This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Electric Hose reels
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2023, 05:25:45 pm »
No I was getting somewhere until I have stated that I’m not happy and want something doing about it until then constant flow of replies daily,like I said anyone can sell something it’s all about the aftercare with things that keeps you going back.

dd

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2023, 05:49:00 pm »
They seriously need to sort their customer service out at GrippaTank,  Oliver and the engineers are great, but the girls in the office are useless.
I don't think they can be that great otherwise they would have designed a better reel. When you read the rubbish they write on their website about their electric reel and how it has been the result of years of research - it is all BS.

The Grippa tank system was designed by Alex Gardiner and seems to be the one thing they do well.

deeege

« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2023, 06:03:54 pm »
I remember ordering some door cards from grippertank, what an ordeal that was, it took so long to actually receive the goods that I’d given up on them, then they turned up all wrong anyway. He had some ‘creative’ excuses too, shambles of a company.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Bungle

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2023, 06:12:34 pm »
I remember ordering some door cards from grippertank, what an ordeal that was, it took so long to actually receive the goods that I’d given up on them, then they turned up all wrong anyway. He had some ‘creative’ excuses too, shambles of a company.

I had exactly the same problem.
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2023, 06:25:32 pm »
I would only grippa as a very last resort - yes I had the same all those years ago with door storage

Alex must cringe at the association with grippa

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

SB Cleaning

« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2023, 07:09:47 pm »
They seriously need to sort their customer service out at GrippaTank,  Oliver and the engineers are great, but the girls in the office are useless.
I don't think they can be that great otherwise they would have designed a better reel. When you read the rubbish they write on their website about their electric reel and how it has been the result of years of research - it is all BS.

The Grippa tank system was designed by Alex Gardiner and seems to be the one thing they do well.
I can't fault the work they did, its just the pi$$ing about trying to get hold of someone that knows what they are talking about  i found annoying.

NWH

« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2023, 07:14:43 pm »
Really what just not getting someone to talk to what about getting things rectified and sorted,I’ve spent 2700 since last October with them.

NWH

« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2023, 07:51:27 pm »
Some people may like that though because if you speak to someone that knows what they are on about things would-should get done then, no excuses.
Sending constant emails with videos is ridiculous and not how to run a business if you make the product know what they do you shouldn’t need them,a simple FaceTime call would sort it first time round.

NWH

« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2023, 07:51:55 pm »
It’s called deflection.

Splash & dash

« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2023, 09:12:35 pm »
Just going to say I have heard not one thing this week after sending in a video reply.

Not surprised most seam to have the same response

Splash & dash

« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2023, 09:17:52 pm »
No I was getting somewhere until I have stated that I’m not happy and want something doing about it until then constant flow of replies daily,like I said anyone can sell something it’s all about the aftercare with things that keeps you going back.

They monitor the forums and if anything negative is posted they tend to use that against you a guy on the other forum is having major issues with them and they are quoting what he’s put on the forum and denying it .

Splash & dash

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2023, 09:19:17 pm »

There boilers and floor rollers are good

Splash & dash

« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2023, 09:21:11 pm »
I would only grippa as a very last resort - yes I had the same all those years ago with door storage

Al x must cringe at the association with grippa

Darran

Don’t think there is any association between them anymore

NWH

« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2023, 09:31:49 pm »
Are they monitoring their own emails they send out then at the moment they are monitoring how much people are charging to clean windows in all parts of the country 🤣🤣.

dd

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2023, 04:39:25 pm »

Al x must cringe at the association with grippa

Darran

Don’t think there is any association between them anymore
They are the only other company (in England) that sell Gardiner poles and brushes and I imagine Alex must get some sort of commission every time they sell one of the systems he designed.

They get generally good feedback from their system installations.

NWH

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2023, 04:50:59 pm »
There’s nothing wrong with their installations and repairs I’ve never had a problem with them in that sense.

Paddy1984

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2023, 09:23:29 pm »
I think under consumer law you have a right to a full refund if you are not happy with the product within a certain time period.

Certainly something I would explore from what you have said Nigel.

Consumer law doesn’t apply, this is a business to business transaction.

For the same reason, section 75 claims (where you can hold the credit card company liable) also doesn’t apply.

(It’s in section 75 of the CONSUMER credit act)

Taken from the financial ombudsman's website....

"For Section 75 to apply, in the first instance the following four conditions must all be satisfied:
s The cash price of the goods or services
bought by the consumer must be at least
£100 and no more than £30,000.
s The amount of credit provided to the
consumer towards the purchase must not exceed £25,000, and must have been provided to an ‘individual’ (which includes sole traders, small partnerships and unincorporated businesses, as well as ordinary consumers)."

Paddy1984

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2023, 09:59:43 pm »

They monitor the forums and if anything negative is posted they tend to use that against you a guy on the other forum is having major issues with them and they are quoting what he’s put on the forum and denying it .

Sounds like bullying to me, trying to intimidate people and remove their right to share their experiences. Having read and experienced a few stories like this one I cannot understand how their Google reviews don't echo this. I understand why people wouldn't share their experiences while dealing with a problem but once it's resolved more people really should. It's unfortunate there isn't a trust pilot like system for our industry.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2023, 11:39:13 pm »
I think under consumer law you have a right to a full refund if you are not happy with the product within a certain time period.

Certainly something I would explore from what you have said Nigel.

Consumer law doesn’t apply, this is a business to business transaction.

For the same reason, section 75 claims (where you can hold the credit card company liable) also doesn’t apply.

(It’s in section 75 of the CONSUMER credit act)

Taken from the financial ombudsman's website....

"For Section 75 to apply, in the first instance the following four conditions must all be satisfied:
s The cash price of the goods or services
bought by the consumer must be at least
£100 and no more than £30,000.
s The amount of credit provided to the
consumer towards the purchase must not exceed £25,000, and must have been provided to an ‘individual’ (which includes sole traders, small partnerships and unincorporated businesses, as well as ordinary consumers)."

Well there you go, I never knew that.
So everything other than a ltd company.

I stand corrected!

NWH

« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2023, 07:50:30 pm »
If you look on the website every angle covered if it blew me up they’d say it was because I had Blakeys on my shoes,they told me it is the only reel on the market with that much torque 🤣🤣🤣,put it this way you won’t have to worry about it nesting on the reel as they call it you’ll have plenty of time to see it happening it literally couldn’t be any slower,I had a tortoise 🐢 look at me today at the back of the van and said does that reel fancy a race lol.