This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

Gutter Inspection Cameras
« on: June 11, 2023, 09:12:43 am »
What cameras are currently the best for checking inside gutters before during and after gutter debris removal jobs?

What do you view images on phone monitor etc?

I've got the Gardiner fitting for putting the camera on a WFP and would like to upgrade from the Spinnaclean set up.  Needs good clear images that can cope with varying light levels and focuses with an unsteady hand .

Some links to products would be useful I'm thinking GoPro type technology 

Smudger

Re: Gutter Inspection Cameras
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 09:41:58 am »
I use SJCam and got one the same a LEE ( another GoPro likeilook ) fit them to the pole and use smartphone to look and record results

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

simon w

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 09:47:05 am »
I use SJCam and got one the same a LEE ( another GoPro likeilook ) fit them to the pole and use smartphone to look and record results

Darran

Can they be attached to an Xtreme pole using one of these   https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-camera-mount.html  ?

How do you view images through your phone while holding pole/camera? do you fix your phone to base section on pole?

Where is the best place to buy these at the moment and what other parts do I need to get the system set up for inspecting gutters?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 12:05:41 pm »
Yes I use the gardiner adaptor but the cameras one withloads of clamps etc..

Camera is wifi so just pair up

We tend to work in pairs for gutters that needs camera confirmation - so just handhold

I’m sure there is a bracket you could buy for a few quid

EBay or Amazon

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

simon w

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 06:51:54 am »
Yes I use the gardiner adaptor but the cameras one withloads of clamps etc..

Camera is wifi so just pair up

We tend to work in pairs for gutters that needs camera confirmation - so just handhold

I’m sure there is a bracket you could buy for a few quid

EBay or Amazon

Darran

Which model is best for gutter inspections using a WFP?

simon w

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 09:23:00 pm »

Darran

Darran, can you let me know which SJCam model is best for gutter work and I'll see if I can get one one line.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 07:21:08 pm »
used a older version go pro that you can pick up cheaper than current models

simon w

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 09:25:10 am »
A question for Darren or Lee, can you let me know which make and model SJcam you both use and a link to buying one would be helpful so I can order one, got a medium size debris removal job mid October and could do with a cam better than the one I'm currently using.

simon w

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 09:26:29 am »

Any particular models work best for the work we do Frank?

Ched

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 01:13:53 pm »

I have a SJ4000 that has a good dynamic range (light to dark) but I bought a v50 elite from amazon: https://amzn.to/3F06Gbe I bought it as it comes with 2 batteries and a dual usb charger plus it has a remote wrist strap to start and stop recordings, it even does voice commands! The app works well although I have had the odd occasion where it wouldn't record, live images fine, a restart sorted it. There is a second or so delay in the 'live' images but that could be my slow phone. I have it set to 1080p even though it does 4K I don't need 4K to grab still images from the video and it just uses up sd card space.

simon w

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2023, 10:33:51 am »

I have a SJ4000 that has a good dynamic range (light to dark) but I bought a v50 elite from amazon: https://amzn.to/3F06Gbe I bought it as it comes with 2 batteries and a dual usb charger plus it has a remote wrist strap to start and stop recordings, it even does voice commands! The app works well although I have had the odd occasion where it wouldn't record, live images fine, a restart sorted it. There is a second or so delay in the 'live' images but that could be my slow phone. I have it set to 1080p even though it does 4K I don't need 4K to grab still images from the video and it just uses up sd card space.

Is the V50 Elite compatible with a Gardiner pole and the gooseneck they sell for cameras to be mounted to their poles? looks like a decent piece of kit, if your working solo how do you inspect the inside of the gutters from your phone while using pole and camera?

Ched

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2023, 09:36:21 pm »

Is the V50 Elite compatible with a Gardiner pole and the gooseneck they sell for cameras to be mounted to their poles? looks like a decent piece of kit, if your working solo how do you inspect the inside of the gutters from your phone while using pole and camera?
The V50 uses the same type of mount as the go pro's so yes it fits the Gardiner QUICK-LOQ ACTION CAMERA MOUNT (https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-camera-mount.html) which fits where the Gardiners brush square fitting would go. So pop off your brush then pop on the camera mount.
I tend to inspect the gutters to see how bad they are, and how big the gap is between tiles and gutters, using my Gardiners pole and the camera mount and use this mount to hold my phone to my pole https://amzn.to/3tkKRAy it goes up to 40mm pole so fits my slx27 no problems as that's 37mm, I think it should fit an slx 35 as that's 40mm diameter. I also take video footage and then create stills an my laptop at home to attach to quotations. I also find it better to view the footage on a laptop to get a better picture of how bad the gutters to assist in pricing. The images on the phone are good enough to see if they are clear when you have finished.

When I'm emptying them I use GVS camera mount which again is standard gopro type and GVS phone holder. The GVS phone holder isn't as good as the one I use on my wf pole as it doesn't have a swivel on so it's at parallel to the gutter pole.

Hope that helps?