This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Drake

Estate cars and tanks
« on: November 29, 2022, 09:36:01 pm »
Can this be done successfully?
I've had vans for years, but with ULEZ coming, would working out of a VW Passet etc work with a 300 litre tank?
Anyone else use an Estate car?

Spruce

Re: Estate cars and tanks
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 11:18:08 pm »
I've had vans for years, but with ULEZ coming, would working out of a VW Passet etc work with a 300 litre tank?

If you do a search under estate car I'm sure you will find a bit of info.
300 liters is heavy. Will the estate handle that weight. The load also needs to be distributed correctly. Putting all that weight behind and partially over the rear axle could well overload it.
Best to try to find the maximum axle weights and go from there.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 11:24:56 pm »
Use a van. (I've used an estate car, a trailer and a trolley in the distant past.)

In the early years of my going wfp I had a 175L tank in the far back of my Honda Accord. I made sure it could not slide forward.

Pulled away sharpish from an uphill junction and the tank slid back and smashed the rear window.  :D
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 07:42:10 am »
A trailer would be an option if you had a capable towcar ive seen a couple using them round my way but they always seem to be older chaps with small tanks fitted. I imagine they are part time as it must be a bit of a pig to manoeuvre.

If you are working out of a car barrels and a trolley might be easier and more practical in terms of turning it quickly back to a car.

andycap

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 07:44:39 am »
I do a trolley system ,carry 180 litres in containers in a Renault grand scenic ...works for me  but then I’m
Only 5 hour day ...

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 09:20:58 am »

We have used a Toyota Previa, people carrier forthe last three years and it has been fantastic, formally a Seven seater, Two rear sliding doors, it can carry the weight, drives like a car and does 45MPG, Its only a single man unit but we use it for the jobs where you have to travel to. We Vynal covered the rear windows and hatch to give it a more profesional look.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

alank

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 09:57:55 am »
That looks very decent .

EandM

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 08:52:47 pm »
I briefly had a 400 litre tank in the back of Citroen XM estate.

The hydropneumatic suspension coped perfectly with the weight as did the brakes.

The problem I found, after eliminating all leaks and drips, was that the presence of the water inside the vehicle caused excessive condensation which then made the interior carpeting damp which meant that I could never sufficiently demist the windows.

I then discovered pick up trucks and all my problems were solved.

Ggh

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 07:55:22 am »
Couple years ago when I started, it was a Nissan almera with loads of 20litre drums, so I could spread the weight about. Had to drill a hole in the passenger footwell to let the spilt water run out.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

andycap

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 01:10:07 pm »
Couple years ago when I started, it was a Nissan almera with loads of 20litre drums, so I could spread the weight about. Had to drill a hole in the passenger footwell to let the spilt water run out.

I know that feeling 😉

Drake

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2022, 02:26:16 pm »
Thanks for your support, guys.
I'll guess I'll stick with a van

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2022, 02:32:25 pm »
Thanks for your support, guys.
I'll guess I'll stick with a van

Best way mate.WFP will destroy a car....

I have a dedicated van for work and a separate car for leisure.never mix the 2 except in extreme emergencies!
price higher/work harder!