so just because i can doesn't neccessarily mean everyone can but i do get the impression that a lot of wc are carrying extra weight around all day by using a 22ft pole when an 18 ft will do the job.

james peters

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2023, 07:42:27 am »
I use an 18ft pole for 90 to95% of my work, including windows over connys and windows over flat roofs (using small set of steps). I know areas differ and its very flat round here which helps so just because i can doesn't neccessarily mean everyone can but i do get the impression that a lot of wc are carrying extra weight around all day by using a 22ft pole when an 18 ft will do the job.

I use an 18 ft for 95% of my work
I carry a 25 ft on board .    we just do the windows where 25 ft is needed with a back pack
just looking at todays work ..... the 25 ft will be needed for just 3 windows .
I think its an area thing.... when I go away on holiday I am looking at the buildings and thinking what a ball ache it would be to work  in those areas

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2023, 09:13:12 am »

No breakfast

Drink lots of coffee, a few pints of beer a week and stuff like pasta or pizza. Plenty of biscuits and cake for snacks.

My diet has been pretty much the same all my adult life maybe its catching up with me as I get older.
There's your problem right there....

Very poor diet...your not getting enough protein and vitamins and minerals into your body for it to recover properly

deeege

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2023, 01:00:24 pm »

No breakfast

No chance this is a real question if that really is your typical diet  ;D

I don’t know how old you are but as you get into your late 30’s and early 40’s a diet like that will seriously start to catch up with you.

I’m 42, eat quite a clean diet, mostly unprocessed food, plenty of fruit, Veg with the occasional pizza/kebab/burger etc and I run 20-30 miles per week and have zero trouble working 35 hours comfortably. Most with a SLX25 with occasional higher work.

Sort your diet and exercise out and watch the rest fall into place.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2023, 01:38:57 pm »
I use a 22ft all day every day and I do sometimes get a back ache, mind you I am 70 years old

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2023, 01:47:10 pm »

No breakfast

No chance this is a real question if that really is your typical diet  ;D

I don’t know how old you are but as you get into your late 30’s and early 40’s a diet like that will seriously start to catch up with you.

I’m 42, eat quite a clean diet, mostly unprocessed food, plenty of fruit, Veg with the occasional pizza/kebab/burger etc and I run 20-30 miles per week and have zero trouble working 35 hours comfortably. Most with a SLX25 with occasional higher work.

Sort your diet and exercise out and watch the rest fall into place.

Ha ha
im 41

honestly i just thought it was a fairly normal diet, today for example all ive had is 3 big sausage rolls, some pringles and a few coffees. For tea i was gonna get fish and chips and for supper probably jam on toast or a bowl of frosties, No doubt some biscuits in between.

Does seem pretty bad now im typing it out but never given it much thought unless i was going to the gym then id probably get on a "diet" for a few weeks/months unitl i get bored and go back to normal.

I eat rubbish when im bored i think, should probably get into some form of exercise on an evening for something to do but im that tired when i come home i really dont feel like it. Its a vicious cycle no doubt.

zesty

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2023, 03:46:12 pm »
Sugar is serously inflammatory, cut out sugar, eat more protein and healthy fats instead. You’ll feel much better within a week  or so.

If that’s your average diet, you’re gonna feel pretty terrible all the time!

It is also genetics, aches and pains aren’t all down to food.

Might be worth shortening your days as well…

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2023, 05:09:08 pm »
Get someone to work with you, it'll make all the difference....

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2023, 05:46:38 pm »

Lol don’t suggest that again 😰😰😰😰

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2023, 11:08:35 pm »

Lol don’t suggest that again 😰😰😰😰

I was just thinking oh not again  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2023, 07:14:46 am »
I use a 22ft all day every day and I do sometimes get a back ache, mind you I am 70 years old

You're an inspiration, Jay. Remind me how many days you work a week.

SLX or extreme?
It's a game of three halves!