This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Re: Electric Hose reels
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2023, 07:42:55 am »
Not particularly happy with my HD reel, find it slow, and doesn’t seem to have much tourque (it’s not the battery).

I’ve also had to change the belt which was annoying, fiddly and faffy. It’s still slipping in the winter when it’s cold and the belt is stiff etc. I much prefer chain drive.

Will go PF when the time comes to replace the HD.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2023, 09:52:17 am »
I think under consumer law you have a right to a full refund if you are not happy with the product within a certain time period.

Certainly something I would explore from what you have said Nigel.

Consumer law doesn’t apply, this is a business to business transaction.

For the same reason, section 75 claims (where you can hold the credit card company liable) also doesn’t apply.

(It’s in section 75 of the CONSUMER credit act)

NWH

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2023, 11:37:15 am »
Not particularly happy with my HD reel, find it slow, and doesn’t seem to have much tourque (it’s not the battery).

I’ve also had to change the belt which was annoying, fiddly and faffy. It’s still slipping in the winter when it’s cold and the belt is stiff etc. I much prefer chain drive.

Buy one from Xline it’s the HD original and imo that is the best electric reel thus far that’s come on the market.

NWH

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2023, 11:41:58 am »
I think under consumer law you have a right to a full refund if you are not happy with the product within a certain time period.

For the same reason, section 75 claims (where you can hold the credit card company liable) also doesn’t apply.

I have had a product that I am not happy with it works yes is it to my satisfaction no it’s not couldn’t be further from the truth,for the 3rd or 4th time yesterday I was asked to send another video in to them.
All I want is to replace it with an electric reel that reels out and reels in 100 meters of hose within a
morning,should have known it was going to be P**s poor after speaking to the guys fitting it half way through the attitude was don’t get you’re hopes up compared to other brands m8.

Splash & dash

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2023, 05:07:49 pm »

The HD reel  is chain drive the belt drive one is the 3 D , they aren’t as fast or torquey as the HD but we have 6 of the original ones using hot water and they are fine , the pure freedom is a much heavier duty reel I have a stainless twin stack in my van but they aren’t significantly better than the waterworks reels

Splash & dash

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2023, 05:13:01 pm »

I have had a product that I am not happy with it works yes is it to my satisfaction no it’s not couldn’t be further from the truth,for the 3rd or 4th time yesterday I was asked to send another video in to them.
All I want is to replace it with an electric reel that reels out and reels in 100 meters of hose within a
morning,should have known it was going to be P**s poor after speaking to the guys fitting it half way through the attitude was don’t get you’re hopes up compared to other brands m8.

You are wasting your time all there reels are the same trust me been there and had them all were faulty from the outset but the company tried to blame me , what they were unaware of was I had video evidence and staff present when they were unpacked and fitted , best to go else ware , appalling  customer service , shame really  some of there products are very good

NWH

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2023, 05:57:12 pm »
What do you mean Splash you videoed you’re staff assembling them,in what way am I wasting my time they’ve fitted something that is not working as I was expecting.

Splash & dash

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2023, 06:18:40 pm »
What do you mean Splash you videoed you’re staff assembling them,in what way am I wasting my time they’ve fitted something that is not working as I was expecting.

No I videoed the unpacking of the reels  one of which was wired up wrong so the drum was turning as soon as you connected the lead to the battery’s that was just one tiny issue , they ignored emails from me didn’t return phone calls as promised, and I can name at least 4 others that have had the same issues I won’t say any more than that . Good luck getting it sorted out , they will keep asking for videos  of the issues I sent several then when you contact them again it’s like they have not known about the issue you have and want the videos sent again .

NWH

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2023, 06:31:07 pm »
Yeah I’ve had that can you send a video when I’ve already sent one,if he ignores the next one he’ll get a video of me knocking one out.

dd

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2023, 06:48:30 pm »
If you read Grippatank's terms and conditions, under their Returns Policy,you have a statutory right to a 7 day "cooling off" period in which you can return goods to them for a full refund - does not include shipping costs.

NWH

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2023, 07:21:18 pm »
They were contacted and made aware of the issues well within 7 days I’ve got the emails to prove it.

dd

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2023, 09:06:11 pm »
They were contacted and made aware of the issues well within 7 days I’ve got the emails to prove it.
Yes but my understanding is you actually need to ask for a full refund within the 7 days, not just report a fault. The 7 day cooling off period has nothing to do with whether or not the product is faulty or works perfectly.

Splash & dash

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2023, 09:43:19 pm »
Yes but my understanding is you actually need to ask for a full refund within the 7 days, not just report a fault. The 7 day cooling off period has nothing to do with whether or not the product is faulty or works perfectly.

You still have statutory rights with faulty goods Evan if it’s a business to business  transactions been there and done that with  trading standards and solicitor😂😂😂  .

Splash & dash

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2023, 09:44:31 pm »

That’s nothing to do with a cooling off period . He has faulty goods and is entitled to his money back full stop

NWH

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2023, 10:42:04 pm »
It’s not faulty it is very difficult to reel out it’s ridiculous and its pathetically slow to reel back in,I have lubricated it with the recommended grease although this should have been done just a few days before when fitted.
I did a Nursing home last week early and the noise the reel made pulling the hose out or trying to pull it out was so loud I could hear it from the other side of the property,a manual reel would be easier to use.

Splash & dash

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2023, 01:17:50 pm »
It’s not faulty it is very difficult to reel out it’s ridiculous and its pathetically slow to reel back in,I have lubricated it with the recommended grease although this should have been done just a few days before when fitted.
I did a Nursing home last week early and the noise the reel made pulling the hose out or trying to pull it out was so loud I could hear it from the other side of the property,a manual reel would be easier to use.

The grey control box regulates the amount of resistance when pulling the hose out that will be the problem part I also  experienced this . Speed of re wind is slow compared to others .

dd

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2023, 02:29:14 pm »

That’s nothing to do with a cooling off period . He has faulty goods and is entitled to his money back full stop
Yes but it should be easier to get your money back by using the 7 day cooling off period rather than having to prove the goods are faulty. From what others have posted about the Grippa reel it seems as if it probably is not faulty, it is just a poorly designed product.

Splash & dash

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2023, 02:41:17 pm »

Yes but it should be easier to get your money back by using the 7 day cooling off period rather than having to prove the goods are faulty. From what others have posted about the Grippa reel it seems as if it probably is not faulty, it is just a poorly designed product.

I agree the design is poor the frame of the reel flexes to much especially when mounted as a twin stack  allowing the very narrow gears to become disengaged and the drum drops , also the hose in the centre spindle rubs through the wiring causing the reel to short out , this has supposedly been fixed by a hand cut piece of plastic put over the centre spindle. But it’s still not fit for purpose so he’s entitled to a refund .

NWH

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2023, 03:26:38 pm »
Even after just a few hours of use over the last couple of weeks if that minutes more like the central drum looks p** when reeling in.

Smudger

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2023, 04:42:17 pm »
The main thing you need to establish with the reel is how long should it take to reel in 100 meters of hose

there must be spec's for this somewhere - if your reel cant achieve this then you have an issue - otherwise the reel does what it says it does reels in and out

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience