This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Re: Electric Hose reels
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2023, 09:01:26 pm »
I’ve given it some serious thinking and I reckon we should all go back to scaffold poles and Hoselock plastic reels,there’s nothing like getting in of an afternoon and feeling like you’ve been run over.
Oh and a pump flat out no controllers needed,as long as the waters around the 30PPM mark I’m happy 🤣🤣.
My first pole 13 years ago  was a brodex 18ft ally , petal steel reel lifting in and out,van ports,pole hose tap, I had it all ;D

NWH

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2023, 09:51:24 pm »
No response again today video sent.

Smudger

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2023, 11:54:58 pm »
I’ve given it some serious thinking and I reckon we should all go back to scaffold poles and Hoselock plastic reels,there’s nothing like getting in of an afternoon and feeling like you’ve been run over.
Oh and a pump flat out no controllers needed,as long as the waters around the 30PPM mark I’m happy 🤣🤣.
My first pole 13 years ago  was a brodex 18ft ally , petal steel reel lifting in and out,van ports,pole hose tap, I had it all ;D

Ditto!

those brodex poles were such a wondrous thing !

when I brought a second hand window cleaning van it came with a 50 ft brodex  :-X  - I couldn't lift it - it was about 10 ft long so you couldn't reach the clamps and the base section must have been nearly 4 inches in diameter

cant understand why we ever wanted to move on from that..

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

SB Cleaning

« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2023, 05:08:31 pm »

Ditto!

those brodex poles were such a wondrous thing !

when I brought a second hand window cleaning van it came with a 50 ft brodex  :-X  - I couldn't lift it - it was about 10 ft long so you couldn't reach the clamps and the base section must have been nearly 4 inches in diameter

cant understand why we ever wanted to move on from that..

Darran
;D the 18ft was heavy enough!

robbo333

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2023, 05:52:31 pm »
I bought the 3D reel and I'm very happy with it, but my purchase was more out of necessity due to tennis elbow, golfers elbow and shoulder pains. I either made my day less strenuous, or I pretty much stopped window cleaning.

Along with the 3D reel, I started using an Xtreme pole and brushes, put 30m of Gardiners reinforced pole hose on my main reel (to make it lighter to pull round) and got rid of any jobs that involved awkward stretching over connys etc. I haven't binned them all but I have binned the worst of them. Also I work slightly less hours per day.
I have to say that since I made these changes, my elbows and shoulders are far better and my pain level is reduced considerably.
I'm 59 now and I'm still in good shape.

I would honestly say that when you are younger, try and make your day as easy (and as less strenuous) as possible; buy the best equipment you can and if you think a gadget or gizmo can help take the strain from your body, speed you up, or reduce stress levels, then seriously think about getting it; it's not as if we can't afford it!

Investing in good kit and making your life easier (and less strenuous) when you are younger will help maintain your body in good shape, for when you get older.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2023, 06:13:12 pm »
👂 deaf 👂 s

M.c.s

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2023, 06:27:07 pm »
Switching to electric is da very big game changer
Never go back

Matt.

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2023, 09:38:00 pm »
I love clean it up in the evenings

Matt.

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2023, 09:41:37 pm »
And all this working hard malarkey …. I worked the hardest and I reel in a manual reel, but mine are so easy to reel it’s effortless, they are attached to the inside of the roof so just hang there near the back doors …….

These electric reels are good reading, I was in wcw last week and they have one for a pressure washer set up same as window cleaning one just wider …… now this is what we talking about when it comes to electric hose reels being a massive help !!!!!

Has anyone used these for pressure washing hoses on there set up at all, am defo tempted meself

NWH

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2023, 10:11:03 pm »
What for window cleaning if so I’ve thought about buying the wider one.

Splash & dash

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2023, 10:13:41 pm »
And all this working hard malarkey …. I worked the hardest and I reel in a manual reel, but mine are so easy to reel it’s effortless, they are attached to the inside of the roof so just hang there near the back doors …….

These electric reels are good reading, I was in wcw last week and they have one for a pressure washer set up same as window cleaning one just wider …… now this is what we talking about when it comes to electric hose reels being a massive help !!!!!

Has anyone used these for pressure washing hoses on there set up at all, am defo tempted meself

We have them for our pressure  washers but the centre spindles are very small diameter so winding the hose on is slow ok for pressure washing but not for window cleaning

SB Cleaning

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2023, 06:29:23 am »
And all this working hard malarkey …. I worked the hardest and I reel in a manual reel, but mine are so easy to reel it’s effortless
Not as effortless as electric though is it.

Matt.

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2023, 08:36:46 am »
I no that 👍

Am thinking more for pressure washing,

Stoots

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2023, 08:45:39 am »
First job of the day and my pipe has bust on my leccy reel.

Nothing to fix it with I'm having to resort to my manual reel.

Once you've had a leccy reel you really wouldn't go back got tennis elbow already

dazmond

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2023, 08:59:41 am »
I bought the 3D reel and I'm very happy with it, but my purchase was more out of necessity due to tennis elbow, golfers elbow and shoulder pains. I either made my day less strenuous, or I pretty much stopped window cleaning.

Along with the 3D reel, I started using an Xtreme pole and brushes, put 30m of Gardiners reinforced pole hose on my main reel (to make it lighter to pull round) and got rid of any jobs that involved awkward stretching over connys etc. I haven't binned them all but I have binned the worst of them. Also I work slightly less hours per day.
I have to say that since I made these changes, my elbows and shoulders are far better and my pain level is reduced considerably.
I'm 59 now and I'm still in good shape.

I would honestly say that when you are younger, try and make your day as easy (and as less strenuous) as possible; buy the best equipment you can and if you think a gadget or gizmo can help take the strain from your body, speed you up, or reduce stress levels, then seriously think about getting it; it's not as if we can't afford it!

Investing in good kit and making your life easier (and less strenuous) when you are younger will help maintain your body in good shape, for when you get older.

Exactly......have a great day Robbo... :)
price higher/work harder!

dd

« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2023, 04:28:18 pm »
Any progress in getting your issues sorted Nigel? It has been 10 days since you started the topic.

NWH

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2023, 04:35:20 pm »
Just going to say I have heard not one thing this week after sending in a video reply.

dd

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2023, 04:56:10 pm »
I hope you get it sorted soon. This topic has completely put me off buying any of their hose reels.

NWH

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2023, 05:10:56 pm »
When you sell a product or service it’s when things go wrong and how you handle it by putting it right which sets company’s apart,anyone can sell you something then not pick the phone up.

brianbarber

« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2023, 05:20:12 pm »
Just going to say I have heard not one thing this week after sending in a video reply.

I’m sorry to say it’seems to be the case with Grippatank, the girls have little tech knowledge , they may pass the info to Oliver or a tech but then it takes days for a reply
   Everything has to be via email , a phone call back is a very rare occurrence

And the videos to send is ok, but to me it’s pointless if you wait a week for a reply….

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!