This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Gutter Vac help
« on: August 07, 2023, 11:31:39 am »
Bought new gutter sucker pro with the clamped poles.

Been using this morning and the suction is terrible????

All three motors fire up, but I’m disappointed in the suction.

Now my old sky vac (Years old, the smallest one they used to do) had more power! Although I never used the filter. So do the filters reduce the power to almost render them useless?

I ended up taking the filter out, and it was better, but not 3000watt better. I can’t understand it.

There isn’t a rear ‘exhaust’ on this machine, whereas the old sky vac did. Perhaps that’s an issue? Almost no where for the air to leave?

I’m baffled, I was expecting some sort of hurricane yet it pants.

Splash & dash

Re: Gutter Vac help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 12:44:28 pm »
Have you got the vac release pole ? If so make sure that it’s shut when using the vac , or check for kinks and blockages 

zesty

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 12:57:44 pm »
Have you got the vac release pole ? If so make sure that it’s shut when using the vac , or check for kinks and blockages

It’s none of the above mate, yeah release pole defo closed, I even opened it a few times to check it was actually working, that’s how bad it is.

The filter takes almost all the power out of it. Surely not having an ‘exhaust’ is a major factor? Or is that just the norm these days?

I’m really disappointed, how can my old knackered sky vac with half the power be sucking more air!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 03:00:56 pm »
Remove the filter - the hepa cloth one - that’s for dry vacuuming

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 03:57:38 pm »
I have the sky vac atom and the filter kills the suction on mine , no matter how clean I get the filter. Iv had to take the filter out many times just so I can get the job done

zesty

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 04:18:13 pm »
Remove the filter - the hepa cloth one - that’s for dry vacuuming

Darran

All it came with was the big filter that sits in the drum…

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 04:32:26 pm »
Should have bought the ipc machine i did  ;D

Used it today for the first time, sucks like a thai hooker

zesty

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 04:57:48 pm »
It is an IPC machine Adam, so I can’t understand the issue…

I’m sure it’s a lack of air exhaust! But it is designed that way. Perhaps I need to do away with the filter completely.

Another thought is the much wider poles and inlet, that will give a less concentrated suck and perhaps give the impression of less power.

Who knows!

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 05:08:14 pm »
I don't use any filters in my Vacs - they all come with one but its usually for dry vac work inside not gutter clearing

HTH

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

zesty

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 05:16:33 pm »
Filters coming out permanently now  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 05:17:53 pm »
I don't use any filters in my Vacs - they all come with one but its usually for dry vac work inside not gutter clearing

HTH

Darran

All the sky vacs come with a filter that’s used for gutter vaccing , it’s surprising how much dirt goes into it when dry it’s full of dust , when liquids it gets soaked , my old omnivac  didn’t have any filters and is still going strong 18 years later but sky vac said if you remove the filter it will suck dirt  into the motor or turbine on the interceptor and damage it , don’t have any lack of power with the filter in though until it’s practically blocked then take it out and wash it with a hose put it back and away you go .

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 05:22:42 pm »
Agree - no filter on the omnivac - so never used them since

the latest Hyundai I got has come with the bag filter and a foam filter that fits in the float area - I may use this when I adapt it for Gutter work

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 05:41:28 pm »
Agree - no filter on the omnivac - so never used them since

the latest Hyundai I got has come with the bag filter and a foam filter that fits in the float area - I may use this when I adapt it for Gutter work

Darran

Yes the skyvac ones have a ridged  filter that goes over the float switch / motor area , it dies get a lot of dirt on it

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2023, 05:43:50 pm »
thats the kiddy, will give it a bash and see the air flow difference

Darran

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2023, 05:51:22 pm »
thats the kiddy, will give it a bash and see the air flow difference

Darran

I have tried mine with it fitted and taken out and don’t  notice any drop in suction until it’s practically blocked , but due to warranty still use the filters .

zesty

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2023, 07:14:28 pm »
Yeah I thought I would get one of those filters in the pack…

james peters

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2023, 09:26:23 am »
I dont use the filter .... but I put a pair of tights over the motor for protection. it doesnt affect the suction
however I always have been eccentric ;D

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2023, 10:59:03 am »
My IPC machine doesn't have a filter over the motor itself t just has a big white thing you put into the drum.

Assumed that was for dry then for wet you just don't use anything but I don't really know.

zesty

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2023, 11:58:14 am »
My IPC machine doesn't have a filter over the motor itself t just has a big white thing you put into the drum.

Assumed that was for dry then for wet you just don't use anything but I don't really know.

That’s what mine came with, I’ll check the model number later, it’s the gutter sucker pro.

I just haven’t noticed great power, compared with the old 1400 watt atom.

I’m really surprised!

Will try the tights trick  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2023, 02:28:11 pm »

This is my skyvac atom filter - suction killer!